TriceraTop Spin closing for refurbishment next week

NMBC1993

Great. NOW where will I be able to sit in a ride vehicle and spin in a circle while controlling the height and/or tilt??!?!?!?!??

Kang%20and%20Kodos%27%20Twirl%20%27n%27%20Hurl%202lr.jpg

Thank goodness Universal has us covered in our time of need....

See you could learn something Disney...if you didn't keep messing up like this, we wouldn't need more days at another park;)

Bolt

Kang%20and%20Kodos%27%20Twirl%20%27n%27%20Hurl%202lr.jpg

Thank goodness Universal has us covered in our time of need....

See you could learn something Disney...if you didn't keep messing up like this, we wouldn't need more days at another park;)
Your point is confusing as you reference another park with the same ride?

NMBC1993

Your point is confusing as you reference another park with the same ride?

It was a joke. Everyone keeps talking about how Universal is "stealing days away from Disney" so in this case Universal has the advantage...never mind that fact that Disney has two other attractions that are basically the same.

Again, just an attempt at humor...which apparently I have failed at.

Bairstow

I never understood why they didn't call it "Tricera Topspin" to better emphasize the play on words.

That reminds me; as Jim Hill pointed out on a recent podcast, does anyone else feel like Walt Disney was kind of obsessed with Triceratops?

MonorailLover

I never understood why they didn't call it "Tricera Topspin" to better emphasize the play on words.

That reminds me; as Jim Hill pointed out on a recent podcast, does anyone else feel like Walt Disney was kind of obsessed with Triceratops?

They're a very recognizable species that are herbivores, and less scary than Tyrannosaurus rex..... I kind of like them... I don't see an issue with multiples of them in the park, I would rather hear kids saying: "Dad look! A triceratops!" Vs. "look dad! Oh, wait... What's that one daddy?"

punkabella

I liked that ride as it soaked up kiddies and families from being in lines of other rides I go on. Hopefully they will be getting a spectacular paint job.

noodles

After reading up on all the backstory, I love Dino Land. It's an homage to old roadside parks. With Disney, the backstory is the thing.

ToTBellHop

After reading up on all the backstory, I love Dino Land. It's an homage to old roadside parks. With Disney, the backstory is the thing.
That's a lie they tell to explain away the cheap. I would argue that it is actually the quality that is the thing with Disney. Anyone can tell a crappy story. As we see here.

Compare Dino-Rama to Dinosaur. Both have a story. One has high quality thematic elements (when they are all maintained).

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

A "lie?"

So you're saying that Dino-Rama was built and finished before the thematic backstory was conceived?
It was shoehorned in with a half-a**ed story applied to make it feel like it is of Disney quality when it clearly is not. Can you think of any other cases in the last 15 years where an attraction has been shoehorned in where it doesn't belong with a thin story used to make it seem like it belongs?

I do not find it impressive to put in a ride that you can find identical copies of at Six Flags (with fewer cars on the track) but which has the Disney "magic" of bright paint, metal cut-outs of dinosaurs, and faded parking spot paint below. The story is thin and dumbs down the remainder of DAK which actually has a very serious theme involving the all-too-common behavior of humans acting before thinking of the long-term effects. How does Dino-Rama add to that story? Arguably, Pandora could actually add to that story if it's done well.

punkabella

That backstory still doesn't quite fit in as you have the boneyard feature that looks very well themed and more aligned with a theme park experience geared towards children. The other rides look like they were quickly copied and built on the cheap. I really don't like seeing a ride that I went on first at Busch Gardens for the Olympics being used as a permanent attraction. One of my least favorite at AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom