Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They should have expanded it. It had a lot of potential. There would finally be a place to put the Pixar Properties in a place where they don't interfere with the other parks . but no, Now we will have more Monsters in Tomorrowland, Nemo in the Seas Rattatoiille in
France etc. etc.

Why should the studio that made the movie have any impact on where it fits thematically?

HMF

Why should the studio that made the movie have any impact on where it fits thematically?
The park is called Disney's Hollywood STUDIOS.
Here is what I would do.
Animation Courtyard- which would be themed to the Hyperion Avenue Studio
Pixar Studios- All Pixar
Lucasfilm -Star Wars and Indy
Muppets Studio_Muppets Courtyard.
Solve the parks identity problems in a FAR more efficient way.

huwar18

Here is what I would do.
Pixar Studios- All Pixar

The sad thing is that is too obvious for Disney (IMO). I often wondered why Disney never thought or acted on that. Hollywood Studios would still be a relevant name if they set-up the park that way. It makes a lot of sense.

huwar18

Dude we get it, everything Disney does is wrong, I have my reservations as well when it comes to this land but let's wait and see.

Honestly, I don't think that is the point. I wish we had more insight on their planning process. It just seems like Disney does not plan for the future. At some point, IP lands become irrelevant. We will probably end up with Toy Story 10 to make sure the land stays relevant.

Winter

Sure, that's why it is being torn out no longer to exist, because it was a great success. Pixar place had nothing to do with it, it was Toy Story that made it work. That part is still remaining. Pixar Place = History!
Wait, Pixar Place is gonna be entirely gone???

lazyboy97o

Here is what I would do.
Pixar Studios- All Pixar
Subsidiary is not a theme. Such an organization has nothing to do with story and experience.

HMF

It has nothing to do with the Magic Kingdom. Nothing related to story would connect the rides. The connections are all external ownership. That is an amusement park, not a themed experience.
I don't believe in the "Story Mantra" As a matter of fact Mission Cashgrab brings the contrived backstory problem to new levels.

lazyboy97o

I don't believe in the "Story Mantra" As a matter of fact Mission Cashgrab brings the contrived backstory problem to new levels.
If you actually understood the "story mantra" you would know it has nothing to do with my statement. Themed entertainment is a storytelling medium and a single, specific, linear narrative is not the only way in which to tell a story with the medium.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom