Universal's Lack of Concept Art

bsiev1977

Right. I agree.
Just look at the comments on this thread about the RRR. How something was "supposed" to be a certain way. The way I figure it, the person who draws up the concept art is completely unrelated to the creation of the ride. Someone in the advertising or art department gets a memo with the barest of outlines of the ride, and they come up with what they come up with.

JustInTime

Maybe the user has you blocked (not to call anyone out) and therefore, you cannot see their posts? I'm not really sure how the whole "blocking" thing works on here, so I'm just guessing. Haha.
I thought that too but can see other posts by the user elsewhere. Weird.

cheezbat

Had they built HRRR the way it looked in the concept art, I would have loved it! I think the ride going around and through the Hollywood sign would have been awesome! And that digital or led screen they would've used on the lift hill...would've been quite an attention grabber!

openendedsky

I agree completely. Concept art is just that, based off of the barest concept of the attraction. Something that somebody draws up as soon as the idea is given thought. How often does concept art do nothing besides give people something to complain about when it doesn't look the same as the finished product. Better to just let people imagine what an attraction will be.

Just gives fuel to all of the malcontents.

Sketch105

Concept art is a pitch tool. It's a rough idea they put out to get people talking and excited about a project. It does not have to be exact, nor accurate...as long as it gets people exciting and makes people FEEL something.

I like when Disney releases an image of a new park they are building, because its always a similar image- an indistinguishable bulge of contrasting colors simulating a a park, and fireworks!!

6646.Shanghai_2D00_1.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

3146.HRA_2D00_22.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

347686280-10225125.jpg

But yet it works...people talk and become curious and wonder what the new park will hold. It tells everything, and yet NOTHING at the same time :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom