Trying to figure out our next trip

Labmommy

We just came back from our trip on December 6th, and I'm already trying to figure out when to go back lol. Christmas time in Disney was absolutely beautiful but I think we want to try a different time of year for our next trip. I thought of January 2018 due to a waiter we had suggesting it was one of the quietest times to go, but then I saw the flower and garden show looks so beautiful. Any suggestions would be so helpful. I also heard fall is a great time lol Help!!! Thanks in advance

DisneyDreamer08

Hi! Our last trip was in September and we too have been discussing our next. Ours most likely won't be til 2020, but we have been talking about the time of year, like you mentioned above. For us, the top 3 factors to consider are weather, price and days missed from school- in that order.
Our September trip was far too hot for our comfort level. Our 5 year old was grumpy, cranky and lethargic the whole trip. We were uncomfortable as well, pushing a double stroller, carrying children and/or bags, for 8+ hours a day in 90+ degree weather. So for us, we will never again travel in that heat & humidity.
Price and potential discounts are huge for us too. The cost of the same hotel room can greatly vary throughout the year. And because we are a family of four, any potential discount on food is huge for us.
And finally, while it would be nice to lessen the amount of school our daughter misses, it is a consideration but not a top priority.

For us, we are looking into either Jan/Feb, April vacation week, or Nov/Dec.

Like you said, lower crowds in Jan/Feb are a huge draw. Prices are at their lowest then too and currently, there are usually play/stay/dine type discounts.
The big draw for April for us is our daughters school vacation.
Nov/Dec is great weather, lower prices, holiday decorations (huge bonus!) and potential half days in our school district for parent/teacher conferences.

To specifically address your chosen times above, yes, January would be nice with lower crowds, and the Flower & Garden Festival does look amazing and is high on my list as well. We will never again go in the fall, too hot and crowds are not as low as they used to be.
We have also been the first week in December and it was amazing- comfortable temps, low-moderate crowds and the most gorgeous holiday decorations :)

I would suggest making a list of pros & cons based on what is important to you. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Labmommy

Original Poster
Thank you DisneyDreamer08. It's just my husband and I so we don't have to worry about school vacations. Thank you for mentioning the heat, I didn't even take that in as a consideration. My husband hates the humidity so he may be miserable over the late summer months. I didn't know about the stay, play, and dine. That's great to know. I am definitely going to start a list today on pros and cons. Thanks for your advice. Good luck planning your next trip

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Thank you DisneyDreamer08. It's just my husband and I so we don't have to worry about school vacations. Thank you for mentioning the heat, I didn't even take that in as a consideration. My husband hates the humidity so he may be miserable over the late summer months. I didn't know about the stay, play, and dine. That's great to know. I am definitely going to start a list today on pros and cons. Thanks for your advice. Good luck planning your next trip

You're welcome! There a few websites out there that track past offers. The play stay & dine offer is basically if you purchase tickets, stay on property and purchase the dining plan as a package, you get a certain % off. Any savings helps. at least for us, so its definitely something we consider :)

Upvote 0

TDGMedley

Im also looking at March 2018, I have been to disney alot and all different temps. I have never been in march and seen all the flowers, I hear it is very nice weather and everything is so pretty.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Deciding when to go is half the fun! We've been at so many times of the year and we have found early May to be our favorite. It's not totally quiet but also not busy per our experiences, very warm but not humid, and the F&GF is beautiful at Epcot.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

We go every jan or feb because of the low crowds and great weather. During the day it's low 70's which is perfect, but at night it can go down into the 30's. it's a great time to go!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We are undecided about when to go next. We went 3 times (for 2 weeks each time) in 2016. I got 2 $50 WDW gift cards for Christmas. Perhaps this will be a year when we wake up one day and say, Let's Go.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Since you were just there, I was curious if there was a bounce back offer that was offered to you?
This is the current offer:

IMG_4473.JPG

Upvote 0

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We just came back from our trip on December 6th, and I'm already trying to figure out when to go back lol. Christmas time in Disney was absolutely beautiful but I think we want to try a different time of year for our next trip. I thought of January 2018 due to a waiter we had suggesting it was one of the quietest times to go, but then I saw the flower and garden show looks so beautiful. Any suggestions would be so helpful. I also heard fall is a great time lol Help!!! Thanks in advance

After Christmas, I think the next best holiday time is when all the Halloween decorations are up. We like to go in mid September. Crowds are not to bad, Halloween decorations are up and the Halloween party is running. It's also the time for the Epcot Food and Wine festival which I think people should try at least once.

Upvote 0

Labmommy

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your help. How do you get a bounce back offer? I see people talk about it every now and then but I'm unsure what it is or how to get it.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Thank you everyone for your help. How do you get a bounce back offer? I see people talk about it every now and then but I'm unsure what it is or how to get it.

While staying on Disney property, there is sometimes information in your hotel room regarding a bounce back offer. In order to take advantage of the offer, you have to put a deposit down on your next trip before you check out :)

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

Going to see Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival is incredible! It is amazing what all they come up with. Hope you get to see that on one of your Disney World trips in the future. It is well worth it. Pam G

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Hi, OP! Is just my husband and me, too. We have always gone Nov/Dec but this time we are giving February a try. Never been that time of year. I've always heard the BTG's are a pain and to be avoided, but I guess Brazil's economy is still in the tank, so...... We are going in a month and can't wait. I'm curious about the weather, but 70's would be great for us. It's -21 today where we live. I will write and let everyone know what February is like on a modified trip report!

Upvote 0

kniquy

You may want to look at when other events are going on. From end of March to end of May is flower and garden at Epcot. I am going to experience it for the first time this year. I am a little worried that the parks wont seem as magical as they do around christmas, but the pictures i have seen of Epcot during F & G look amazing. If you plan off time to avoid most school breaks my guess is that crowds will be very manageable.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

If I didn't have to worry about kids and school, I'd love to go in May or October - or anytime school is in for that matter. You are lucky you can go anytime! My husband and I have even talked about taking our grandchildren (who don't exist yet) before they start school lol.

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

Just my 2 cents on the oppressive heat and humidity in Orlando, and I am a life long Southerner. The only remotely tolerable months of the year to visit Orlando are November - February. September and October are still oppressive. Sometimes even into mid to late November. March can be OK but not lately. I am in Orlando almost as often as I am at home and refuse to go out in the weather when it is over around 85 degrees out and that is rare these days.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

Just my 2 cents on the oppressive heat and humidity in Orlando, and I am a life long Southerner. The only remotely tolerable months of the year to visit Orlando are November - February. September and October are still oppressive. Sometimes even into mid to late November. March can be OK but not lately. I am in Orlando almost as often as I am at home and refuse to go out in the weather when it is over around 85 degrees out and that is rare these days.

I was born and raised in Texas where we have 100+ degree temps in the summer. (During Christmas we were using our A/C's believe it or not.) You'd think we'd be used to the heat and able to tolerate the Florida heat, but the difference is in Fla. the humidity. Plus at home, when it's 90 & up, we are not spending all day outside. The humidity is a killer to me, not to mention my hair goes completely flat! I would LOVE to go to Disney during a non summer month!!

P.S. - However, 85 is downright cool. :p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom