Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

JustInTime

Is it possible that the final coat of paint for the Gringotts corridor hasn't been applied yet?

I'm sure I can remember people somewhere (not necessarily here) complaining about the paintwork on Springfield's Fast Food Boulevard, but then the final coat was applied...
Why? It looks perfect.

StageFrenzy

Miceage says Team Member testing for the Hogwart's Express has started and that the ride will open first (implying some sort of phased opening).

I do not doubt that HE will open first, they will not have a grand opening ceremony for a portion of their park. While the ride system will be complete, HTF has indicated that the stations are running slightly behind.

HTF

I do not doubt that HE will open first, they will not have a grand opening ceremony for a portion of their park. While the ride system will be complete, HTF has indicated that the stations are running slightly behind.

Indeed they are behind, and the Team Members on site have received no training in regards to ride testing. Mice Age is incorrect.

RTeker

well I really hope they have all of it up and running by either late August or early September. 2 best times to go for me cause my B-day is in late August and you got all those kids returning or getting ready to return to school :D

HTF

I posted these over at Orlando United and thought I'd share here as well. Hope you enjoy!

Welcome to Gringotts, well the Queue that is.
This is a scene by scene breakdown of the queue and may contain spoilers so be warned and read at your own risk!!

When you walk up to Gringotts you will enter the attraction from the side of the building, just to the right of the famed building front seen above. In this area you will find the main attraction entrance, the test seat just to the right of that, and the Lockers to the right of that. This breakdown your going to read will only focus on the main queue and not the extended queue or the ultra extended queue.

When you enter the vestibule or scene 1 there are 4 ways you can go. Take a hard right and pass through a separate door off this room and thats the single rider line. Go up the middle and its actually two paths with one being Express and the other being norma stand bye. (Please note Express will NOT open with this attraction.) Its also worth noting that unlike the Forbidden Journey, the stand bye and Express queue paths follow each other vs having separate routes away from each other. The only one that has a separate path was in fact the singles queue. Finally the last path from within the Entry Vestibule is the connector to the extended and ultra extended queue which is on the far left.

Now that I've explained how the entry to the attraction works here is a quick breakdown of all the major scenes within this AMAZING attractions queue. You thought the FJ had an amazing queue huh, just wait until you see this thing. Between 50ft tall physical sets, live effects, AA's, Projected effects, LIVE ACTORS (YES its true, and they are their to take your money in this special photo op), Musion effects, and the list goes on and on.

Scene 1: Entry Vestibule, this circular room will divide stand bye Express singles and be the break off point for the extended queue

Scene 2: Marble Hall, a full recreation of the Gringotts Bank Hall. With AA's, 3 Chandeliers, 40-50ft ceilings and lots of marble

Scene 3: Vault Showroom, this room displays 4 massive vaults to its visitors on the right side as they pass through.

Scene 4: Security Office, this scene will feature projected effects as well as live actors to "capture" a unique opportunity.

Scene 5: The Goblins Hall: This long hall will feature faux rooms, goblins, and a number of trinkets...

Scene 6: Bill Weasleys Office, this large room with multiple switchbacks contains a large musion effect and a few falling surprises

Scene 7A: Lift Vestibules, this is a sorting area for the two lifts that will take you down to the depths of Gringotts.

Scene 7B: The Lifts, your divided between 2 highly themed yet motionless lifts that transport u from "offices" to rock engulfed vaults

Scene 8: Cart Station, after exiting the lifts you walk down a highly themed underground hallway and finish at the 3Dglasses station

Final: After the cart station and you grab your glasses you walk up a circular staircase to the center of the load platform.

I hope you enjoyed this breakdown of the Gringotts queue!

HTF

And for those who may of missed this as well...

Lets start shall we, and let me just say none of this is confirmed or endorsed by Universal and is therefore considered rumored locations. These are strictly my opinion and I take full credit but mostly blame for whatever is correct and or wrong. I can only talk about what I have been shown or "overheard" so as always take it for what its worth :thumbs:

1. Gringotts Show building (More to come at a later date)
1.1 Entrance
1.2 Lockers
1.3 Ride Vehicle Test Seat
1.4 Extended queue "large area not accurately depicted"
1.5 ULTRA Extended Queue (Covered Outdoors)

2. North Station (Further Detail to come)

3. Borgin and Bourkes

4. Ollivanders
4.1 Show Entrance into highly themed interior queue
4.2 Show Room 1
4.3 Show Room 2
4.4 Show Room 3

5. Flourish and Botts

6. Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

7. Leaky Cauldron (same set up as Three Broomsticks)
7.1 LC Entrance and Interior Queue
7.2 LC Order
7.3 LC Food Pickup
7.4 LC Kitchen
7.5 LC Seating Hall

8. Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment (Gringotts Exit Shop)

9. Gringotts Teller (Money Exchange but souvenir money only)

More to come…

BigTxEars

Went to Universal the first year of HP, uh no thanks! Crowds were simply unbearable and this was Sept :) Looks awesome but I will give it a couple of years to die down before I try it out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Went to Universal the first year of HP, uh no thanks! Crowds were simply unbearable and this was Sept :) Looks awesome but I will give it a couple of years to die down before I try it out.
So did we! It was busy but we rode FJ on two separate visits.

BryceM

I went to IOA in January after it opened and we still had to wait in a line from Marvel, through Toon Lagoon and into Jurassic Park to just get a return ticket to WWoHP in a few hours. I couldn't even ride Hulk or any rides (besides JPRA) due to it being so darn crowded everywhere in the park. I still had fun though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom