1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Via Napoli

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by SyracuseDisneyFan, Mar 12, 2017.

1. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

I'm so excited. I have a reservation for Via Napoli on May 13 at 1:30. I went there in 2014 and I can't wait to eat there again :).

Courtney6682 and EvilQueen-T like this.
  2. belledream

belledream Well-Known Member

Went there for the first time last year after wanting to try it for so long...loved it! And surprisingly, it was honestly the best tiramisu I've ever had. Enjoy!

3. EvilQueen-T

EvilQueen-T Well-Known Member

Happy eating lol!

4. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member Original Poster

5. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

I usually stuff out on the arancini appetizer - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu. Really yummy!

6. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member Original Poster

I'm especially excited. I live outside of Syracuse, NY and right now, we're in the middle of a snowstorm.

7. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

Overall I really like Via Napoli, but there arancini is something I find lacking. It's not the dish - I have had plenty of arancini in other places. I just don't like theirs. To each their own.

-dave

8. danyoung56

I guess I'd like to try some of those other places, dave, as for me the arancini from Via Napoli is da BOMB!

9. ekutchey

ekutchey Active Member

A must for every trip!! We actually visit twice each trip.

10. Phonedave

You have to come up to New Jersey then. Honestly, I can tell you a take out place where the cold arancini that you take home and heat is much better than Via Napoli's http://jerryshomemade.com/catering however if you are going to go through the trouble of going there, I would spend my money on the buffalo mozzerella they fly in from Italy. Unfortunately, that place is a 30 minute drive from my house. The deli that I can walk to in 5 minutes down the street, theirs' are not so good. However the Italian restarant I can see from my front window, has some pretty goood ones.

-dave

11. Spectro

Spectro Active Member

I'm sorry but the pizza here seems very pricey to me. Is it that good ? $22 for an individual pizza ? Or am I looking at the wrong menu items .... I love pizza but ouch ?!

jensenrick likes this.
  12. danyoung56

Ah, you didn't tell me that you were from JERSEY! That changes everything!!!

;)

13. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

Buy a large or mezzo if you’re with others, for sure. My parents, brother and I will go there often. We buy a mezzo pizza, and a pitcher of beer almost every time. The mezzo pizzas are about $45 I believe, and we can barely finish it (4 adults). That comes out to ~$11/person. That’s less than what an individual QS order would be. They also have no problem doing a “half and half” pizza, which I appreciate as I am vegetarian.

The pizza is fantastic.

Cosmic Commando likes this.
  14. UpAllNight

UpAllNight Well-Known Member

The other half eats nothing but Pizza so we're really excited to be eating here too.

We're kind of novices when it comes to Epcot though...we did it wrong last time, going around World showcase around lunch/early afternoon before it was really open, then leaving the park around 3. So I've done my research and we've planned it better, with a reservation here for around 6pm...then a gentle stroll around world showcase before Illuminations.

15. Phonedave

It is very pricey - in the context of the real world

In the context of food prices in WDW, it is a bargin.

It is all a matter of perspective.

-dave