Tortuga

Barbosa

Original Poster
I'm new to the forum. This is my first post. I've been to WDW 5 times and thought I knew quite a bit about the parks...until now when I happened upon this forum. :jawdrop: I was just there last month, Sep 20th - Sep 27th 2014. I always go around those dates and was able to have lunch at Tortuga Tavern the other years. But for some reason, it was closed during those dates this year. I know it is seasonal, but I don't see why this year it was closed during this time. Anyone have an idea how the operating dates work for Tortuga Tavern?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

It seems rather random when it is open and closed. I'm sure it is related to forecasted numbers, but for guests there seems no way to predict its operating status, other than visiting at known busy times.

Ember

I'm new to the forum. This is my first post. I've been to WDW 5 times and thought I knew quite a bit about the parks...until now when I happened upon this forum. :jawdrop: I was just there last month, Sep 20th - Sep 27th 2014. I always go around those dates and was able to have lunch at Tortuga Tavern the other years. But for some reason, it was closed during those dates this year. I know it is seasonal, but I don't see why this year it was closed during this time. Anyone have an idea how the operating dates work for Tortuga Tavern?
We always go in the Spring and some years it's open and some it's not. I think it depends on the volume in the parks. The crowds may have been unusually low so they kept it closed. I was actually glad it was closed this last time because we found Pecos Bill's. Had never eaten there before and it was yummy!

Pixie VaVoom

I'd like to be in Tortuga right now!! I am having to order a ton of infectious protective gear for the hospital I work at...and I could use something with RUM !!!

tlev

I was there last week and it was open. That was the first time I'd seen it open in October. The only other time I saw it open was in June 2012.

PhilharMagician

A few years ago we randomly found Adventureland Veranda open and serving food. That does not happen often, but this was about a week before Christmas and they were probably training.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom