Top 5 attractions that need to go

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
What are the top 5 attractions in your opinion that just need to be removed from the parks now? (Not "updated" but completely removed) Why? Outdated? Too intense? Too boring? Just a personal disconnection between you and the attraction?

1. Circle of Life: An Environmental Tale (Outdated)
2. Mission: Space (Generally my least favorite attraction on property)
3. Path of the Jedi/Star Wars Launch Bay (Not a star wars fan, so these mean nothing to me. I want Magic of Disney Animation back.)
4. Enchanted Tiki Room (Throw your rotten tomatoes at me. It's boring. It hasn't aged well with modern society.)
5. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (I like this show, but I kind of want to see a new big scale musical in here. Similar to how they created a musical for Finding Nemo... Maybe a musical for Meet the Robinsons. That'd be amazing!)

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry, but, none of the above mentioned attractions "need to go"! What needs to happen is for you not to go to them. See, sometimes simple solutions are the best way to solve problems. You don't go... you're happy. The rest of us still get to go and we are happy. It's a wonderful life. The other plus is the things that you like, that we don't, get to stay as well, really there is no end to the cumulative joy.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Come on! Have you watched those totem poles on the back of the walls during the Tiki Room show? They're hilarious! I laugh the whole time. And I'm a big Monster Inc Laugh Floor fan so I disagree with you.

I would have to say my choices would be:
1. Speedway - Such a waste of space
2. Ellen's Universe - outdated
3. Stitch ride/nightmare - nothing fun about this attraction at all
4. Circle of life - I agree with you there
5. Swiss Family Tree house - I would have liked to see them reimagined it to a Tarzan theme

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

1. Speedway - Huge waste of space
2. Ellen - Outdated and irrelevant
3. SGE - Its infamy precludes it.
4. Imagination - I honestly don't care what replaces this (as long as it's still a dark ride), just want this to go already.
5. Space Ranger Spin - Nothing major against this ride, just not a fan and think there's greater potential for something else in this space.

Retroman40

Put me in the "Fix/Update" school.

The Circle of Life is absolutely outdated. I think a much better solution would be to update it using the characters from "The Lion Guard" I can recall the days in the 90's when you had to queue up and wait for a show and the theater was often full. As for the "Retroland" Speedway, I have this vision (more likely a delusion) of electric powered vehicles with wind turbines and solar panels in the infield and a "choice" of wind or solar power (even if the panels/turbines were pure props). As for Ellen; only 4 types of people ride it now - First time visitors, nostalgia buffs, people who need a nap and people looking to get out of the heat/humidity for a while. Personally I'd love to see an update where Ellen and Jamie Lee Curtis have to get together to solve some problem but anything would be an improvement. Imagination in its present form just doesn't get it. Just like Ellen about anything would be an improvement.

I do agree about the Laugh Floor though - even though I like it a lot it just doesn't "fit" (neither does the Buzz Lightyear ride for that matter) and belongs at DHS.

Maybe the Enchanted Tiki Room hasn't aged well but at least it fits where it's located.

BigRedDad

Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Innoventions - Its OK for kids, but a lot of useful space wasted
Indiana Jones - Outdated show
All the wasted space where herd separation can be added. Simple rides like teacups can be added to thin out herds.

aw14

Ill retitle this to the top 5 that need an overhaul

1. Stitch
2. Speedway
3. Tree House
4. Ellen
5. Circle of Life

chrisd68

In no particular order:

1. Stitch (oh how I miss Alien Encounter)
2. Ellen (a shorter version would have been more appealing)
3. Speedway (only because the space could be used for something better and it's now looking dated)
4. Circle of Life
5. Dinoland (never understood how this was a 'fit' with AK)

DisneyJunkie

I'd probably go with (in no particular order):

1. Tomorrowland Speedway - A complete waste of space with no connection to the Tomorrowland or Fantasyland theming

2. Stitch's Great Escape - Another example of a poor attraction in that location. Everything put in that space has just been awful.

3. Swiss Family Treehouse - A complete waste of space based on an attraction nobody really cares or talks about much today.

4. Circle of Life - BORING!

5. Jungle Cruise - Extremely outdated animatronics and terrible (as in not funny at all) jokes from the skippers make this a waste of time that just needs to go.

Honorable Mentions:
Ellen's Energy Adventure
All of Dino-Rama at AK
Journey Into Your Imagination
Indiana Jones Stunt Show (needs to be replaced with the ride)
Tom Sawyer Island
Country Bear Jamboree

Last edited:

Since1976

5. Carousel of Progress - One of my favorite WDW rides, but I hate to see it age. This either needs an evergreen update or placement in a Disney history museum.

4. Mission: Space: One and done for me. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. All that tech wasted (note that no other similar rides -- at least not popular ones -- have popped up in the years since).

3. Journey into Your Imagination - "Hey, let's take a wondrous, stimulating ride set in an amorphous dream world and replace it with a tech demo set within the walls and hallways of an institute!"

2. Ellen's Energy Adventure - Awesome ride system, huge theater, but least interesting use of all the technology possible. Use those giant screens for something thrilling.

1. Stitch's Great Escape - Sure, they made a scary attraction more family-friendly and saved a few bucks by keeping the same show system. But it's still no fun to be (apparently) restrained and in the dark.

Last edited:

DisneyPrincess5

One of the only attraction that I would really, REALLY like to see updated is Universe of Energy. It's so long, so boring, so old. That is such great and large space that I'd love to see used better. Ellen is so front and center nowadays in the media and to see her in the movie emphasizes how old and stale it is. I have read rumors here that it's being made over eventually to be a Guardians of the Galaxy coaster which I hope will be amazing. It
could really liven up Future World.

KBLovedDisney

Maybe not attractions that need to go, but here are some I would love to see reinvented:

1. CoP; Absolutely love this ride but you can clearly see how old it is with the story line.
2. SGE; this one is obvious. It was never the same since they got rid of Alien Encounter (which even at 12 years old, I loved).
3. Speedway; another given. It is too low-key old-theme-park-of-the-past style
4. UoE: Now this one just needs a story change. I still find the ride system fascinating.
5. Mission Space: Give us back Horizons. There. I said it.

John C. Shepherd

1. Stiches Great Escape, Please go back to Skippy(Alien encounter) and update it.
2. Speedway - refurb it, my kids love this ride and so do I but needs updated.
3. Mission: Space - update it, neat ride.
4. Ellen's Energy Adventure - Refurb or replace
5. Circle of Life needs updated, like one Poster said use Lion Guard, you will get tons of kids.

StarshipDisney

Glad to see this thread going well, but I am surprised there is not more flaming going on here. I don't post much here because I have learned from experience on this forum that if you say anything negative...

Just my opinion but I could not agree more that some attractions are outdated and need upgrade or replacement. My list only has three:

1) Tomorrowland Speedway. Just get rid of it. Disney can do better. The car seemingly cannot be steered and just bangs from side to side on the guide rail. No fun at all.
2) Ellen's Energy Adventure. The film with the game show is better than the ride.
3) Stitch's Great Escape. Never liked it from day 1. Did it twice to give it a chance, never since. Mission to the moon was better.

becca_

Stitch - neeeeeeeds a replacement, it's the worst attraction on property IMO
Speedway - it shows its age so much
Country Bear Jamboree (this is such a creepy show to me)
Dinoland - but keep Dinosaur somehow :inlove:
Innoventions - a shell of what it once was (seems fitting to be in Epcot)

Willmark

1. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
1. Ellen's Energy Adventure
1. Stich
1. Imagination
1. carousel of progress- belongs in s museum now IMO.

And yes I intentionally placed them all as ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom