News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 40 Stats (4/29):
7am: 4.5 secs
1pm: 4364.4 secs, or ~1 hours 13 mins

BG 200 (+5) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

Notable stoppages:
11:59 - 12:15pm
5:05 - 5:22pm

Average pace: 4mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.8s -> 3.9s (+0.1s)
1pm: 35m -> 42m (+7m)

That does it for Day 40 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-393.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 41 Stats (4/30):
7am: 5.1 secs
1pm: 9227.9 secs, or ~2 hours 34 mins

BG 205 (+5) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm. 19 BGs were called together at 10pm.

Notable stoppages:
10:34 - 10:50am
6:25 - 7:02pm

Average pace: 4-5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.5s -> 3.7s (+0.2s)
1pm: 41m -> 1hr 0m (+19m)

That does it for Day 41 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-438.png

Den Carter

Heading to MK for first time since Tron opening in a few weeks. Really would love to ride at night. Thoughts on jumping in to VQ at 1pm exactly Vs waiting a certain number of minutes after in the hope of a post 8pm callback? Risky strategy or tried and tested?

P.s. I do note that the 1pm drop appears to be keeping availability for 2hrs plus after 1pm, but I'm to risk-averse to wait too long!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Heading to MK for first time since Tron opening in a few weeks. Really would love to ride at night. Thoughts on jumping in to VQ at 1pm exactly Vs waiting a certain number of minutes after in the hope of a post 8pm callback? Risky strategy or tried and tested?

P.s. I do note that the 1pm drop appears to be keeping availability for 2hrs plus after 1pm, but I'm to risk-averse to wait too long!

If the Virtual Queue trend right before your trip still has availability well after 1pm, you can always join at 1pm and see which group you are assigned. If you think the return time may be too early, you can use the "Remove Guests" option and rejoin the queue for a higher group number as long as the Virtual Queue is still open.

bmr1591

If you want to ride at night, you’ll want to wait and hope you don’t wait too late. Look at the past few days on here when you get there and determine the average you’ll risk.

That said, these longer times will diminish in two weeks when summer hits and crowds rise.

wrkutz

If the Virtual Queue trend right before your trip still has availability well after 1pm, you can always join at 1pm and see which group you are assigned. If you think the return time may be too early, you can use the "Remove Guests" option and rejoin the queue for a higher group number as long as the Virtual Queue is st
we are going next week and had the same discussion. We decided that for our first ride, it is more important to get a boarding group than it is to ride at night, so we will be making every effort to get ours at 7am.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 42 Stats (5/1):
7am: 5.0 secs
1pm: 326.6 secs, or ~5 mins

BG 164 (-41) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm. 18 BGs were called together at 10pm.

Notable stoppages:
10:43 - 11:49am
11:59 - 2:03pm

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.9s -> 4.1s (+0.2s)
1pm: 57m -> 49m (-8m)

That does it for Day 42 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-475.png

tparris

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but if one were to purchase an ILL for TRON, would they be able to ride if they show up late? I know that the VQ is very strict with late arrivals right now, but seeing as you have to pay real money for ILL, I was curious if they’ve been more lenient with that side of things.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but if one were to purchase an ILL for TRON, would they be able to ride if they show up late? I know that the VQ is very strict with late arrivals right now, but seeing as you have to pay real money for ILL, I was curious if they’ve been more lenient with that side of things.
Since guests pick their ILL return time, there should not be an issue with running late. That said, it is possible CMs might be more lenient. If not, guests can go to Guest Services for an ILL refund.

Mousebucks6

1pm drop closed at 3:18pm, lasting for 8307.969 secs, or ~2 hours 18 mins.
Tuesday 1pm Drop Average 37m -> 51m (+14m)

Up to BG 50 called at 1pm, 9 more than yesterday.
Does anyone have any guesses as to why yesterday was 5 minutes for the 1 PM drop? It seems like an odd blip lately

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Does anyone have any guesses as to why yesterday was 5 minutes for the 1 PM drop? It seems like an odd blip lately
1 pm Boarding Groups were likely limited in number due to the ride being down at 1 pm. See here:

Final Day 42 Stats (5/1):
7am: 5.0 secs
1pm: 326.6 secs, or ~5 mins

BG 164 (-41) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm. 18 BGs were called together at 10pm.

Notable Stoppages
10:43 - 11:49am
11:59 - 2:03pm

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.9s -> 4.1s (+0.2s)
1pm: 57m -> 49m (-8m)

That does it for Day 42 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
View attachment 713959

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom