Vanessa Carlton Banned from EPCOT 10/22?

_Scar

On what, though? I'm sure there were more radio stations NOT playing her song than the select few that DID play it in their hourly rotation of the same 50 songs.

Here, listen to this song and try to tell me you have never heard of it:

[youtube]pnkvhi1XOR8[/youtube]

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just an aside, from DLP in 2002.

Picture the end of the day, walking back through Disney Village to Newport Bay. The neon is on, the stargrid is lit. A live band are on the stage. The crowd are rocking. I hear the bass beat of Rage Against The Machines Killing in the Name. I think `surely not`. but yep - they finish the cover word for word to the original.

No details, if you know the song you know what I mean. Mildly amused, mildly shocked.

MickeyCrazed

I caught the end of her second concert on 10/21, and was not impressed. Over half the theatre was empty. She was playing piano, and only had one other person with her playing guitar. I'm not all that familiar with her music except the 1000 miles song that I've heard over and over on the radio. She sounded OK, but messed up the end of her song, starting and stopping it 3 times.

I was going to attend the 3rd concert, but figured if she didn't know the ending to her own song it wasn't really worth my time. Sorry for you fans out there that didn't get to see her though.

Nemo14

I would venture that I am far from sheltered. Cursing is far down my list of things I find shocking.

However, I do find it boorish, unintelligent, and generally indicative of a mind that is not being used to its full potential.

People clean their ears with the end of the fork at dinner, belch out loud, and then scratch themselves as well.

If that's how you like your meals, then more power to you, I choose to exhibit a bit more self-control.

-dave

Amen!

That sucks =\ the only person I know on the line up lol

But it was only an accident, shocked at the amount of people who are upset though. I know its a family friendly park (serving and selling alcohol) and all but it does happen to the best of us. I'm not a huge curser or anything but don't sue me if it accidentally slips out. :lookaroun
Besides I've heard far worse while walking around Disney, I assure you. :lol:

I have too, but that doesn't excuse a paid performer from not controlling herself.

I've never heard of this girl before. No clue who she is. :confused:

But, she obviously isn't very profesional. If she can't focus enough to realize she is on stage at a theme park, and her vocabulary is so limited that she uses swear words as her primary adjectives and pronouns in public, then she must not be a very good performer. She just swore herself out of a good paying gig, that's for sure.

Never heard of her either.

If you think cursing makes you have less class you probably are very sheltered. Seriously, I'm 17. I've come to that realization already.
:)

There is a world outside of Disney World you know, it's called reality.

Yes, I work in that world, and have since before you were born. And if I used that word in my professional life, I'd be fired - plain and simple.

Duckberg

Disney SEINFELD Moment

WHO IS Ms. V. Carlton :confused::confused::confused::confused: A four page thread about NOTHING :snore::snore::snore::snore: Duckberg :hurl:

WDW1974

I had never heard of her before seeing this thread. But it turns out a relative of mine knows her very casually. He was a bit surprised and amused to hear what went down. Says she is nice and generally doesn't have a potty mouth.

I can't recall a trip to WDW in recent years where I didn't frequently hear f-bombs and other obscenity ... but it shouldn't come from a performer. Once. You let it go because we're all human. But twice in the same night? After being told?

Maybe she was having some other 'issues' but if that were the case, she should have canceled the performances.

If it were once, you excuse it and move on ...

I may be getting her 'side' of what went down and if so (and if she doesn't care) I'll put it here. Otherwise ... that's it.

Mikester71

Just an aside, from DLP in 2002.

Picture the end of the day, walking back through Disney Village to Newport Bay. The neon is on, the stargrid is lit. A live band are on the stage. The crowd are rocking. I hear the bass beat of Rage Against The Machines Killing in the Name. I think `surely not`. but yep - they finish the cover word for word to the original.

No details, if you know the song you know what I mean. Mildly amused, mildly shocked.

Great song!!! Could you imagine if it got the crowd all worked up like it use to back when it first came out though. One big mosh pit in Disney....OH MY!!!!!:sohappy:

mightynine

Since we're doing unusual Disney music memories, my favorite will always be when I was in Epcot for New Year's Eve 2004, and they were booming Lil' Jon, East Side Boyz and Ying Yang Twins' "Get Low".

It was the edit, but if you know the song....let's just say that's one I never expected to hear during a stroll in Future World.

UrbanDonovan

I saw Hootie & the Blowfish perform at Cypress Gardens a few years back. Darius Rucker was chugging a bottle of Southern Comfort the whole time and the only time he spoke (besides singing) was to curse out a girl in the front row who was not as excited as he thought she should be. And then, of course, there was the band's f-bomb laced rendition of "Gin and Juice". But since he's sold-out and gone "wholesome" as a country act, maybe he could still play Disney someday.

As for Vanessa Carlton, anyone who's ever listened to her music shouldn't be too surprised. She used to date (not sure if they still are dating) Stephan Jenkins, the lead singer of Third Eye Blind. I love 3EB, but they are a pretty subversive band. Check out their recently unbanned single "Slow Motion" to see how maybe they've rubbed off on Vanessa.

wilsonc

My wife and I were at the first performance of the night on Wednesday when we heard her dropped the F bomb. A father with his 3 daughters promptly walked out. Two songs later she dropped the S bomb. I'm surprised she made it to the 3rd show of the night...

_Scar

Well if anything this has put her name out there again after being irrelevant how long?

Not for that long. Apparently Wiki says she's working on a big tour, but I haven't heard a song from her in a few years.

BTW, I don't think cursing at an Epcot show gives major publicity, wether it be good or bad.

I would of LOVED to see the expressions on people's faces if they heard "Get Low" in Epcot. Considering all their condescending comments about an f-bomb, imagine them hearing THAT song. There heads would explode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom