News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

TheMaxRebo

Except with the soft opening it appears the ride is stopping around 6pm. With Daylight Savings, not sure there are many chances to ride at dark....

That's true - guess I was thinking more long term if they are going to be more strict about VQ return times for Tron vs Guardians, that may be a reason why and added benefit of getting an ILL for this.

But yeah, for now probably more limited availability with shorter operating hours and just day 2 of operations is driving up demand

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don't get the negativity.
TRON is not Guardians...but they are both great rides. Tron has a unique launch and unique ride vehicle.
I rode it 4x (in a row) the other day and could have gone again; if I had done that on Guardians, I probably would have passed out. Just sayin'
I understand, but for a ride that took over 5 years and millions to build, they could have at least changed it some and extended it rather than just being a short cookie cutter coaster with cools lights from another Disney park.

correcaminos

I understand, but for a ride that took over 5 years and millions to build, they could have at least changed it some and extended it rather than just being a short cookie cutter coaster with cools lights from another Disney park.
When it was started it was exactly meant to be that. Imagine how much more time if they made changes.

So yeah I don't get the negativity, it's what I expected

DavidDL

Are there any sort of reports regarding how long Guests are waiting in line (on average) once they're called back for their virtual queue or lightning lane?

disneygeek90

So theyre being strict about return times? That’s pretty annoying considering you can get any group from 1-100 in a matter of 3 seconds.

I get if they want to limit the night line, but they’re really turning people away with group 20 that show up at 2pm?

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 2 Stats (3/21) [Day 2/14 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 3.8 secs
1pm: 4.0 secs

BG 154 (+34) is the last BG called for the day at 6:44pm.

Notable stoppages:
5:38 - 5:58pm

Average pace: 4-5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.8s -> 3.8s (+0s)
1pm: 4.0s -> 4.0s (+0s)

That does it for Day 2 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-332.png

Last edited:

No Name

Final Day 1 Stats (3/20) [Day 1/15 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 3.1 secs
1pm: 3.9 secs

BG 120 is the last BG called for the day at 5pm.

Notable stoppages: None
There were no recorded downtimes on its first public day!

Average pace: 4-5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.1s -> 3.1s (+0s)
1pm: 3.9s -> 3.9s (+0s)

That does it for Day 1 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
View attachment 705104
It begins!

ParentsOf4

Rode TRON today. Neat atmosphere. Short ride. Not worth all the hype imo. Launch is great but not a ton of thrill. Not the most comfortable ride position as well. Guardians is way better
I agree. TRON is fun but Guardians is better.

Guardian tells a story. It’s an entertaining combination of ride system and screens.

TRON is a combination of Test Track theming with a Rock n Roller Coaster track system but without any inversions.

Rise of the Resistance easily has them both beat.

HauntedMansionFLA

I am wondering if they will enforce this for Tron b/c otherwise people will wait until the evening to experience it with the lights, etc vs not really caring for something like Guardians where time of day doesn't really matter
This is the exact reason they will enforce it. You wouldn’t want people to get accustomed to getting an early boarding group then just wait till nighttime.
Poor cast members have to reeducate the public that there are rules that will be enforced and you can’t have it all.
Wait for the second VQ to have a shot at riding at nighttime.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I agree. TRON is fun but Guardians is better.

Guardian tells a story. It’s an entertaining combination of ride system and screens.

TRON is a combination of Test Track theming with a Rock n Roller Coaster track system but without any inversions.

Rise of the Resistance easily has them both beat.
Yeah and slinky dog is actually more thrilling (other than the fast launch) so I don’t get all the hype other than the unique ride vehicles or the lights

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom