U.S. Navy Blue Angels to flyover the Magic Kingdom next week

GlassHalfFull

Thanks for the headsup! my dad who went to Riddle, and has always had a special place in his heart for the Angels was ecstatic when I just told him this news. Since he is living right behind the kingdom he is ready for April 6!

ppete1975

Honestly that would scare the poop out of me. Walking towards Jungle cruise with my mickey balloon and dole whip in my hand and 4 military jet aircraft buzz close over head (in a no fly zone), unexpected anywhere but in a place that you are in a bubble of non reality where you havent seen a plane or car this might unnerve a few people who aren't aware its going to happen.
On a side note they are amazing to see..

yensid67

If I am wrong on this please correct...
To ppete1975...

I can remember when I saw the Angels fly over in 2013, I am pretty certain that Disney made an announcement in the park. I assume Disney will make an announcement so the fly over doesn't scare guests. since Disney is a no flu zone! Anyone know for sure? Please chime in!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Crap, we won't be there until the next day. :(

Love the Blue Angels. Saw them many times growing up since my dad was in the Navy and he's an aeronautical engineer. We attended every air show (not just Blue Angels) in Southern CA until we moved to Florida. Love flyovers! Must be in me genes from me dad, lol!

But I hope Disney makes an announcement, several times, that morning. There will be folks who think we're under attack and panic. And light up social media ("Disney's under attack! What do I do?" "Run for the utilidoors, fool" :facepalm: ;))

Bolt

Honestly that would scare the poop out of me. Walking towards Jungle cruise with my mickey balloon and dole whip in my hand and 4 military jet aircraft buzz close over head (in a no fly zone), unexpected anywhere but in a place that you are in a bubble of non reality where you havent seen a plane or car this might unnerve a few people who aren't aware its going to happen.
On a side note they are amazing to see..
They make an announcement in the park about them.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Generally speaking, if we were under attack, the Blues would not be flying in those jets. It's takes about 48-72 hours to convert them to make them combat ready. Also, jets that were flying patrol would not be in the delta formation that close.

True, but not everyone would know that, like foreign guests. I think some people believe air combat looks like what they see in movies....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Generally speaking, if we were under attack, the Blues would not be flying in those jets. It's takes about 48-72 hours to convert them to make them combat ready. Also, jets that were flying patrol would not be in the delta formation that close.

The jets used by the squadron are ones that have exceeded their life cycles for active combat :). They literally get the hand me down jets. They couldn't be put back into fleet service.

I know the push to get the super hornet qualified was underway simply because the supply of worthy c/d airframes And parts are drying up. They already started the program to modify and qualify the super hornet for them.... even tho the super hornet is so much larger.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah Top Gun, Iron Eagle I, II, and III.

That was some amazing film in Top Gun when they took off from the carrier....

I saw the first Airport movie with my parents. My dad burst out laughing when the bomb blew up in the lavatory - the looks he got. He then made the comment that those Hollywood guys are idiots if they think that 707 will be able to fly with a hole that size near the tail...and all the avionics and the tail section starting to separate from the fuselage.

Flying with him was interesting... I knew if he got worried, we were in deep . I remember him causally remarking at a New Years party that he was on a plane that was forced to land due to a bomb scare. And then went into great detail about how they searched the plane, why he thought they didn't look in every knook and cranie and then laughed when he told us they had to blow up some guy's luggage because he took the wrong time to go use the restroom in the terminal. It was the first time my mom had heard the story...she wasn't too happy.

Cmdr_Crimson

I wonder if their C-130 Plane Dubbed "Fat Albert" Will be around?
US_Navy_040627-N-7559C-001_The_U.S._Marine_Corps_C-130_Hercules%2C_Fat_Albert%2C_assigned_to_the_U.S._Navy_Blue_Angels_flight_demonstration_team%2C_uses_Jet_Assisted_Take_Off_(JATO)_bottles.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom