Tropical Hideaway

mickEblu

It's thematically appropriate enough for me and high enough quality that I can accept it. I am partially biased because Return of the Jedi, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Peter Pan are my three favorite movies of all time so I have a hard time being against those movies or franchises being in the parks.

I’m surprised you wouldn’t have preferred the Endor coaster being a ROTJ fan.

Hattieboxghost110

Just when I thought obsessive Disney Park fandom couldn’t possibly get any weirder.

I only joined this Disney fan site about 6 months ago and I already feel like I'm falling deeper & deeper into the rabbit hole.

hqdefault.jpg

falling-down-the-rabbit-hole-what-every-woman-should-know-about-alice-in-wonderland-entity-1320x720.jpg

TROR

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 4.08.28 PM.png

Uh you don't know where I live, pal. I could live 5 hours from Disneyland. You don't know. Or maybe you do. You probably do, huh? Creepy. Also, a Universal season pass is $170 and I just don't have the cash to spare. I'm just a broke college student, bud. If I had $170 to spend, I'd use $120 for a ticket to Disneyland and save the $50.

I’m surprised you wouldn’t have preferred the Endor coaster being a ROTJ fan.
I always preferred the space battle. But in general, I just don't dig rides being a scene out of a movie.

Last edited:

mickEblu

View attachment 268118

Uh you don't know where I live, pal. I could live 5 hours from Disneyland. You don't know. Or maybe you do. You probably do, huh? Creepy. Also, a Universal season pass is $170 and I just don't have the cash to spare. I'm just a broke college student, bud. If I had $170 to spend, I'd use $120 for a ticket to Disneyland and save the $50.

I always preferred the space battle. But in general, I just don't dig rides being a scene out of a movie.

Lol. This is getting weird.

dweezil78

Feel sad for you that you didn't get mentioned, bruh. I was mentioned a couple times.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think because you guys have pretty similar opinions overall.

I know a lot of you would be shocked to hear this, but there's quite a lot about the parks that I have pretty negative opinions on. (Probably WDW moreso than DLR... I could go on for days about Epcot in particular.) I've been visiting the parks for nearly 40 years now and as hard as it is, I really do try to take off my rose colored glasses when comparing the new with the old and look at decisions being made from different perspectives. Sure, some of it is just purely awful short term thinking business decisions (I'm far more offended and bitter about Guardians at Epcot, for example, than Guardians at DCA). But as someone who works in media and pop culture, I've seen audience tastes and media consumption shift so much over the years -- so that's something I often take into consideration with the parks. As much as I'd love for the parks to always be in a constant state of 1967'ness, I know that sadly we are a long, long way from there (not to mention 1955) and try to be a realist about things. I also happen to think it's more fun playing devil's advocate. :)

And for what it's worth, I despise Haunted Mansion Holiday and it's way too long occupation of the Mansion!!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom