Toy Story Playland

Mike S

That makes sense. The Simpson's food court was fine, as theme park food goes, but really didn't do much for me. Food is one area where Uni still lags WDW by a wide margin. Except for Butterbeer. Butterbeer is better than any non-alcoholic drink at WDW.
Don't forget Butterbeer ice cream :hungry: I'll take that over a Mickey sandwich any day.

Disneyhead'71

That makes sense. The Simpson's food court was fine, as theme park food goes, but really didn't do much for me. Food is one area where Uni still lags WDW by a wide margin. Except for Butterbeer. Butterbeer is better than any non-alcoholic drink at WDW.
I would say that Springfield is FAR better than the WDW equivalent of Cosmic Rays, Backlot Express, or Liberty Inn. And I would put Uni's food offering up against the best at WDW excepting V$A's. Universal has some very fine food offerings. But most WDW fans who pop in for a few hours and then declare it inferior are truly clueless.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Did you try the Chocolate Chili or Earl Grey and Lavender? Oh wait, Universal is for the masses whose only taste is in their mouths.
I'm sorry -- this post is too obtuse for a simple accountant. I think you were trying to insult somebody, but I can't figure out if you were insulting me, the public in general, Universal, WDW, WDW guests, Uni guests, Captain Picard, a light shade of purple, or strange ice cream flavors.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I would say that Springfield is FAR better than the WDW equivalent of Cosmic Rays, Backlot Express, or Liberty Inn. And I would put Uni's food offering up against the best at WDW excepting V$A's. Universal has some very fine food offerings. But most WDW fans who pop in for a few hours and then declare it inferior are truly clueless.
As opposed to being falsely clueless? For what its worth, I'm neither.

doctornick

It sounds like based on all of these rumors we can expect 7 new attractions in the next 6 years at Hollywood Studios with Great Movie Ride going away.
3 rides in Toy Story Playland
Indoor Radiator Springs Racers variant
2 rides for Star Wars
Great Movie Ride replacement

If the "DCA level investment" numbers (i.e. $1.2-1.5B) for DHS -- not including Star Wars -- that insiders have reported are correct, then I'd find it hard to believe that we'd only be getting TSPL (3 flat rides, albeit seemingly good ones), one Cars attraction and a GMR redo plus ancillary offerings (food, merch). Even including BAH removal, how could that possibly get to $1.2B? Even at Disney's inflated prices, that seems hard to believe. The FLE cost $400-500M and featured almost as much as that.

Either Star Wars is included in that price or there has got to be more to the Pixar expansion that what @RSoxNo1 has suggested. I know everyone has been kinda tight lipped on this, but @marni1971 @Lee @articos can anyone comment on whether the listed lineup is really the plan?

Wikkler

Seriously, a Disney themed Dave And Buster's? What part of all kinds of yes don't they get.
Um... here's how it can go wrong...
Chuck-E.-Cheese-Sells-Out.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
If the "DCA level investment" numbers (i.e. $1.2-1.5B) for DHS -- not including Star Wars -- that insiders have reported are correct, then I'd find it hard to believe that we'd only be getting TSPL (3 flat rides, albeit seemingly good ones), one Cars attraction and a GMR redo plus ancillary offerings (food, merch). Even including BAH removal, how could that possibly get to $1.2B? Even at Disney's inflated prices, that seems hard to believe. The FLE cost $400-500M and featured almost as much as that.

Either Star Wars is included in that price or there has got to be more to the Pixar expansion that what @RSoxNo1 has suggested. I know everyone has been kinda tight lipped on this, but @marni1971 @Lee @articos can anyone comment on whether the listed lineup is really the plan?
All I can say is that when I heard that budget, it included Star Wars. What Star Wars presence that exactly means...I dont know.

YodaMan

All I can say is that when I heard that budget, it included Star Wars. What Star Wars presence that exactly means...I dont know.

Maybe the budget just included Phase 1 of Star Wars stuff? The numbers thrown around seem too high for just Pixar and some refurbs, but too low for the entirety of what's planned for the park. So maybe that number was just the "quick stuff" like Pixar and the hat and the simple rumored stuff for Star Wars (like converting Backlot and moving JTA), and the bigger Star Wars stuff like new rides falls into its own separate budget that comes as a later project?

articos

Only comment for the moment is anything Star Wars that may or may not be planned for the parks is very different from what it was 6 months ago, and is very much work in progress.

doctornick

Only comment for the moment is anything Star Wars that may or may not be planned for the parks is very different from what it was 6 months ago, and is very much work in progress.

Well, I don't think any of us are expecting any Star Wars stuff any time soon.

To be honest, I'm actually more curious about the Pixar side of stuff. I'm just having a hard time believing that with all potential land around Pixar Place and all the problems DHS has with a dearth of "family friendly" attractions that all we would get are 3 flat rides and one Cars dark ride. Even if the latter is E-ticket awesome, that seems fairly weak for a $1.2B or more makeover for the park IMHO.

I understand the idea of doing TSPL first to increase the ride count/capacity in a park that needs it and provide some rides for the younger set. By why wouldn't there be some plans for a Monsters Inc ride or Incredibles or Rataouille etc.? Or even more than one Cars attractions? The park is screaming for some dark rides.

Perhaps I'm just being really naive in thinking that with a giant footprint from the old Backlot Tour (and from LMA if that gets torn down as well) and a healthy budget, that Pixar Place would actually be developed quite a bit.

SirLink

That sounds bad. Kinda like when entertainment companies try and swerve its fanbase for kicks.

Last edited:

NormC

I doubt that GMR is going anywhere in the near future. I am sure TCM would not have signed on to refresh and sponsor an attraction that was slated to be closed. Of course it could be temporary like the BAH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom