News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DrummerAlly

Tron Newbie quetion.

We have DAS and want our first time on Iron to be in the evening, when it's dark. What's the best way to make that happen? Just buy a Lightning Lane?
We travel with a DAS and got a virtual queue spot - our boarding group happened to open up around 11am. I talked with the CM at the tent to exchange our virtual queue for a lightning lane and explained that we would need to return a little later and asked if that would be okay. I was told that once our virtual queue was exchanged for a lightning lane that we'd be able to come back any time that day.

Not sure if I'd feel okay doing that just if we wanted to ride at night, but I have a hunch it would work fine. If I just wanted to ride at night, I'd probably try to secure a virtual queue spot at the afternoon drop.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photo from today - the small TRON billboard near the Fantasyland Train Station has been replaced.

IMG_6381.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ride Tron last week for the first time. Great ride and a welcome addition to Magic Kingdom but Guardians is still my fav. I don’t see what the 6 years of hype from Disney was for Tron?
The hype never equals the investment

But that’s the point…spend 5+ slow rolling “coming soon” when they should be adding/reinvesting on a 1,2,3 year schedule at all times…

cjkeating

I don’t see what the 6 years of hype from Disney was for Tron?
I don't think their was any hype for Iron after most people had watched the Shanghai videos.

Personally I preferred Tron as it felt more physical/real whereas GOTF disappointed me as I just felt like I was watching a movie on a 4D chair.

Corylancaster

Whats the average time you spend in line for tron once your boarding group has been called for the VQ vs time in line for ILL? Trying to plan out if it would be better to pay for the ILL at 7am vs trying to get in the VQ at 7am

gerarar

Premium Member
Whats the average time you spend in line for tron once your boarding group has been called for the VQ vs time in line for ILL? Trying to plan out if it would be better to pay for the ILL at 7am vs trying to get in the VQ at 7am
Are you going anytime soon? The virtual queue has been pretty good in the mornings recently (and especially in the afternoon 1pm drops).

I recommend to always try for the VQ then if you dont like you BG, can always purchase ILL later. If your BG is less than 30, you should have a pretty short wait in the first 2 hours of the park opening.

Last 7 days:
scatter_plot-528.png

Including today (9/6):
scatter_plot-1255.png

Corylancaster

Are you going anytime soon? The virtual queue has been pretty good in the mornings recently (and especially in the afternoon 1pm drops).

I recommend to always try for the VQ then if you dont like you BG, can always purchase ILL later. If your BG is less than 30, you should have a pretty short wait in the first 2 hours of the park opening.

Last 7 days:
View attachment 741246
Including today (9/6):
View attachment 741247
Not going until the second week of Oct. So still a few weeks out, but trying to get the decisions out of the way. I plan on watching the threads continuously until we get on the plane 😂

gerarar

Premium Member
Small thread bump, but thought this was worthy enough.

Tron has not opened yet for the day (2/4), even passed the 1pm drop today. This is the worst day operationally for the ride (there's not that many) since it opened last April.
Retracting this statement.
Sept 24, 2023 had 370 mins of downtime
June 12, 2023 had 392 mins of downtime
So Feb 4, 2024 is just one the rare days with 240+ mins of downtime. What makes it unique is the long delayed opening.
1000008939.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom