News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

BringMeTheHoriz

Got to ride today.

Pros: Really enjoyed the riding position much more than I thought I would. My body knew a launch was coming but wasn’t ready for being launched in that particular position. Naturally it was the most thrilling portion of the ride. Lockers were good, although the darkness in the hallways makes it difficult to see if you’ve retrieved everything after the ride.

Cons: Short ride length, amount of block brakes, repeating elements, and projections that just didn’t make sense/can’t be seen quick enough to register what’s going on. The ride building is cool when you’re rocketing through it but looks like a whitewashed blob in the daytime and is a blight in the skyline of the MK. It’s also already discolored in a multitude of places, making it hard to see it as any sort of modern futuristic setting. Finally, our group remarked that Disney just loves the blue light theme: Test Track, Space Mountain, Guardians, and now this. I know it fits the theme of this ride more so than any of the former, but at WDW it just feels overplayed and a cop out for actual theming.

Overall it’s the most thrilling ride in the park, but it’s a one trick pony. 9 times out of 10 I’m going to save myself some steps and ride the coaster on the right.

J4546

I am watching videos of TRON and this attraction looks FANTASTIC! At night the canopy looks FANTASTIC! This attraction could show a light show like Space Ship Earth does.

I am critical of WDW when they do stuff I don’t like but when they do stuff I like I will say that too and this attraction is a winner in my book! When I first saw the TRON in China I liked what I saw but knew I would never get to ride it and when it was announced it was coming to WDW it was a dream come true for me.

Now that’s it’s open and I am seeing it on video and an feeing the same excitement like I did in the old days of WDW!

I am looking forward to riding this some day.
Same. This ride is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews from people whove been on it and I cant wait to ride in winter!

UNCgolf

Well, that's a huge asterisk. How many people don't like Rewind? (not counting sickness issues)

Although I don't know specifically regarding her, it could be as simple as thinking it's fine but nothing special. That's where I'd fall -- it's certainly not a bad attraction, but it's nowhere near as good as it could/should have been (especially considering what they spent on it).

Turtlekrawl

The only restraint system at WDW that gives me concern is the one on BTMRR. A single lap bar shared by a Pooh-sized parent and a little waif who just hit the height requirement is basically no restraint at all. Split bars have become the norm and that ride needs a retrofit.
I could not disagree more. The restraint as is makes the ride so much better.

lightningtap347

Rode today for cast preview, really disappointed.

The ride was short, forceless, and uncomfortable. It also seems like an operational nightmare. Every single train in front of me had at least one person have to leave the train due to size/dimension. They didn't even look particularly heavy. Everyone in my party noted that their ribs hurt at the end of the ride, and none of us are over 185 pounds.

This should've opened before Guardians, but even with relatively low expectations I was left unsatisfied.

Incomudro

Rode today for cast preview, really disappointed.

The ride was short, forceless, and uncomfortable. It also seems like an operational nightmare. Every single train in front of me had at least one person have to leave the train due to size/dimension. They didn't even look particularly heavy. Everyone in my party noted that their ribs hurt at the end of the ride, and none of us are over 185 pounds.

This should've opened before Guardians, but even with relatively low expectations I was left unsatisfied.
185 at what height?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Everyone in my party noted that their ribs hurt at the end of the ride
Oh no, this doesn't sound good to me. I still have sporadic rib cage discomfort due to a broken rib (from a fall) that happened some time ago. I was looking forward to riding, now I'm wondering if I should. 😐

I'll keep an eye on reports like yours. Thanks for sharing.

Disone

Oh no, this doesn't sound good to me. I still have sporadic rib cage discomfort due to a broken rib (from a fall) that happened some time ago. I was looking forward to riding, now I'm wondering if I should. 😐

Well, for what it's worth, I've been on it too. I went with a group of people. None of us experienced pain in any parts of our body, including our ribs. I'm not sure where that's coming from. I'm 220 lb and 5 ft 7. I didn't have any problem getting on or off the attraction. When I was there there was not a particular problem with people fitting on the attraction.

So take each person's review as their personal perspective and also take it with a grain of salt, including my own.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Well, for what it's worth, I've been on it too. I went with a group of people. None of us experienced pain in any parts of our body, including our ribs. I'm not sure where that's coming from. I'm 220 lb and 5 ft 7. I didn't have any problem getting on or off the attraction. When I was there there was not a particular problem with people fitting on the attraction.

So take each person's review as their personal perspective and also take it with a grain of salt, including my own.
I will, thanks.

I'm 5'4/115 lb aprox, so getting on/off shouldn't be an issue, it was just the ribs comment that caught my attention. I'm looking forward to riding, sounds fun. :)

lightningtap347

Yeah I would say give it a shot and form your own opinion. The ride is obviously safe so you shouldn't worry about re-aggravating an injury on it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"According to BlogMickey.com sources, Disney World is getting ready to send out TRON Lightcycle Run Annual Passholder preview registration emails later this week. The emails will arrive in the second half of this week, so Passholders can breathe easy for a few more days. When registration opens, Passholders will be able to register themselves and up to 5 other Annual Passholders. Non-Passholders will not be allowed to attend the preview."

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
"According to BlogMickey.com sources, Disney World is getting ready to send out TRON Lightcycle Run Annual Passholder preview registration emails later this week. The emails will arrive in the second half of this week, so Passholders can breathe easy for a few more days. When registration opens, Passholders will be able to register themselves and up to 5 other Annual Passholders. Non-Passholders will not be allowed to attend the preview."

Emails come out the 16th for AP holders

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom