News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SplashJacket

How much of that Kinetic energy is lost by it's placement so far away from the rest of the land?
Not really much kinetic energy. The main kinetics are under the canopy itself. The general ambiance as a whole? Incredibly underutilized (I suspect, haven’t seen WDW's in person, but I was impressed by the testing last summer, so maybe not as significant as we think?)

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Touring Plans reporting MagicMobile does not work for TRON lockers -

IMG_552717D9B816-1.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is it because they don't want people to bring their phones with them on the ride?
That's a good point. The idea is for the lockers to minimize what is carried onto the ride, so using something like a phone as the key is not ideal. Although here is a small storage area on the lightycles for things that are phone sized. My guess its just likely to be a compatibility issue.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it because they don't want people to bring their phones with them on the ride?
No, because there is a place for guests to put their phones on the vehicle.

More than likely, they don't want people to use their phones because of the likelihood that a good number of them will then unthinkingly store their phone in the locker, and thus, won't have their phone to open the locker.

doctornick

At universal, they give you a temporary card you can use for the lockers which allows you to put your phone in the locker and still use them (if your ticket media is on your phone). I would imagine Disney might do the same here

lewisc

Magic Mobile won't open your hotel room. My guess is the lockers have the same issue

DME can unlock your hotel room using Bluetooth. I guess Disney doesn't think it's worth the expense to set it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom