Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

celluloid

Unless you stay in a "Deluxe" which is complimentary. (Right...nothing like Disney)

Wand effects is no different than Disney selling packs of cards to enjoy an additional experience in the Magic Kingdom.
You mean the Immersive transportation that brings you to another full theme park to continue your experience/adventure?
Charging for a band in Nintendo for effects is different than charging for a band for Galaxy's Edge effects...how?

Anybody can spin it for or against either. Let's just all agree that both do everything to squeeze every cent they can out of you while you are there.
Chiming back in.
The only reason I brought up the Nintendo band situation is it has the same issue Galaxy's Edge has. Anything that a child under 40 inches could actually enjoy while we were there in Japan out of Mario Land was an upcharge. At least they had Yoshi but that ride was...not a home run and a longer wait than Mario. More interactivity and the DK area hopefully balances that out. California did a great thing by managing the ride height 38 inches but I still think that is too high for what the ride does and I wish R&D would have gotten it to a Kong Skull Island or ET height requirement of 34-36. But still better than 40.

Yes, they are all in the same profit goal. Galaxy's Edge I would argue in a way is even worse.

Universal's Express is monumentally better value than Disney's. Genie Plus even at its cheaper price points schedules you and limits you.

Express has way more value as it is as you wish and has unlimited options.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

In this aerial photo of the Donkey Kong roller coaster in Epic Universe:1 Recent excavation2 Rainwater accumulation in a water feature. Mine cars will splash through this area.3 Recently cast circular concrete pad
1693597479900.png

Aerial look at the entrance of Epic Universe. Although from this viewpoint it's the exit.Frame for security and admission at top.Columns so far for the gateway at center.In foreground is excavation for a water feature.
1693597507287.png

Aerial look across a construction of a water feature just past the entrance of Epic Universe.Also seen at arrow is casting of a concrete wall for the gateway into the park.
1693597532463.png

Arrow in this aerial photo at a covered mine car in the Donkey Kong roller coaster construction in Epic Universe.
1693597556507.png

Aerial overview of the entrance plaza of Epic Universe. A water feature at top center.Columns of the gateway at center.Frames for security and admissions in foreground.
1693597584401.png

Aerial photo of concrete pour of a wall in the gateway entrance to Epic Universe.
1693597638811.png

Framing at center of this aerial is security and admission into Epic Universe. At right is admission sales.
Aerial overview of the entrance of Epic Universe. Construction transportation bus at top center is in the actual bus loop for the park.
1693597727538.png
Aerial overview of the entrance to Epic Universe.Ticking at far right, and connected framing is for security and park admissions.At center are columns for the gateway.Excavation for a water feature
1693597770108.png
Aerial overview of the Donkey Kong roller coaster in Epic Universe.
1693597846666.png

Aerial look at an outdoor portion of the Donkey Kong roller coaster in Epic Universe. At center is a water feature that mine cars will splash through.Arrow at left at a covered mine car on the track.
1693597898361.png

trr1

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
In this aerial photo of the Donkey Kong roller coaster1,2 Likely frame pieces for set construction along the tracks.3 Recently cast circular concrete pad
1693597985233.png

In this aerial photo of the Donkey Kong roller coaster in Epic Universe:1 Recent excavation2 Rainwater accumulation in a water feature. Mine cars will splash through this area.3 Recently cast circular concrete pad
1693598032523.png

Aerial photo of what is believed to be an actual mine car, covered, on the Donkey Kong roller coaster track.Car has clearance testing underneath, at the actual sideways track. The broken traditional 2-rail track, with railroad ties, is theming.(As seen from 1200 ft.)
1693598070071.png

Aerial overview of the entrance of Epic Universe. Construction transportation bus at top center is in the actual bus loop for the park.
1693598122248.png

Aerial look across a construction of a water feature just past the entrance of Epic Universe.Also seen at arrow is casting of a concrete wall for the gateway into the park.
1693598205788.png

SpectreJordan

And free if you stay at the premium hotels... unlike Disney.

Book a $300 room and they give you $700 in express, priority seating at restaurants and a boat to take you to the parks plus they are really nice hotels. Oh, early entry too.... This point is lame but keeps getting raised over and over again.

You and your entire party can skip the lines for no additional fees if you stay at a premium hotel, which is at the same cost as a "moderate" hotel in Disney 💀 even if you book for a single night, express will be available for both days you check in and out.
Good for out of town people who specifically choose those hotels but not good for locals, people who need to stay at cheaper hotels & people who are staying at Disney.

I do agree that Disney should offer to Genie+ to their hotel guests though.

JoeCamel

Good for out of town people who specifically choose those hotels but not good for locals, people who need to stay at cheaper hotels & people who are staying at Disney.

Even as a local if you have a party of three book a room and save bux plus get the other perks. You just have to check in.....

Rush

It's actually better value for a family. Better hotels + better express system + more days of skipping lines.

As for locals, there's tiers of AP that include express.

Last edited:

celluloid

Book a $300 room and they give you $700 in express, priority seating at restaurants and a boat to take you to the parks plus they are really nice hotels. Oh, early entry too.... This point is lame but keeps getting raised over and over again.

They are also insanely onsite and efficient. Five-minute walk in most cases to one of the major theme parks and boats are frequent. Also exclusive events such as the HHN pop ups. Huge pools as a bonus.

monykalyn

This out of town guest prefers the high tier AP that gives express after 4, and free one night of HHN. Hope pricing isnt too insane with Epic

SpectreJordan

Even as a local if you have a party of three book a room and save bux plus get the other perks. You just have to check in.....
Yeah, that's still a lot of money just for fast passes...

I'm not a fan of Genie+ either, but the Universal system is just as bad in a different way lmao

celluloid

For locals Universal has tiers on discounts and times where Express is very cheap considering you don't have to scheduele it.

Also, as a local, like Genie Plus even, it is not as often desirable. The Express pass after 4 of Premier tier is for you then as it is a great deal to pop in if you want to skip lines and ride everything once before closing that badly. Every. Day. Of Your. Annual Pass.

Universal also has this thing called Efficiency, where most of their theme park attractions have a great theoretical hourly capacity and less downtime than many other theme parks.

Last edited:

celluloid

Amen! Do a few rides, absorb the park feel, have something to eat/drink and head out. The park will still be there the next time so no need to do everything every time.

Plus you bring up a good point about earlier. Even if you had no plans to actually stay the night at the hotel.

If you can nab a Hotel for 400 a night, and split between just two people, that would get you both Unlimited Express for two days as you get it upon check in and entire day of checkout. It would also give you a place to come back and chill and ameneties you could use for the day if you so chose. That is not bad for only 200 bucks a person and unlimited express to both of their theme parks for two days.

You could also split the room with up to four people and still all get unlimited express, which is on your schedule in two theme parks, dining priority and early park admission for those days for about 100 bucks a person. The fact that this would even be comparable to Genie Plus and what that would cost a party of four for two days and all its limitations is laughable.

SpectreJordan

Plus you bring up a good point about earlier. Even if you had no plans to actually stay the night at the hotel.

If you can nab a Hotel for 400 a night, and split between just two people, that would get you both Unlimited Express for two days as you get it upon check in and entire day of checkout. It would also give you a place to come back and chill and ameneties you could use for the day if you so chose. That is not bad for only 200 bucks a person and unlimited express to both of their theme parks for two days.

You could also split the room with up to four people and still all get unlimited express, which is on your schedule in two theme parks, dining priority and early park admission for those days for about 100 bucks a person. The fact that this would even be comparable to Genie Plus and what that would cost a party of four for two days and all its limitations is laughable.
You're still paying $100+ for fast passes. I don't see how that's not an insane price.

I get Universal is doing a lot of things better than Disney. But you guys don't have to defend everything they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom