News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

No Name

There’s actually one difference between the coaster building in Shanghai and Florida, and it’s this part:
8C0378F6-A739-4ED0-870D-209AF54869A4.jpeg

That doesn’t stick out in Shanghai, but it does here, and that’s why it’s frequently in view:
1E4E200E-6217-4D17-AF7D-EAB58B08A3F2.jpeg

I am curious why this difference exists. I’m sure it’s something pertaining to US law but they should’ve changed the shape of the canopy to work correctly.

JoeCamel

There’s actually one difference between the coaster building in Shanghai and Florida, and it’s this part:
View attachment 701768

That doesn’t stick out in Shanghai, but it does here, and that’s why it’s frequently in view:
View attachment 701769

I am curious why this difference exists. I’m sure it’s something pertaining to US law but they should’ve changed the shape of the canopy to work correctly.
Being able to replicate the canopy was probably a driving factor of why it was greenlit, you can build a box anywhere. I would guess fire codes for the building change meaning it required access where China does not.

Timothy_Q

View attachment 701768

View attachment 701769

That little extra corner poking out from the behind the canopy is such bad design

They could've at least made it follow the same curve of the canopy so it wouldn't draw so much attention

No Name

Disney has shared these photos as WDI puts the finishing touches on the TRON Lightcycle / Run post-show.

Use the > on the right to move through the slides.

This looks much nicer and more modern than the actual ride queue (which I guess makes sense because it was designed about 12 years later).

Last edited:

invader

I’ve brought it up here a few weeks ago but I don’t think anyone else here has. The worst offenders are the still art along the walls… way way too cluttered, with outlines around everything. Looks jarringly dated.

View attachment 701937

View attachment 701938
I strongly dislike that entire switch back area and I think a major part of it is those graphics. Very 2005 feeling. They really could have done so much more with that space.
Are they screenzz?
Nope. Posters.

mysto

I’ve brought it up here a few weeks ago but I don’t think anyone else here has. The worst offenders are the still art along the walls… way way too cluttered, with outlines around everything. Looks jarringly dated.

View attachment 701937

View attachment 701938

"Dated" is part of the theme of both Tron and Tomorrowland isn't it? Retro-future, yesterday's concept of the future. If so this theming would be on-point. Or do you mean the art is too modern looking for the theme?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom