travel day and checking in to Saratoga Springs. daily vlog #73

pauljriley

Original Poster
The day has arrived! Today we travelled from London Gatwick to Orlando Airport and it all went pretty smoothly! No temper tantrums, no mistakes, just a nice smooth journey. Thank goodness for Paul!

MOXOMUMD

Have a great trip. Instead of making multiple threads here you can put one continuous one in the Trip Reports thread.

pauljriley

Original Poster
Day one began with a gentle start after such a long day of travelling. A lovely breakfast in Perkins with Dorothy throwing (knocking) her milk all over the place and then screaming about it. But as usual in the states, the staff were so incredibly lovely. Why on earth can't we do that in the UK??

pauljriley

Original Poster
Today saw our first proper Disney Park Day with a super early start and breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. Oh my gosh it was so so wonderful!

pauljriley

Original Poster
Hollywood Studios today and it's a hot one! Toy Story Mania is simply the most wonderful ride - it's a must do in my opinion. Luke actually came with us... miracle of miracles. It's pretty much the only time he's spent with us and to be honest doesn't seem to be having a great deal of fun, although he's not especially trying very hard....

pauljriley

Original Poster
One of the things I was absolutely most looking forward to was our meal at Whispering Canyon, Wilderness Lodge. Whilst the food, atmosphere and location was breathtaking, it was dampened slightly by the lack of enthusiasm from the teens. Trying hard not to be too upset but a bit sad anyway.

pauljriley

Original Poster
A super early start to the day to get to EPCOT in time to meet Anna and Elsa and boy was it worth a little rush because we wandered straight in. Breakfast in Norway followed and then a very hot but successful day in the park.

pauljriley

Original Poster
Saturday and it's a big game safari day at Animal Kingdom. We start the day with lunch at the Tusker House restaurant, with Donald Duck in charge of the safari lunch. This restaurant very quickly climbs to the top of our dining experiences, with an awesome array of food catering for all.

pauljriley

Original Poster
A slow start was needed this morning so we cancelled our bookings and spent the morning watching tv. It was bliss.
We headed out mid afternoon for supper at the Magic Kingdowm and Jungle Navigation Co. Skipper Canteen. Oh boy was it fantastic!

pauljriley

Original Poster
Today was all about trying to grasp back some magic and not to be too upset by the events of last night. A superb cast member at Sanaa did just that for us and we wound up having a truly wonderful day. Phew!
EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
Off to Epcot again today and we had a tremendous time (as always) on Soarin' We also met Crush and watched the dancing fountains. Lunch in amazing Mexico was simply luscious.
Paul and I snuck back out for more time at World Showcase, mainly sampling more nosh! What a super day.
EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
Today started of with just Flick and I braving rocking rollercoaster then met up with the small people for some Star Wars fun.
Lunch with the gang from Disney Junior and then home for a much needed nap.
A spontaneous visit to Magic Kingdom at 9pm meant we got to see Wishes and The Electrical Parade which is one of my favourite things. A midnight Haunted Mansion finished off a truly magnificent day. EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
Epcot again, this time for breakfast and we were joined by one of the elusive teens! Garden Grill has become my favourite character meals. After the initial fun of the rotating restaurant has mellowed, it's actually an uncomfortable and cramped environment to eat in - but the food (breakfast for us) was superb and the character interaction was fantastic.

pauljriley

Original Poster
We are closing in on the end of our stay at Saratoga but are still squeezing every inch of fun out of it.
A much anticipated breakfast in the Beast's Castle, watching the enchanted rose slowly drop it's petals, and seeing the snow outside the great ballroom.
We then braved the seven dwarves mine train, and many more magic kingdom fun. A superb day was finished off at Disney Springs with a spectacular meal experience at TRex, dancing in the fountains and drinking cocktails. Again. EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
We split up today; Dorothy and I stayed at 'home' and started the tiresome process of packing - a new suitcase having already been purchased to accommodate the new stuffed toys - and Paul and Albert went on a hunt around Orlando for the desired Kion - from The Lion Guard. Fortunately he was found and so peace was restored in Albert's life.

We headed off to the Hoop De Doo Review at Wilderness Campground and had such a truly fantastic time - even the teens cracked the odd smile.

The day was finished sitting by the pool, taking the occasional dip in between cocktails, and watching the kids doing loops of the slide until late. It was a hard, hard day.

EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
Checking out of Saratoga meant an early start and day of fun filled Disney magic. Storytime with Belle, The Voyage of the Little Mermaid which has the most spectacular queue, lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern in LIberty Square - no of course the teenagers didn't join us We also managed to track down JemSessionz' bolt and put our scribble on it. Hooray!

Leaving Disney was sad but arriving at Universal was excited. Guitars, marble and water everywhere. Initials feelings are muted - lets see what the rest of the week brings.

EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
Our first full day at Universal and what more could you want except brunch at the three broomsticks? Hmm. Quite a lot it would seem.

EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
We woke bright and breezy ready for a day at the Premier Outlet Mall but things spiralled, as they so often do. I had a good sob and we salvaged the day at the pool, despite the hurricane and tornado warnings.

EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
I didn't manage to film much, mainly because it was a day filled with water rides and soggy knickers. But it was a positive day with lots of fun although Albert is obscenely ready for school - far too many temper tantrums!!

EJ x

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom