Upcoming Developments

Maybe I missed that part, what was said about StarTours?

It was in another thread started by ReDisniey E-Dew, entitled " More Insider Updates "

In the forementioned post, ReDisniey E-Dew stated:
"- The new motion simulator vehicles for Star Tours are now finished minus paintwork and some theming elements. These babies are definitely some of the most technologically advanced vehicles we've ever designed at WDI. First of all, they will offer the smoothest, most realistic movements of any motion simulator in any theme park in the world. Second - and the nugget of info I dangle in front of you - they do so while simultaneously moving on a track at such a level of finesse that even the most sensitive or observant passenger is unable to detect the movement. My absolute favorite thing has got to be the new movement the vehicle uses for simulating light speed entry... more on that at a later date."

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oh, OK thanks. :wave:

I don't know about being physically impossible.

You should never say ANYTHING is impossible. 75 years ago going to the moon was considered impossible.

I've always disliked the Alien scene on the Great Movie Ride, both because it's kinda blah and because it's too scary for my young niece. I hope it's replaced by Harry Potter or Spider Man. If it's replaced with Narnia, I'd just die. ;_;

Well, if it's replaced. :)

comics101

I've always disliked the Alien scene on the Great Movie Ride, both because it's kinda blah and because it's too scary for my young niece. I hope it's replaced by Harry Potter or Spider Man. If it's replaced with Narnia, I'd just die. ;_;

Well, if it's replaced. :)

It's not going to be replaced with Harry Potter or with Spiderman because both of the theme park rights have been taken by Universal. Sorry.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
yes it is as a matter of fact.

The narnia project is still in blue sky but it has momentum behind it especially if Prince Caspian does well.

Ahh... it's a blue sky project that your friend told you about. Do you know how many blue sky projects there are for any one given spot? Do you know that the dynamic at WDI has now changed under Lasseter and we no longer develop rides unless they are absolutely planned to be built?

The blue sky project for Narnia in Fantasyland (which I have NEVER heard of except here) is dead in the water.

Lee

Adventurer
The blue sky project for Narnia in Fantasyland (which I have NEVER heard of except here) is dead in the water.

Finally!
Something I can confirm. Unless the sequal does serious business, and major life support is applied to the Narnia concept....forget about it. I actually heard it died about 4-5 months ago.

Fine by me. I never watched Narnia...might oughta do that....

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I know as well as anybody else that everything's subject to change. However, I can tell you that the higher ups have some ideas as to what is going in the space there, and it is not Narnia. Maybe this was a blue sky that got leaked to the public and CMs but never saw the light of day at the exec level... either way, I'm clueless as to the details of it.

Lee

Adventurer
Meaning you will not deny some of the other topics??
;)
I says what I says...nothing more.
I had heard Narnia tossed around for that spot, but only in a vague, blue-sky way. Never made it far enough to be in the serious running.

However, I can tell you that the higher ups have some ideas as to what is going in the space there, and it is not Narnia.
That's a tough spot of land to get a handle on. Last concept I knew of that had any steam was the Villian Villiage idea....and that was...wow, like 3 years ago that I heard about that.

tirian

Finally!
Something I can confirm. Unless the sequal does serious business, and major life support is applied to the Narnia concept....forget about it. I actually heard it died about 4-5 months ago.

Fine by me. I never watched Narnia...might oughta do that....

It was much better than any of the previous Harry Potter films. The sequel will "do business," but I still doubt that Narnia will come to the parks. C.S. Lewis' estate would probably not agree to it. (But you never know...)

As for 20K, an attraction was almost greenlit...then it wasn't.

Ragetti

If Disney was in the process of signing a contract with two entities for rights to use a property as popular as Lord of the Rings, you can bet that it would be multi-faceted. That is, you can bet that there would be more than one product in the parks from that property.

Of course, that's a big if...

Hmmm I could be wrong, but I believe the Tolkien Estate has prevented such things in the past (there was a move to build an LOTR theme park in New Zealand which was quashed). I don't believe the movie rights extend to theme park attractions. It would be AWESOMELY COOL though to have some LOTR goodness. Narnia is nice and all, and I loves me Harry Potter, but Frodo is da MAN.... err HOBBIT!

WDWFanatic

Neither narnia or lotr were movies i would watch more than once, I hated them both. I'd rather have original ideas in the parks rather than either of those movies in anything. They should bring back some of the great disney movies like the black hole or petes dragon to new audiences even a real fantasia segment for the movie ride. I liked the old footlight parade portion of the ride. Imagineers went thru alot of trouble to recreate the backrounds, turntables, and fountains. But due to poor lazy maintenance they just let it rot and mold.

Tigger2000

wow, I haven't been here in a while! lol.

Had a good trip last year, totally off topic.. but yeah, about this whole rumour thing.

I half believe him, they're VERY reasonable rumours, unlike there's a Harry Potter Park being built in two months and will open in October or something (total overexaggeration there haha)...
But since Lee's sort of not denying anything here, I'm taking this with a lump of sugar instead of salt and am looking forward to seeing if they're true.
I just hope it's not another Ecotone incident (Evanescence reference, wrong board lol)...

Still, I'm looking forward to going back in 2009 :) and seeing these changes (or the ones that are supposed to be done by then)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom