travel day and checking in to Saratoga Springs. daily vlog #73

pauljriley

Original Poster
We decided a day with a plan was called for having been winging it for a few days - plus I also decided to force the teens to participate in a few things with us. It actually wasn't as much of a disaster as I thought it might be and the occasional smile was generously gifted in our general direction. Dorothy and Albert braved a huge water drop slide called The Adventure and D enjoyed it so much she went twice more - god help the world....!

The highlight for me was actually the otter on the slide, but don't tell the family that.

EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
Our final full day of holiday left us yearning for a Disney fix. In order to simplify life, we had a slow start and Paul kept the short people entertained for a while running up and down the hotel corridors and posing in the "spotlights" (Dorothy has gathered a small following doing this - we hope royalty cheques will follow). I stayed back at the room and got most stuff packed. It may not have been fun but it was cathartic and there's something reassuring about getting organised when you have a big change on the way.

Having then worked out which of Disney's parks was open the latest, we trundled off to Animal Kingdom - for the first time in the car all the while regretfully eyeing up the buses. But at least it meant Albert got to try out the car park trams.

A late and very large lunch in Rainforest Cafe was then followed up with a hot and mostly happy afternoon in the Animal Kingdom doing stuff we'd previously missed.

We spent some time in Dinoland then headed off to Finding Nemo the Musical. It's quite a spectacle and needs to be on your watch list if you like stage shows - most especially looking out for Crush. Both the song and the performer are outstanding and send chills up my spine. John - one for you especially although I expect you've already seen it!

I hadn't seen the Tree of Life all lit up and it is truly spectacular - quite emotional actually.

The end of the holiday hit me and I ran out of patience - hence my rather grumpy rant at the end. It was all meant at the time, but life has a way or ironing out the kinks, so don't take me too seriously.

EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
It's our last day - the grotty end of the holiday.

We were up and out early, having done most of the packing the day before, and we dropped the suitcases off at Disney Springs. A lovely breakfast at Perkins afterwards, and then back to Hard Rock Hotel for a day by the pool.

It could have been very restful and lovely but, as was the case all week at HRH, it was so bloomin' loud! Plus Albert was not at his most well behaved.

We left around tea time and found ourselves at the MCO club lounge. Only an hour's delay and then through the night to get home.

Boo.

EJ x

pauljriley

Original Poster
Before we leave the apartment at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, we took the opportunity to show you in detail what a two bedroom villa on this resort is like. To us it felt like a home from home, giving us all the space that the six of us needed, we also love the convenience of it's location in respect to Disney Springs, whilst allowing us the relative quiet after a long day at the parks.

We hope this video gives you all the information you might need if your looking at this resort as a possible destination.

Paul

pauljriley

Original Poster
We landed early yesterday morning and after a traffic filled journey home, we did little but sleep, eat, and cuddle the dog.
It's a thrilling vlog - thrilling I tell you.

EJ x

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom