News Typhoon Lagoon Reopens March 17, 2024

sWANNISAX

How ridiculous. Blizzard Beach is never open during the months when people might want to go and not have to freeze to go there. I understand staffing shortages may be a cause but the decision of which park to have open during the summer is clearly being controlled by the ability to have upcharge after hours events at one and not the other. So disappointing that I will likely never get to go to blizzard this calendar year simply because of their choices of when to have it open.

Disneydad1012

How ridiculous. Blizzard Beach is never open during the months when people might want to go and not have to freeze to go there. I understand staffing shortages may be a cause but the decision of which park to have open during the summer is clearly being controlled by the ability to have upcharge after hours events at one and not the other. So disappointing that I will likely never get to go to blizzard this calendar year simply because of their choices of when to have it open.
Same for us...We go in the summer and haven't been to BB is years. It stinks they can't figure out how to open both even if just for the summer months.

kgoose23

We are actually planning a couple water park days this August for the first time and were hoping both would be open as we have only been to Typhoon during the DVC events. Bummer.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Me when I saw the news TL was opening with no obvious BB closing yet
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Me when I saw that BB was closing the day TL opens
200w.gif

trmiv

Yep ridiculous. We’re local passholders and used to love alternating water parks in the summer. We finally went to Blizzard Beach on an 80 degree day in a late November because it had been over 4 years since we’d last been and just wanted to go. But because of the nighttime temps the water was so damn cold it was not enjoyable at all, so we left after an hour. I really miss being able to enjoy Blizzard Beach during the warm months.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disappointing if Blizzard Beach is indeed closed during the summer months. They are truly limiting potential attendance for reasons unknown.

But then again, they can't build anything in less than 4 years, why would running two water parks at the same time in the summer be something they could figure out?

sWANNISAX

You mean the one they have ZERO excuse to close?

They sell tickets for that…and people can’t use it
100%. If one of the two water parks is always closed the water parks and more add on annual passes should be reduced in price and renamed to water park and more you can only visit one at any given time. Closing a park that's barely been open for "refurbishment" is such a lame excuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom