'Villains Unleashed' hard ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

Animaniac93-98

We're about a month away from this one-night event, but unlike Harambe Nights or Frozen's premium package, this has still not yet sold out as far as I know.

There are probably a number of reasons why, but if it doesn't, I doubt Disney will do it again.

GiveMeTheMusic

We're about a month away from this one-night event, but unlike Harambe Nights or Frozen's premium package, this has still not yet sold out as far as I know.

There are probably a number of reasons why, but if it doesn't, I doubt Disney will do it again.

This might sound crazy, but why is this event happening in August? This is a Halloween-ish event - they could sell multiple nights during the Halloween season.

wannabeBelle

This might sound crazy, but why is this event happening in August? This is a Halloween-ish event - they could sell multiple nights during the Halloween season.
Not likely as they would be taking away from the Mickey's Not So Scary, I realize it is a different audience but I just cant see Disney competing with themselves on a level like that. Marie

doctornick

The stage is one reason, because I think it needs to be gone from DHS by October.

I wouldn't be surprised if another reason is the costumes -- for some of the characters this might be the only costume Disney has and they may need to ship them to DLR, etc for Halloween.

YodaMan

If they're flying in costumes for characters that aren't usually here, is it safe to assume they'll do training/rehearsal for those characters somewhere in the days leading to the event?

Matt_Black

Kind of like the Red Sox when they tried to keep the streak going?

tumblr_mjelu4Tlvt1rwu12co4_250.gif

asianway

You probably missed the earlier posts, the problem in this situation is no one at Disney knows for sure. The Disney website does not include a Fantasmic pre-show. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/villains-unleashed/

However, Disney's own blog does. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...oming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios-august-23/

Various outside blogs differ. Regardless Disney's own employees differ. Dining believes there is a Fantasmic Show. Brown Derby employees state there is not. Guest Services advises that the website does not state there is one so there is not one.
Oh look there's a Fantasmic. #toldjaso

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom