Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

roj2323

We were discussing this in another thread. There isn't much space between the coaster and the garage to build something to hide it, and I don't think they could play trees dense enough in that space. I think they may cover the whole side of the parking structure with a background mural of some sort and then put some trees in front of it.

An aluminum overlay similar to the Disney Springs garages just more solid in appearance. They could make it look like a fence but you are probably right about it more likely being a mural of some sort.

HiYa Pal

I can't imagine the RC racer Swinging ship esque ride would be that expensive to build nor would it take up that much space. I certainly wouldn't be opposed for that being thrown in, 800 people an hour is helpful, while admittedly not ideal.

I think it's more of a height issue than anything else, they aren't going to even consider something that's might ruin sightlines for Star Wars Land. Everything planned for this area is relatively low, they're even removing the hot air balloon from Muppets and they took down the end of SOA that was taller than the rest that's staying.

El Grupo

Though it wouldn't be my first preference, I would like to see, at least, a couple of Bugs Land-like attractions themed to Toy Story included. IMO, some additional, simple diversions in this area would seem to help.

Atomicmickey

I did a quick search, forgive me if this has been covered, but when TSL is open,
what happens to Pixar Place? Anyone know? Does it become backstage?

Unplugged

ok trees don't work. This is a land where you are supposed to be toy sized in his back yard. The trees would have to be HUGE to keep the effect going. My guess will be some kind of fake wall, maybe to look like fence or some such?
Disney Corp & Imagineering are based in Cali, they can grab some baby Giant Redwoods. That'd scale well, though by the time they grew, WDW will either be an island or underwater from the great ice melt. Of course, the downside is those trees would make a hell-of-crash if a hurricane of any real magnitude struck! :D

Dr.GrantSeeker

Toy Story Land already has a Dark Ride.

EDIT: Just realized that [insert name here] already replied with the same comment ;)

Doesn't mean it couldn't get a better one too.

That's a shame. I would love a 3rd attraction, that's not TSMM...
Still excited for the new land anyways. Even though as I think about it now, other than when I experience TSL for the first time, I probably will never spend my time there after the fact.

Kman101

Did anyone actually expect another dark ride on top of Toy Story Mania? I don't really coun't TSM as "dark ride" per say. You ride around in a warehouse and shoot at screens. Zzzzzz. I know people eat it up like it's the best ride ever but it isn't ... The queue is better than the ride, which seems to be what WDW does best these days.

Fact is, we need much more than what we're getting. Just a dark ride wouldn't solve the problems and I'd rather they put a dark ride with another IP elsewhere since they can and should improve TSM.

Dan Deesnee

Any more updates on the budget for Toy Story Land getting cut? I know it was speculated when the new concept art appeared to show less than the original concept art. Would be a shame if they did slash the budget on this. HS really needs a major boost, not a half assed "land".

Slowjack

Any more updates on the budget for Toy Story Land getting cut? I know it was speculated when the new concept art appeared to show less than the original concept art. Would be a shame if they did slash the budget on this. HS really needs a major boost, not a half assed "land".
You can think of the Studios as getting both. Star Wars Land will be a major boost, and Toy Story Land will be half-assed. It's not what I would prefer, but you can see the thinking; TSL's rides will be popular and (relatively) cheap. SWL will bring the wow factor and (one hopes) remind everyone what Disney can do when they put their minds to it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

upload_2016-12-4_13-38-51.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom