Tta Refurbishment News

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
I rode them maybe 5 or 6 times.

The lines for rocket rods were insane, you must have spent two full days at disneyland doing nothing but standing in line to get that many rides on.

heh, 5 hours in line just to ride in a metal turd/sled thing. You should demand Disney compensate you for your lost time! :lol: :wave:

CThaddeus

The lines for rocket rods were insane, you must have spent two full days at disneyland doing nothing but standing in line to get that many rides on.

heh, 5 hours in line just to ride in a metal turd/sled thing. You should demand Disney compensate you for your lost time! :lol: :wave:

No kidding. The queue was the ONLY part of the ride I liked (and I went on it about 5 times as well because friends/family kept coming into town and hadn't done it yet), though I was incredibly cheesed that they chose to kill Circlevision for it. At least they used the Circlevision screens to show short films about the "future" of transportation, but still...from attraction to queue - what a horrible fate. We lost two attractions for one that never worked properly. They were noisy (shouldn't the future be quiet?), too jerky (by the time it started to go fast, it had to slow down to take a turn), too prone to 101, lacking narration (a "transportation system" should be informative, not just make R2-D2 beeps and loud whines), that song mentioned by dxwwf3 was only audible for a few brief moments in the queue/exit tunnel, and the ride itself way too short to really enjoy.
I look forward to the day the Peoplemover makes its triumphant return, as well as my next visit to the TTA next month (I hope it's open!). I'm certain I'll be visiting the TTA at least twice.

littlemom_3

I was art MK this week and the moving platform that gets you to the top of the ramp was not working. This might be part of the reason for the refurb. We were there Sunday and MOnday and it did not work either day.:cry:

The TTA is particularly well recieved by a few of Disney's fan groups. It scores very well and any time it ends up closed, complaints abound (for example, it's open for this year's MNSSHP because too many complaints came in last year that it was closed - they had to alter the way they light Tomorrowland for the event).

The TTA's extremely high capacity also allows many riders and a complete lack of lines. While other attractions can be popular, few have the "always must be ridden" characterization that the TTA has, even other extremely high capacity attractions. Several guests, myself included, tend to ride it atleast once every trip to the MK.

I rode TTA during MNSSHP last year....so it certainly was not closed.:)

DisneyMusician2

I thought it was always fun and I would miss it. The technology isn't cutting edge anymore, and I think they could really make some cool improvements to the ride to make it really relevant to the kids tkaing the trip on the TTA now.

Spectroman2003

I was told by many different people that the TTA will close some of november to repaint, change the recordings, and then close again january 2nd so that work can be done to the exterior of the Laugh Floor. Personally i think that itwill only close in january because i heard that from only one person that it was closing in november.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but this is not true. There are no plans to close TTA during park hours for rehab or refurb. If anything, this will be done over night. And as for it being open for MNSSHP, it's only open when the event is close to or is sold out. which is all the time. MNSSHP is very popular now.

hokielutz

I was art MK this week and the moving platform that gets you to the top of the ramp was not working. This might be part of the reason for the refurb. We were there Sunday and MOnday and it did not work either day.:cry:

I'd think the refurb has nothing to do with the failure of the moving walkway. Disney couldn't afford to wait a month to make those repairs - unlike the escalators at most of the Washington D.C. metro train stations. Those yahoos at Metro take at least 2 months to get around to fixing the escalators after they break.

LilRoo714

Noticed the issues with the ramp not moving up this weekend while I was there. On Monday night's MNSSHP it was open, but it was raining and with the moving walkway standing still and wet from people's shoes I noticed how slick it could get...

kcnole

This is absolutely my favorite attraction in all of the parks. Some may say it's sad, but for me its wonderful. I really do miss the pre94 narration however and wish they'd go back to something like that. I also hope they'll update some of the scenes you see as you go through now since the update as they're a little lame now. The biggest thing I'd love to see (aside from IYHW coming back with the three views that you used to have of that ride) would be the postshow in Space Mountain coming back with the views available only from the Peoplemover.

Imaginationeer

Original Poster
I hate to burst everyone's bubble but this is not true. There are no plans to close TTA during park hours for rehab or refurb. If anything, this will be done over night. And as for it being open for MNSSHP, it's only open when the event is close to or is sold out. which is all the time. MNSSHP is very popular now.

How could you be so sure, when the ride has to close anyway for construction on The Laugh Floor?:confused:

Slowjack

Sorry, I can still only refer to it as the Wedway People Mover.

Even my kids only know it by that name.

Wedway = awesome!
Ha! You know, my wife always refers to it as the People Mover also, even though she started going to WDW later in life (to be exact about it, she didn't start going until I took her!), and so she's seen the TTA name at the park a lot more than she saw People Mover.

nelsonj3

This is by far my favorite ride at MK! I love being able to go around more than once without getting off of the ride.

I do hope they give it some TLC. There are also several places where the TTA Track Enclosure could use some paint. (At least it needed it when I was there in May.)

In car speakers would be great, but that probably won't happen because it wouldn't make much sense to do... except for the fact that it might make the narration easier to hear on windy days.

Rogue71371

Can anyone confirm or deny the November closing of the TTA???? My 5 year old will lose his mind if it is closed when we are there! Nov 11th - 20th.

Please, please, please, please do not be shut down.

Also add my family to the list of the WEDway being our favorite ride!

22 days to go!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom