Toy Story Playland

Disneyhead'71

That's interesting. I was going off of info I had heard back in the summer. Is this a result of some of UNIs cost cutting that Spirit hinted at or was it always going to be this size?
No, same as it has always been. But the thing is, it is about the size of BB park+ it's parking lot. WonderSea won't have any on site parking. Everyone will park at the CityWalk garages and catch a bus. But keep in mind that it will be within walking distance of Uni's 3 largest resort hotels. Imagine if BB or TL were within an easy walk from AoA, Pop, and Dixie Landing.

dstrawn9889

No, same as it has always been. But the thing is, it is about the size of BB park+ it's parking lot. WonderSea won't have any on site parking. Everyone will park at the CityWalk garages and catch a bus. But keep in mind that it will be within walking distance of Uni's 3 largest resort hotels. Imagine if BB or TL were within an easy walk from AoA, Pop, and Dixie Landing.
show your age there disneyhead... it has been 14 years since it was called 'dixie landing'

twebber55

Sorry, I had stepped out and was not able to immediately respond.

To be clear, I was speaking mainly in regard to what they have done with the Harry Potter franchise. And as most people know me on these threads by now, I am a HUGE Disney fanatic and am not a UNI lover. However, I also try to be fair and give credit where credit is due. DA is simply incredible - and I don't even buy into the hype for Gringott's. But from an immersive experience standpoint, it is absolutely top notch. And WWOHP was also a hit. Also, the addition of Cabana Bay is helping to reset the bar as far as value resorts are concerned.

I also believe that Transformers, Minion Mayhem, and the new Kong ride really add to the rest of the park. And all rumors point towards a fantastic water park that I have heard is as large as both TL and BB together.

The big point of my argument is that UNI will soon be able to deliver a full week long vacation experience…at LESS than the current cost of a WDW vacation when staying on site. The only way for WDW to keep their ridiculous lead in market share over UNI, and keep their current price structures, will be to build amazing new expansions/experiences at their parks. DHS is a place where they can up their game. On a recent Jim Hill podcast, he mentioned that Disney is not kidding around with their Star Wars Land concepts for DHS. I believe Spirit also mentioned in his latest thread that there is a possibility for WDW to be introducing cutting edge experiences into that part of the DHS expansion over the next 5 years. I just don't want them to go cheap on their Pixar franchises. And they shouldn't with the money that this global entertainment company nets annually. I just want them to up their game and with the goings on in DAK, DHS stands a great chance of becoming a true, world class theme park experience. And if a Pixar Place expansion is the first step, I don't want a simple carbon copy of Toy Story Playland. I want something much more than that.
Uni needs another park to make it a full week resort
I do think WDW will be very different in about 5 years, but so will Uni...it should be fun

twebber55

yeah I think the new water park will be a home run for Uni and will probably lead all water parks in attendance

flyerjab

yeah I think the new water park will be a home run for Uni and will probably lead all water parks in attendance

This is what will potentially change the landscape in terms of how much time you will spend at which resort area more, WDW or UNI. Up until now, I personally did not consider UNI worth an entire 5 to 7 day vacation. Add a monster water park, more attractions in the 2 theme parks, more accommodations, and now WDW will be in a bind, especially from a cost perspective. WDW might be viewed as cost prohibitive if it kept the status quo.

Now, MK has been expanded with work ongoing, DS is being changed dramatically, DAK is getting improvements everywhere - including Avatar. Now add killer additions/expansions to DHS. That can counteract what UNI is doing. But it has to be exceptional to argue the price difference between the 2 competitors.

Disneyhead'71

Exciting stuff :) LotR or Star Trek? Maybe we should start a new thread in the Uni section.
Nah, I'm not ready to get this rumor rolling officially, but this is what I heard.
1BIG.jpg

orlando678-

You may be talking about counter service specifically, but it's hard to imagine a dining location that could be more "successful" than Be Our Guest. don't know what the revenue numbers are like though.

This is partly true, but there are many other possibilities for immersive restaurants. Think about Les Poissons restaurant for example inside prince Eric's castle, Lucky Cat Cafe, Tiana's palace or Elsa's ice palace.

Sped2424

This is partly true, but there are many other possibilities for immersive restaurants. Think about Les Poissons restaurant for example inside prince Eric's castle, Lucky Cat Cafe, Tiana's palace or Elsa's ice palace.
Tiana's Place would be the most fitting of these to get a resturant in my opinion. It was her dream and it's so strange that she hasn't gotten her restaurant yet.

RSoxNo1

I find TSMMs extra capacity worrying. Or more it's placement.

It looks like soundstage one is a go. If so that's an awful lot of real estate fronting Mickey Av with nothing to see. Pixar Place is a narrow, bland corridor with just one attraction as it is.
If planned correctly though it could be a new home for Christmas lights.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If that is the argument for Springfield, then no one should fault Disney for creating Toy Story Playland as I am sure they will be quite pleased with the results of their modest investment
Just curious, How would TSP increase F&B sales by 200%?(Which TWDC would take in a heartbeat even if it meant building an extremely subpar TSP in O-Town)

orlando678-

Well I'm very curious to see what Pixar, Lucas, Henson and so on will do to the park. Especially with Pixar, I wonder what they will do with it. If they want to increase the amount of visitors then I personally think something Incredibles and/ or Monsters. inc would be great, though these TSP ideas sound pretty good too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom