Trying to figure out our next trip

Labmommy

We just came back from our trip on December 6th, and I'm already trying to figure out when to go back lol. Christmas time in Disney was absolutely beautiful but I think we want to try a different time of year for our next trip. I thought of January 2018 due to a waiter we had suggesting it was one of the quietest times to go, but then I saw the flower and garden show looks so beautiful. Any suggestions would be so helpful. I also heard fall is a great time lol Help!!! Thanks in advance

DfromATX

Hi, OP! Is just my husband and me, too. We have always gone Nov/Dec but this time we are giving February a try. Never been that time of year. I've always heard the BTG's are a pain and to be avoided, but I guess Brazil's economy is still in the tank, so...... We are going in a month and can't wait. I'm curious about the weather, but 70's would be great for us. It's -21 today where we live. I will write and let everyone know what February is like on a modified trip report!

When we went in July, we hardly noticed any BTG's at all, maybe just a couple, but not like what we've seen in the past. We thought it was due to the Olympics, but I've since heard it was due to their economy. Whatever the reason, it was nice.

Upvote 0

JChoma

Last year we went in mid-April. Since Easter was early in 2016 (in March), most of the spring break crowds had subsided by the time of our trip. (Our kids' spring break was really late for whatever reason). I don't know if we just lucked out, but the weather was gorgeous our entire trip! Low 80s the first few days and not at all hot/humid. The only hot days were at the end of the week, upper 80s, but the humidity wasn't as bad and we were all fine (and my husband truly hates the heat). Seeing the flower & garden show was gorgeous! We only had one evening of rain, but it only lasted a few hours. We loved WDW in the Spring. This year, we're going in early December because we've never seen the xmas decorations up. I can't wait!!

Upvote 0

DfromATX

Last year we went in mid-April. Since Easter was early in 2016 (in March), most of the spring break crowds had subsided by the time of our trip. (Our kids' spring break was really late for whatever reason). I don't know if we just lucked out, but the weather was gorgeous our entire trip! Low 80s the first few days and not at all hot/humid. The only hot days were at the end of the week, upper 80s, but the humidity wasn't as bad and we were all fine (and my husband truly hates the heat). Seeing the flower & garden show was gorgeous! We only had one evening of rain, but it only lasted a few hours. We loved WDW in the Spring. This year, we're going in early December because we've never seen the xmas decorations up. I can't wait!!

Sounds wonderful!

Upvote 0

Jess G

We just came back from our trip on December 6th, and I'm already trying to figure out when to go back lol. Christmas time in Disney was absolutely beautiful but I think we want to try a different time of year for our next trip. I thought of January 2018 due to a waiter we had suggesting it was one of the quietest times to go, but then I saw the flower and garden show looks so beautiful. Any suggestions would be so helpful. I also heard fall is a great time lol Help!!! Thanks in advance

Flower and Garden Fest is beautiful but after experiencing it once I don't find it something I am going to take into account while planning my future vacations... Spring can be very busy... What about a mid/late February trip where you can get the best of both worlds? ... The booths won't be up and running but a majority of the flower set up will be done and it usually is pretty quiet that time of year as well

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom