Update on monorail Teal and Lime

pikkurtooker

I got an update on Monorail Lime and the testing dates of Monorail Teal.

Monorail Teal- is expected to be back on the line for testing in June and will be in service in the next few months eg July/August time frame. They also said they were behind on the automation process.

Monorail Lime- As you know Monorail Lime was damaged by a tow tractor a few weeks ago. Now I have news about it. They have to rebuild the entire front section of the train due to the front section being damaged Beyond! repair. As of 5/24/2014 Monorail Lime is not expected to be seen until christmas Still the perfect time frame though thats for sure lets hope it stays like that.

Special thanks to a monorail driver for giving me an update on it.

It seems lie every time we've gone to Magic Kingdom in the last year, the monorail has been "down for maintenance", and we have to take either the bus or ferry. What's going on?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
It seems lie every time we've gone to Magic Kingdom in the last year, the monorail has been "down for maintenance", and we have to take either the bus or ferry. What's going on?
monorails down? Just standard procedure LOL. The monorails are 99% reliable might be the biggest lie ever told, next to "surveys indicated the guests no longer wanted clubs" since there were no actual surveys.

the monorail colors matter when it comes to location and tendencies. Each train has a personality just as the boats do. Bonnie/Navigator cavitate like mad, Potter takes 3 second delay on turning and is very true to course, Irvine is called Swrivin Irvin for its inability to go straight, etc. The trains also have personalities to them which drivers become aware of over time.

As a guest, some people just like to pay attention to the colors, who is on what beam, or whatever. I guess it's just an interest. Aside from knowing the history behind teal and coral, I don't know that a guest would have any other specific knowledge of the trains.

deix15x8

I've always like monorail gold ever since I was a little kid at Disney World. Does it feel any different to ride or behave differently than the other trains, no. If another monorail color pulls into the station will I not get on, no. But if I'm in the station and gold does pull in their is something extra special about it.

dstrawn9889

other than trying monorail bingo for my kids(to make them more observant) or trying to see which is in shop, there is no reason for regular (non-monrail polits to worry about which color that you get on.

asianway

I've always like monorail gold ever since I was a little kid at Disney World. Does it feel any different to ride or behave differently than the other trains, no. If another monorail color pulls into the station will I not get on, no. But if I'm in the station and gold does pull in their is something extra special about it.
I've herd gold drives better from cab 6, so is frequently on resort.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK, but can anybody tell me what significance it has other then the CM knowing what train they are supposed to be in or dispatch knowing which train is where? I still don't understand why I should care.

I think there's quite a few monorail fans out there, myself included. My hunch is that most people don't delve that deeply into every single aspect of the operation, but have a healthy interest in how the monorail is run, maintained, etc. I also think the colors are fun to see, and I enjoy reading about the history of when each color was introduced.

To conclude, what is most important to us all, is that the monorails are operational when the parks are open for guests. However, since my trips to WDW are very limited, it's still fun for me to catch up on the various updates and news about them in the forums here, when I can't be there. :)

Goofyernmost

I think there's quite a few monorail fans out there, myself included. My hunch is that most people don't delve that deeply into every single aspect of the operation, but have a healthy interest in how the monorail is run, maintained, etc. I also think the colors are fun to see, and I enjoy reading about the history of when each color was introduced.

To conclude, what is most important to us all, is that the monorails are operational when the parks are open for guests. However, since my trips to WDW are very limited, it's still fun for me to catch up on the various updates and news about them in the forums here, when I can't be there. :)
OK, I guess I can understand that and by definition it is a personal enjoyment. I'm afraid that I am not able to share that particular hobby even though I have really loved the Monorails since I first stepped foot on my first one. I enjoy riding them, but have never seen or felt any difference other then my wanting them to arrive and whisk me away.

I just remember though, that since my background is in bus transportation, I can remember seeing a list of the bus numbers someplace saying when they were put in service and I would always look for particular bus numbers to see if they were still on the road or not. Some had over a million miles on them.:confused:

katins7

A few years back my kids were given collector card monorail color checklists by a CM on a monorail platform. Trying to complete their checklists was one of the highlights of their trip. I think they will be obsessed with monorail colors for the rest of their lives.

Goofyernmost

I was going to ask this since I remember a few people downplaying its damage. :hilarious:
I down played it because none of us knew the extent, but, that wasn't the reason that I down played it really. The reason was because it was a waste of time. It didn't matter how much or how little damage was done to a piece of machinery. The important things were that no one was hurt, that it was after hours and that accidents happen. In the scope of things that are possible it was a non-event. It had almost no impact on the guests and was certainly not something that should have become public or that demanded a public outcry for transparency.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom