Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

tissandtully

I went to IOA in January after it opened and we still had to wait in a line from Marvel, through Toon Lagoon and into Jurassic Park to just get a return ticket to WWoHP in a few hours. I couldn't even ride Hulk or any rides (besides JPRA) due to it being so darn crowded everywhere in the park. I still had fun though.

We were there on opening day, the line (they hadn't implemented the return time thing yet) stretched from Hogsmeade through Jurassic Park all the way back around into Seuss Landing. It was insane. I had nothing else to do though, so, whatever.

cheezbat

I went to IOA in January after it opened and we still had to wait in a line from Marvel, through Toon Lagoon and into Jurassic Park to just get a return ticket to WWoHP in a few hours. I couldn't even ride Hulk or any rides (besides JPRA) due to it being so darn crowded everywhere in the park. I still had fun though.
Must've been when everyone was still on vacation before school got back in. It's always horribly busy until about mid January now.

I went a number of times the first year and got there early enough to get in or I'd wait until late in the day.
I'm sure with Diagon there will be similar traffic flow patterns, but at least there's more to do now to help spread people out.

BryceM

We were there on opening day, the line (they hadn't implemented the return time thing yet) stretched from Hogsmeade through Jurassic Park all the way back around into Seuss Landing. It was insane. I had nothing else to do though, so, whatever.
Yeah, my mother and I's motto was "We've been to Islands of Adventure tons of times before, so if we just get to do this, we'll be happy!".

And we were happy. We also had a nice relaxing lunch at Mythos for our first time!

hokie075

We are thinking of going the last week of July. I wonder if it would be a bad idea. I'm not really going for Harry Potter just to enjoy Uni and IOA. I wonder if crowds will be too bad for a full day for each park?

hokie075

I may look at going in early June before it offically opens. I was at Disney Memorial Day week last year and it was nuts. The sucky part is I only have a June, July, or August window. In 2001 we went to Uni and IOA the last week of July and the crowds were thin. But I know the Potter thing is just going to make it stupid. I might need to rethink a Uni vacation this year.

RTeker

the one problem I had last year was that there where all these groups from Brazil, i mean no offense but when you have all these teenagers, i guess they they were, with a couple of adults as chaperones not a good week for my vacation. only hope none of that happens in late august

disney fan 13

I'm going for Rock the Universe (Take a trip always in Feb and RTU, This year I'm trying Disney again after a 3 year break.) So me and my buds are grabbing express passes for everything else but just going to try and brave the crowds in Diagon.

maxairmike

Webcast reveal starts in about 45 minutes, though if you've been paying attention, foundation plans for most everything were leaked last night, and it was pretty revealing (complete Gringotts layout).

IWant2GoNow

Webcast reveal starts in about 45 minutes, though if you've been paying attention, foundation plans for most everything were leaked last night, and it was pretty revealing (complete Gringotts layout).

Do you have a link by chance to where the webcast will be? I've searched (maybe not as thoroughly as I could to be honest) but I can't find it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom