Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RonnieHare

This was the concept art for TSL in Paris :

tspl_conceptart.jpg

Looked good, But the final result is a horrfically cheap 'six flags' type area.

F201111180832433132011081.jpg

This area just ruins DLP for me. No immersive theming, cheap attractions, out of place - really really horrible and cheap.

No Name

This was the concept art for TSL in Paris :

tspl_conceptart.jpg

Looked good, But the final result is a horrfically cheap 'six flags' type area.

F201111180832433132011081.jpg

This area just ruins DLP for me. No immersive theming, cheap attractions, out of place - really really horrible and cheap.

I think there's a lot of nice theming. Sure they are small, cheap attractions, but pretty much every ounce is themed except for the bluish bar fence around the Slinky Dog Spin. Definitely better theming than anything I've seen at any Six Flags. And the final product looks better than the concept art, for both parks. So I respectfully disagree with everything you said. :)

My only complaint is that all three rides are small carnival-style rides, which is why I'm glad DHS is getting the roller coaster. Even though a dark ride would've been better.

dagobert

I think there's a lot of nice theming. Sure they are small, cheap attractions, but pretty much every ounce is themed except for the bluish bar fence around the Slinky Dog Spin. Definitely better theming than anything I've seen at any Six Flags. And the final product looks better than the concept art, for both parks. So I respectfully disagree with everything you said. :)

My only complaint is that all three rides are small carnival-style rides, which is why I'm glad DHS is getting the roller coaster. Even though a dark ride would've been better.

TSPL isn't as bad as many think. Sure the rides are cheap, but the land overall doesn't look so bad at WDSP. In fact, since the land is built into a forrest it looks very nice during summer. And during the cold and grey winter time the bright colours of the attractions make the miniland look nice. The land is very popular with families, because kids really seem to like it. The lines are usually quite long, especially for the Parachute Drop and RC Racer. Especially smaller kids, who can't ride ToT yet, like the parachute drop. As for RC Racer, that half pipe coaster is also a lot of fun for adults. We always have to ride it.

TSPL definitely isn't Disney's best work, but given the context that it got built in the concrete desert that is WDSP, it is a nice little colourful addition. As I mentioned before the rides are cheap carnival rides, but Disney parks have always been home to cheap carnnival rides, however I admit that most of them are better themed than the ones at TSPL. I would rather have seen something different there, but now I made my peace with it and can enjoy the land, especially RC Racer.

Fox&Hound

In looking at the concept art of Toy Story Land, I'm super excited for the open feeling of the land. DHS suffers, in my opinion, on an aesthetic level due to the giant warehouse buildings and narrow walkways. I can't wait until they close off the current entrance to TSMM and reroute guests into this expansive, open area. With trees and grasses and wide pathways I think this area will do a lot to change guest perception of the park and help it move away from the studios feel that always resulted in a claustrophobic feeling. Now if we can only get more water features =)

Phicinfan

I would hope Disney knows that they need to speed up construction and spend less money, but provide an exceptional experience.
I kind of chuckle when I see this. We have a famous saying around our work.

Every project they want three things, Faster, Cheaper and Better. You can only deliver two at a time.
If you want faster and cheaper, it won't be better
If you want Better and cheaper it won't be faster
If you want better and faster it won't be cheaper.....

It applies to most things in life....:)

dhall

I kind of chuckle when I see this. We have a famous saying around our work.

Every project they want three things, Faster, Cheaper and Better. You can only deliver two at a time.
If you want faster and cheaper, it won't be better
If you want Better and cheaper it won't be faster
If you want better and faster it won't be cheaper.....

It applies to most things in life....:)
Problem is, Disney's decided that two out of three is just too much to expect of them; they're willing to settle for one, and we all know which it is

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom