Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closing for a near two month refurbishment

GoofGoof

Premium Member
On our recent trip I noticed several of them our of order. The geysers, the vultures at the end, The screen that shows the characters running over the hill was torn loose from the bottom causing it to wrinkle, etc...
The vultures were working as of last week (11/20). I didn't notice the other things so I'm not sure.

nor'easter

Yeah, it's all good, and Disney truly is doing its best given the need for consensus, budgets, and technology.

Of course, that still doesn't forgive the rancid putredness that is the current TTA narration.

Rancid putridness is also the state of much of the Studios, and literally at Epcot during Food and Wine).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm one of the weird ones who claims this as my favorite attraction in the MK. Its easy to load, lasts a long time, and simply has some beautiful and peaceful views. It does need a lot of work however and I'm extremely excited to see it getting it. I am hoping for much more than a simple refurb though. It definitely needs some new and inventive show scenes, better audio, lots of paint, and some work on the actual ride system.

Same here - It's my favorite nighttime ride at the MK, Hope it gets the love it deserves during maintenance.

rct247

Is the TTA still going down for a refurb? I heard the dates have been moved to summer.

Walt Disney World website doesn't show any sign that it is. Compare times for The Barnstormer (set to be down starting Feb 3 which say "Call for availability.") with TTA which shows the normal hours it will be operating through April including February - March with no sign of closing.

My friend checked the cast Hub and it also isn't listed on the calendar for refurbishments in February or March.

Redhawk

When I was there in early January there was a big TTA shutdown and everyone on it had to be walked out and off. Thank heavens I wasn't on it, just observed everyone walking off and wondered how many were stuck in the dark tunnel portion. I was stuck on it for 20+ minutes during my visit last February (2013) and I hear this is not unusual. Why does it go down so often?

That said, I can't believe they put up walls so you can't see inside Space Mountain, and from inside SM you can see the TTA go by. That was my favorite part. Please let them fix that!

Crazydisneyfanluke

Walt Disney World website doesn't show any sign that it is. Compare times for The Barnstormer (set to be down starting Feb 3 which say "Call for availability.") with TTA which shows the normal hours it will be operating through April including February - March with no sign of closing.

My friend checked the cast Hub and it also isn't listed on the calendar for refurbishments in February or March.
Thanks for the info. I heard it might go down when Astro orbiter goes down during the summer but it hasn't been confirmed. I just could not find the thread it was in.

omurice

When I was there in early January there was a big TTA shutdown and everyone on it had to be walked out and off. Thank heavens I wasn't on it, just observed everyone walking off and wondered how many were stuck in the dark tunnel portion. I was stuck on it for 20+ minutes during my visit last February (2013) and I hear this is not unusual. Why does it go down so often?

That said, I can't believe they put up walls so you can't see inside Space Mountain, and from inside SM you can see the TTA go by. That was my favorite part. Please let them fix that!

This happened when I was walking by early Jan as well at least 20 mins it was down -- I walked by twice (before and after CoP) and no one was getting on. We might have been there on the same day! It broke down a couple of times on my Sep trip, but never for more than 5 mins. Once was during Wishes but of course I was not facing the castle. That would be a great spot for a 10-min breakdown. I think TTA stopping is routine nowadays.

Just hope they refurb not only inside the cars (the plastic cushioned seats are torn up a lot), but aslo the ride mechanism too!
I love this attraction, it's a relaxing ride and Tomorrowland looks great at night.

Redhawk

This happened when I was walking by early Jan as well at least 20 mins it was down -- I walked by twice (before and after CoP) and no one was getting on. We might have been there on the same day!

I love this attraction, it's a relaxing ride and Tomorrowland looks great at night.

January 9 by any chance? Yes, I love riding TTA at night as Tomorrowland lights come on.I timed it to ride one night while Wishes was happening and it was wonderful.

omurice

Hope OSHA does not have time to get in before TTA refurb and demand ladders and ramps every 20 feet... for "guest safety"! Or we'll end up with the R-TTA ride like in Disneyland (R-TTA is what I call the "Rusting Tomorrowland Track Attraction").

rct247

There are two types of stops: guest and mechanical. If it stops for a short period of time like a couple mins, then it is probably due to a guest. If it is stopped for more than 5 or 10 mins, it may be mechanical. You can get evac'd off for a variety of issues, but I hear one of the more common ones is if there was too many regular stops causing the trains to not be spaced out properly or backup somewhere on the track.

TTA is still planned to have a refurb this year, just not as soon as we hoped.

StageFrenzy

Hope OSHA does not have time to get in before TTA refurb and demand ladders and ramps every 20 feet... for "guest safety"! Or we'll end up with the R-TTA ride like in Disneyland (R-TTA is what I call the "Rusting Tomorrowland Track Attraction").

OSHA doesn't care about guest safety, only employees.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
OSHA doesn't care about guest safety, only employees.

OSHA does not care about employee safety, It cares about how much money it can suck out of businesses with its myriad 'penalties' make sure that guardrail is painted the 'correct' safety yellow, an inspector with a colorimeter will be around to check. Tip ask to see calibration certificate for instruments used.

DisneyGentleman

Is the TTA still going down for a refurb? I heard the dates have been moved to summer.
Given the current state of the parks, it's time to redefine our terms and lower our expectations:

Maintain - something they did decades ago to keep everything in top working order
Has now become...​
Sustain - ensure just enough is working to get folks through the attraction at a reasonable rate

Quality of show - is a park living up to the standards Walt would expect?
Has now become...​
Quality of profit - are $$ being generated at a sufficient rate?

Polish - maintain facilities in pristine condition
Has now become...​
Degrime - what can be done easily to make the place look less decrepit

Refurb - take an attraction down for an extended period to return it to pristine condition, often with many upgrades and surprises
Has now become...​
Defurb - take an attraction down for an extended period, sometimes to patch things to keep it from completely falling apart; but more often just to save operations costs

Attraction - open something so completely amazing that it will captivate audiences for years, polish it daily to keep it amazing, and then refurb on a regular schedule
Has now become...​
Profit center- open something so completely hyped that it will draw rubes to the parks and hotels for years, run it for a year or so to make it look like you tried, and then defurb it to save costs

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom