To those going the begingin of July

tikiman

To those going the begining of July

I just wanted to say Aloha and I hope to run into some of you who are going to be in WDW the beginning of July. I only started posting here not too long ago but I enjoy the people here and their intelligent and informative posts. I hope all who will be in WDW in a few weeks have a great 4th of July.

Steve

DonickCo

ill be going down from the 1st to the 19th. I’m driving down from NY and staying in the All Star Sport from the 1st to the 5th and I’m renting a house from the 9-19....going to crash at a friends house from the 6-9th. Can’t wait for the fireworks around the magic kingdom on the 4th. Ill post when i get down and maybe we can have a wdwmagic day or something...if a lot of people from the sight are down there.

-DonickCo

Upvote 0

Cheryl

4th of July fireworks

Hi all ~~
If you haven't been there for the 4th of July fireworks, you're in for a real TREAT! My family and I were down there last year for the 4th and picked the fireworks at MK to go to. They were fantastic. There is really no where in the world that you can see fireworks like that! Not only did they have the regular firework show but it was extended (longer...think it was almost 20 minutes) and instead of just beyond the castle, they were shooting them off in a circle all around the MK. Everywhere you turned, there were fireworks! It was truly amazing...gave me goosebumps and made my DH, son and myself cry. It was almost indescribable! We sat & stood in midway between the Lion King and Dumbo ride and it was just an awesome place to be. We saw the fireworks from everywhere they were shooting off. Disney sure puts a good fireworks show on, especially the 4th of July.

Word of warning though, I haven't seen any posts here yet but from what I understand from other people who went to Epcot when we went to MK, there was really nothing extra special for the 4th scheduled there. Then again, Illuminations is pretty cool anyway so maybe they figured they didn't need to do anything.

Well, hope this helps a bit. Wish we were going to be there for the 4th but a friend is having her baby that week so we made our trip to begin the 11th instead.

Have a great 4th of July down there!!! Hope we can bump into some of you as well when we get down there!:animwink:

20 day to Disney
1st ride going on is Buzz Lightyear
(My son's favorite of course!)
He turns us and his daddy an I shoot!
Cheryl:wave:

Upvote 0

Tramp

...I'll be there 6/28 thru 7/19....and who knows, maybe longer...

...we plan on doing the fireworks at the MK this year too...but two years ago they closed 3 of the 4 parks by mid afternoon because of the crowds so beware of that prospect...
...it's great to be an American at the MK on the 4th...Walt was very patriotic and you can feel that throughout the park...maybe it's just me.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneyfan123

I miss July 4th this year...... I am going for three weeks this time. We will be there from July 6th to July 27th and I cannot wait!

I hope that everyone has fantastic trips!:lol:

*only 14 days to go*
(so close i can smell it..........)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

GoCamels

ONE WEEK TO GO TILL WE HIT THE ROAD!!!

O-twn June 30-July 6th!!! And spending the 4th at MK...my wife and two boys (4 and 3) first trip to WDW. My third, but first since '87!!!

WOO-HOO!!!

Upvote 0

tikiman

Original Poster
This will be our third 4th of July in a row at WDW and every year they get bigger at the MK. We find the best viewing spot in WDW is the Polynesian beach. They shoot off the fireworks from behind the MK and they shoot them off from the islands in the Seven Seas Lagoon so you have a direct shot of them all plus they do a special version of the Electric Water Pageant at the Polynesian only during the fireworks. They do limit the viewing from the Polynesian to Polynesian resort guests only. They checked us twice and they walked around the beach asking for resort ID. It is great to sit on the beach instead of fighting the crowds for a curb to sit on in the park. The fireworks look so much better over water with the reflection. Last year the show went on for ever. We thought it was not going to end. The fireworks were so big I could not get them all into the picture with the video camera. After the show we went into the park till 1:00 AM.

See you there.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

christopher

Originally posted by Tramp
...I'll be there 6/28 thru 7/19....and who knows, maybe longer...

...we plan on doing the fireworks at the MK this year too...but two years ago they closed 3 of the 4 parks by mid afternoon because of the crowds so beware of that prospect...
...it's great to be an American at the MK on the 4th...Walt was very patriotic and you can feel that throughout the park...maybe it's just me.:sohappy:

Wow! 22 days! Are you staying at the same resort the whole time?

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by christopher

Wow! 22 days! Are you staying at the same resort the whole time?

...not a Disney resort, Chris...this year we're doing 3 weeks of timeshare...we've owned Timeshare for 20+ years just outside the Disney property so it takes only a few minutes to be inside Disney...:)

...we did multiple weeks last year at the AKL and Beach Club but it begins to get pretty expensive when you're down there that long...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom