VIDEO and PHOTOS - Morocco's B'net Al Houwariyate debut at Epcot

doctornick

Seems pretty good to me. That's the type of experience I would like to see more of in WS pavilions. It's very distinct and it's not something I would see anywhere else in my life typically.

I can understand the complaint of it not having a lot of variety during the show and so one might not watch the entire thing. But I think I would enjoy this live for 5-10 minutes and as a general background noise while in the pavilion.

Last edited:

Gomer

Honestly, this is exactly what I was hoping for. Mo'Rockin was nice, but this feels more in tune with the theming of the pavilion as a whole. I hope they add more traditional music acts like this in the other countries. I'd spend an afternoon listening to them all.

doctornick

But from the video - entertaining is a bit of a stretch, That being said It is indeed interesting and WS does need more of this kind of show.

I not sure why one would not think they are "entertaining". When the group was first announced for Epcot people found videos of a concert they did at the Kennedy Center and people were up and dancing and enjoying themselves. I think not finding it "entertaining" is kind of in the eye of the beholder and most of us (and I include myself in this) just aren't familiar with watching a performance of this type of music as a concert; in that sense, IMHO it makes it all the more relevant of an act for WS by exposing guests to something that they aren't familiar with as a new way to experience a different culture.

Both this and the Italy flags are something that I wouldn't experience without seeing them at Epcot and that's a good thing.

I'd still like to the them get a replacement act for America for the Drum and Fife.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I not sure why one would not think they are "entertaining". When the group was first announced for Epcot people found videos of a concert they did at the Kennedy Center and people were up and dancing and enjoying themselves. I think not finding it "entertaining" is kind of in the eye of the beholder and most of us (and I include myself in this) just aren't familiar with watching a performance of this type of music as a concert; in that sense, IMHO it makes it all the more relevant of an act for WS by exposing guests to something that they aren't familiar with as a new way to experience a different culture.

Both this and the Italy flags are something that I wouldn't experience without seeing them at Epcot and that's a good thing.

I'd still like to the them get a replacement act for America for the Drum and Fife.

Entertainment is a cultural thing, I don't find most middle eastern forms of entertainment to be entertaining to me, Interesting yes - I doubt most middle easterners would find a highland games and bagpipes to be entertaining either they might find them interesting as an intellectual exercise only.

Many of us liked Mo'Rockin because it was a fusion of middle eastern and western entertainment but it was by no means representative of traditional middle eastern forms of entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom