Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

hpyhnt 1000

A little bit larger:
C8WlJJqWAAAQR8X.jpg:large

In something completely unrelated, it looks like cover guards are being installed over the third rails of the monorail beams over this new tram area. You can see the shiny new brackets in the picture...

Viget

What's the final disposition on the Poly path to TTC? Redirecting to the general TTC screening, or dedicated screening at that entry point?

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
What's the final disposition on the Poly path to TTC? Redirecting to the general TTC screening, or dedicated screening at that entry point?

It's kinda hard to see, but it looks like they are being directed through the regular TTC security lines. In the picture below, there appears to be barriers setup (red lines). The people walking from the Poly would follow the path in blue.

Disclaimer: I am just guessing based of this photo. Perhaps someone on site can provide more info.

upload_2017-4-3_10-28-42.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's kinda hard to see, but it looks like they are being directed through the regular TTC security lines. In the picture below, there appears to be barriers setup (red lines). The people walking from the Poly would follow the path in blue.

Disclaimer: I am just guessing based of this photo. Perhaps someone on site can provide more info.

View attachment 197823
Yep that's right

21stamps

View attachment 197823

I'm curious to hear reports on this. I wonder if it will be faster to just take the monorail around.. depending on security lines.
I'm guessing that time of day would play a big factor one way or the other.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I"m still wondering where those walking from the parking lot to the TTC will get checked. Do they have to back track to the tram security check?
Yes, the walkway directs you to the tram security check. The same is true for guests arriving in the charter bus area.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Looks like I was wrong on my guess as to where they'd put the Contemporary security checkpoint. Does anyone know if the restrooms just before the monorail escalator are still accessible without needing to go thru security?

And, unless they plan to have trams available to board at all times, I sincerely hope they cover the tram loading area! :eek:

COProgressFan

And, unless they plan to have trams available to board at all times, I sincerely hope they cover the tram loading area! :eek:

The tram loading at DAK and Studios aren't covered, though I agree it would be nice if they were. The bigger issue for me is the asphalt and concrete which just don't look good. You can tell it was shoehorned in, because it was.

That said, the hope/expectation here is that once they test and adjust the new screening locations, they can work on building more permanent structures at MK and TTC. TTC is desperate for an overhaul anyway, so this would be an appropriate time to do it.

mm121

In something completely unrelated, it looks like cover guards are being installed over the third rails of the monorail beams over this new tram area. You can see the shiny new brackets in the picture...

Probably wise, you dont want people throwing things up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom