Too Casual attire at WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its all a matter of how you want to dress. My wife wont allow me out in public in a T-shirt, it always has to have a collar. Depending on the weather I'm either in leather boots,slacks, and a Disney jacket or shorts and walking shoes.

JasonDeyoung

I've stayed in almost every resort and in all honestly the dress wear isn't really even any different from resort to resort. I dress very casual, it's hot you want to be comfortable. I do bring other outfits for say going out to a nice dinner or drinks or whatever the mood or event. But asfot dressing different just because if of the resort, my opinion it doesn't matter. I've never been looked at, now if I was walking around in a speedo that'd be a different story. Just wear what you like or are comfortable with. My avg outfit is flip flops, shorts and t shirt sometimes a polo

Fantasmic

i'm another circus clown... (so offensive tbh, way to go insulting creativity through make up artistry but hey ho) I only think what people wear at the park is a problem if they look like "people of walmart" which I'm sure you don't

psukardi

As long as you're not wearing something obscene I doubt anyone is going to care. I've stayed at the BC and the GF numerous times and for me at least, I'm so into the vacation that I don't even notice how others are dressed. Typically it's shorts, a nice t-shirt and some nice sandals. If I'm going to dinner I'll swap into a polo and freshen up.

Like others said - it's a vacation. Enjoy it

seahawk7

I'll put it this way, I don't go on vacation just to dress up. My vacation is my unwind time. As long as I'm not wearing a "who farted?" t-shirt then people shouldn't worry about it.
Remember the Yoda shirt where Yoda says, "pull my finger?" That would be ok since it's Star Wars themed no? :D

LucyK

I'm not a circus clown because I choose to wear make-up, if it makes me feel good about myself, why not? You ask people not to judge you but is actually judging others and calling them out when you talk like they are beneath you because they choose to adhere to a certain way of dressing.

acishere

I wear a t-short, shorts, and flip flops to the parks. I'll put on a pair of nice pants, a polo, and shoes for dinner at one of the resorts. When we tour around WS at Epcot I'll dress nicer too (Polo and shorts) since I think the dining atmosphere there deserves it and I usually do the same if I hung out anywhere like the drinking establishments they have there.

Florida is hot and humid, so dress for that. You can look nice in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops if you bring ones that don't look dumpy or have vulgar slogans on them.

Last edited:

Goofnut1980

You can wear whatever you like...just make sure it fits.. lol... So many people don't care what they look like and some are down-right slobs. It was great you asked and got a feel for what people wear. We are AKL DVC and we are jeans/shorts, tshirts/polo kind of people. The only thing we dont wear is clothes with logos or sayings. I personally don't like seeing pictures of me with a big ol logo on the shirt or some crazy saying..

I_heart_Tigger

I wear skirts and dresses with biking shorts underneath. they are comfortable, cool and with the shorts, no accidental over exposures during a breezy period.

I wear makeup as well, I like having nice photos and I like the way I look with makeup. Unlike your wife I don't call people names who choose not to wear makeup. If I were you I'd worry less about how other people would judge you and maybe advise your wife it isn't very nice to judge other people.

Also if she looks like a circus clown with makeup on, she's doing it wrong.

skyphotographer

More important than what you take is that you take lots of what you like to wear. A shower and change into dry clothing always makes me feel better in the middle of the day. It will be HUMID!!

Amyleigh

Just dress comfortably! I wore a Disney shirt and shorts everyday. When it got too hot, I braided my hair and threw on a ball cap. No makeup for me! It would have melted off in the heat/humidity anyway. As long as clothes are clean and cover all areas that need to be covered, I say wear what you want!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Circus clowns at WDW???? I just can't get that vision out of my head
Pennywise.jpg

AngryEyes

Khaki shorts, Hawaiian shirt, straw hat, sandals. That's my Disney wear. I'm sure some people judge me.

I'm happier than they are so they can go have relations with themselves.

Chef Mickey

Most of the issues you see are with women wearing too little or not leaving enough to the imagination. We shouldn't have to see your full underwear through your shorts or pants...it's called a thong.

Also, wear something that suits your body type and everyone will be happy.

Kuzcotopia

Original Poster
I'm not a circus clown because I choose to wear make-up, if it makes me feel good about myself, why not? You ask people not to judge you but is actually judging others and calling them out when you talk like they are beneath you because they choose to adhere to a certain way of dressing.

I am very sorry to have offended you. I wasn't trying to judge. . . It is honestly something cute that my wife says.

I will edit the original post for others, in case they also found that offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom