Top 5 attractions that need to go

JIMINYCR

1. Speedway
2. All of Dinoland except Dinosaur ( An area of cheap rides that never was up to Disney quality )
3. Swiss Family Treehouse
4. Stitch ( Ugggh...
5. Tom Sawyer Island ( Even though I enjoy the peacefulness of the area it's a large space could be utilized for lots of exciting things.)

JS514

1. Stitch (obviously)

2. Magic Carpets...It's literally the same thing as Dumbo and wastes a ton of space in Adventureland. Either replace or remove completely and have some open space in that congested area.

3. Either Swiss Family Robinson or Tom Sawyer....I don't want to put both on the list, because sometimes it is pretty nice to be able to let the kids do something that we don't have to really wait in line for. So keep one, ditch the other.

4. Journey into Imagination... Nostalgia does set in hard when riding this ride, I will always love it (even through the changes) because of just that -- nostalgia. But...let's be honest. That huge area that could have something so much better.

5. Enchanted Tales with Belle - I know I will probably catch a little flak for this one. It's actually a cool idea and we usually make a stop there at least once a trip. But, with the crowd issue at MK, it just doesn't seem feasible for an attraction with such little capacity to be right in the middle of the busiest land. Again, I think it's a pretty good attraction, so I would actually hate to see it go, especially since it's fairly new. Even if they just added a couple more elements, it could raise capacity and make all that space useful.

EDIT: I have actually never ridden Ellen because I have always felt it probably wasn't worth my time. Therefore, it is an honorable mention.

Last edited:

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
YMMV, but for me personally:

1 - Speedway (doesn't fit with Tomorrowland theme)
2 - Stitch (what is this even?)
3 - Mission to Mars (just hate it)
4 - Ellen (Outdated)
5 - Journey to Imagination (Just lost it's fascination)

turtles221

1. Stitch, waste of space and time at this point
2. Country Bear Jamboree, stupid and annoying imo, either needs to be removed or updated
3. Mission: Space, not a fan
4. Ellen's Energy Adventure, boring
5. The Figment ride, boring in my opinion

Please don't get rid of the speedway I love it in all honesty. Also the Carousel of Progress could use a major update because I'm pretty sure we're more advanced than the last scene

Rowlet

1. Stitch's Great Escape (Just, no. Plus I LOVED Alien Encounter.)
2. Ellen's Energy Adventure (I love Ellen and I loved this ride when it was updated but it's just been way too long.)
3. Mission: Space (Personally I dislike it because of the motion sickness, but I feel a lot of other people just feel Horizons was much better, including myself, and the space can be used better.)
4. Circle of Life (Never been on it because it never attracted me or my family and I'll take everyone's word that it needs to go or updated.)
5. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (As Hollywood Studious moves away from being a park about movie production, I just feel that the space can be better utilized for a dark ride or some other attraction.)

LJF

All that CoP needs is a minor update on the final scene with the teens having their phones glued to their faces posting on Facebook and Twitter and BAM! Updated to current times.

geekza

I know I'm not going to make friends with a couple on my list. :)

(In no particular order)
1. Stitch. Heck, I actually do miss Mission to Mars compared to this one.
2. Journey Away from Any Sort of Imagination, Featuring Figment's ADHD Cousin. I'm old and miss my Dreamfinder.
3. Space Mountain. /Dodges rotten fruit being thrown. Honestly, I've always felt it was kind of lame. I know I'm in the tiny minority.
4. Ellen. Sigh, I love the ride vehicles and the old fogey in me loves pretending I'm back in 1983 going through the dinosaur part, but it's a bit of an embarrassment now. Forget bringing in the Guardians, though. Epcot needs to go back to being EPCOT. (I know it never will. Get off my lawn. :) )
5. Both DHS and DAK. The entire parks. DHS doesn't have a purpose any longer and DAK just kind of bored me. Neither were ever well-thought-out parks. They were reactions to other companies, rather than parks that other companies wanted to emulate.

Don't you dare get rid of my beloved Carousel of Progress or Tiki Birds, though. Yes, CoP needs an update BADLY, but it's the kind of classic Disney entertainment that is missing from so many new, fast-paced attractions. As for the Tiki Birds, they tried to update them once before. We all know what happened then. Let us not speak of it again. Just leave it alone and let me sit in it by myself and slowly wrinkle away surrounded by glorious old-school animatronics.

The Empress Lilly

1 Circustent land. Poor Dumbo is lost and orphaned here, Barnstormer is just junk
2 Aladdin's Magic Crapfest. Ruins a land
3 Princess Fairytale Hell. Just put back Snow White's Adventures and flog whoever were responsible for removing it
4 Enchanted Tales with Cancun Conchita. Embarrassing kiddie theatre, a mere Kodak moment taken too far
5 Pus Lightyear

Anybody who wants to touch the Treehouse can join the flogging.

graphite1326

1. Stitch
2. Circle of life
3. Chester & Hester's Primeval Whirl
4. Frozen Ever After ride. The showcase is supposed to be about Norway not a Disney movie. I hate it.
5. Innoventions: Just do something with it already.

MaryJaneP

Stitch
Speedway
Magic Carpets
Ellen
Journey into Imagination

Maybe they could replace speedway with a drive-your-own-submarine 20,000 Leagues revival. Tomorrowland, really? More like Ancientland! Since the vehicle "steers" itself on the rail the vehicle sits atop, why even include a steering wheel? Just give line denizens some magic mushrooms. Yeah, they will steer anything with a "steering wheel".

If anything belongs consigned to a museum, it is an attraction (?) (speedway) that indoctrinates youngsters to continue wasteful (money & fossil fuel) habits. It may have been the way we were, but generations past had no cars, cellphones, internet, etc. and they seemed to have done just fine. Yeah, we have all of those but our kids had to wait until they achieved sufficient age when they needed and would benefit from our providing those. Do any sentient adults ride speedway on their own? (Soapbox rant concluded)

DfromATX

I have to say I'm surprised at all the Swiss Family Treehouse hate! I like it and one time I even made my whole family watch the movie so they'd know what it was about. Well, poo! For me, we all hated the Tiki Bird Lounge, thought it was incredibly stupid. And in all our trips, I have yet to see the Ellen thing so I can't judge there. Also, I'm not fond of the kiddie area, like the tea cups and Aladin, but we just skip those. I wouldn't want them removed because of the children that enjoy them.

Chef Mickey

This is a delicate topic. If by closed, you mean updated...maybe. I essentially think Disney should never be in the business of "closing" attractions because they need as many attractions as they can get. I'd rather them update the concept than to put Frozen in Maelstrom's place. Or close Snow White for a Meet and Greet.

WDW has plenty of space and there is room for classics like the Tiki Room. Other people view other rides as classics. I think the top 5 rides needing updates (but not completely closed or replaced with something radically different are)

1) Stitch (Alien Encounter returns)...much more on theme and was actually pretty terrifying
2) Tomorrowland Speedway - This could be replaced with a futuristic car/transportation of the future themed attraction that didn't make lawn mowing sounds and smell like gasoline.
3) Monsters Laugh Floor - Moved to Hollywood Studios, but not closed. Maybe new writing and put something more like the Timekeeper there.
4) Ellen's Energy Adventure. Keep exactly the same concept but update the information, add new scenes, and making it relevant for today's energy needs. It's still an amazing ride with huge potential. Dinosaurs make it very cool.
5) All of Dinoland's area needs a re-theme. This is probably the only area I consider disposable since they didn't even do what they said they were going to do with it anyway and it was band-aid. With Pandora, they can get to work on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom