Tiki Room Under New Management Appreciation Thread

DisneyNut2007

Original Poster
If you like the "Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management", please feel free to post here.

If you don't, please don't post in this thread.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For the most part I like the attraction. THe only thing I would change is that the birds would sing the entire song of In the Tiki room. I love that song! But overall the attraction is cute and has nice theming inside and is a great place to cool off.

WhyteAL

I think the tiki is great before and after new management...the one thing I do not like is the poppy music like using the conga melody from the miami sound machine rendition. But other than that it's cool.

I think maybe a slight refurb of the animatronics would make it more intresting. Like making the birds seem more real...IMO

jjgoo

My DW and I really liked "de cho". We didn't expect too much and actually had a lot of fun.

Long live the Tiki tiki tiki tiki room! :sohappy:

stitch131313

WoW! I didn't realize that this many people acually enjoyed the show. I agree that if they could finish the original song it would make things so much better. Maybe everyone here can come to one of my shows in there so that I wont get as many crazy looks, Hee hee. People think I'm slightly insane when I try to get people to stand up and dance at the end.

happymom52003

WoW! I didn't realize that this many people acually enjoyed the show. I agree that if they could finish the original song it would make things so much better. Maybe everyone here can come to one of my shows in there so that I wont get as many crazy looks, Hee hee. People think I'm slightly insane when I try to get people to stand up and dance at the end.

I still LOVE the tiki room, I just miss the original song so much:cry:. So I was not around on these boards when they made the change, so I missed what I am sure was a hot topic around here! I am just curious why they did not put the entire original song in? I mean it would be kind of like taking the yo ho song out of pirates:shrug:. I don't want to start a debate here! I am just curious if anyone knows what the reasoning behind taking the song out was.
Also....stich131313....I'd love to say hi to you next time I am in AL! How can we recognize you? Edit: Just realized your name tag is your avatar! We'll look for you.

WDWFigment

I find Under New Management enjoyable. I had been to the original incarnation of the attraction a few times, but I was too young to remember those visits. I do have the entire Tiki Room song on an old version of the WDW Resort Music I got off isohunt.com, and I must agree with the other posters--that song should be in the attraction in its entirety.

maelstrom

It's alright, but it'd be much better if they allowed the tiki birds to at least finish up the first song, and just got rid of Iago altogether. I do like that they have the bit about not angering the tiki gods. I could do without the conga bit. I just went in it a couple of days ago so it's fresh in my mind. I'm almost okay with them updating it, but some of it is just really obnoxious, like Iago. So, I kind of like it, somewhat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom