Tigger Punches Guest??

Wilt Dasney

But, this family has chosen to put themselves in the public eye and therefore open to ridicule by everyone, including their intellect and speech impediments.

An accent is a speech impediment? So is being from New England in the same category as having a lisp or stuttering? :lol:

askmike1

What about going to the hospital 30 some hours later?
And that shows they want money how? I'm talking about direct evidence. Something that is clear-cut.

So it's OK if it turns out to be an accidental "punch" like if the CM lost his balance trying to stop the kid from choking him (perhaps accidentally) and connected with his head as a result. Which is what most people here seem to think. If that's the case, then there's no problem, and the CM doesn't have to be fired.
Maybe they are using the term "self-defense" very loosely, but to me, it means the hit was not accidental but on purpose. If it was indeed accidental, Disney should let the CM apologize (to put an easy and happy ending to the situation) and just move on.

As of yet? None. But I bet it will be forthcoming.
At the very least they are media-baiting to get attention, likely to set the stage for some sort of legal action down the road.
We'll see I guess, but at the moment, I find no reason to believe they want money.

Actually I think she is being overly sensitive. As I read through this thread you seem to be the one having trouble with other people's opinions on the matter. You think Tigger should be fired? Ok, that's fine but that doesn't mean I can't think the kid is a punk who is trying to cause a scene out of nothing.
1) I'm not saying the CM should be fired. I'm saying proper punishment (which may include firing or position change or something else) needs to take place if the hit was on purpose.
2) I was largely referring to Mom's comment on the attitudes towards the family and the CM. Judging someone by how they look is just downright wrong.

Yes, being choked would give the CM every reason to attempt to disengage from the boy by any means possible…including the non-existent punch.
Really, because I highly doubt Disney wants the CMs (especially the costumed ones representing their characters) to physically harm a guest (on purpose). There are much better ways to deal with a situation then that and a CM should know that.

Again, see my first point. If you only want an apology, what purpose does the attorny serve?
To get Disney's attention. Is Disney going to deal with this more seriously if they know an attorney is aboard or if one is not?

And this is to Mom. I understand your feelings. But, this family has chosen to put themselves in the public eye and therefore open to ridicule by everyone, including their intellect and speech impediments. You choose to be in the public eye, be prepared for scorn, and they deserve it.
Being in a public space does not justify judging people by calling them names that are rude, inappropriate and most importantly, not true.

BiggerTigger

The Father should be slapped too.

After watching the video a few times it looks to me that Tigger reacted to what ever the teenager was doing to his back, it was coincidence that he wound up is arm in an arm lock (unless he was a black belt):lol: and when the video is slowed down by the news station it looks like a slap, however at full speed the "slap" is only when he turns towards the aggitator having his hand at the same level has the kids face.

By the way, what affiliate is News 6? I hope not ABC. Did ABC News run this segment down there in Orlando?

MickeyTigg

Been a while since I posted here. Let me clarify something. The kid in the picture is NOT goth. Trust me I know a little something about goth. He is a teenage boy who is an outcast with people in school. He is more punk/emo. He is not goth. I also feel like Tigger did not sucka punch that boy. And this is to Mom. I understand your feelings. But, this family has chosen to put themselves in the public eye and therefore open to ridicule by everyone, including their intellect and speech impediments. You choose to be in the public eye, be prepared for scorn, and they deserve it.

Since when is being from New Hampshire and having a New England accent a speech impediment?

:eek:

JimboJones123

Being in a public space does not justify judging people by calling them names that are rude, inappropriate and most importantly, not true.

Not that I support the name calling, but there were two options that could have been taken. If this is a true case, and they wanted to build the strongest case possible, they would have gone to a lawyer and not let things leak like the dad first thinking that the kid did something wrong. By going to the MEDIA first, they clearly wanted to be in the limelight to force Disney into some kind of payoff. If it was just concern for the family that they were interested this WOULD have been waged in a much better way. Not the public arena. This was all very calculated with the $$$ bottom line in mind. Any incriminating statements that the family could be using could come back to haunt them. That's never good.

imagineer boy

Spaced Out Dude

Hey everybody.

See the other post on Tigger punching the dude. It's from the PoV of an x-Tigger. Brilliant evidence, & it proves it is definately NOT Tigger's fault.

Timmay

Really, because I highly doubt Disney wants the CMs (especially the costumed ones representing their characters) to physically harm a guest (on purpose). There are much better ways to deal with a situation then that and a CM should know that.

Let's try to be at least a little realistic, shall we.

Let us make the assumption, just for this case, that the CM was being choked. Maybe that was the case, maybe it was not, but let us assume it was. Now, what exactly should the CM have done? I don't know about you, but I have been choked before and even though trained many times on how to disengage from such an incident, my initial reaction was fear, pure fear.

How do you suppose the CM should have acted? When that fight or flight reflex kicks in, your body does what it must to survive. So tell me again, what are the "better ways" to deal with being choked than to try and get away???

PintoColvig

This is a perfect example of something small turning very quickly into something big. Of course, I'm talking about this thread and not Tiggergate.

How in the world did this thread grow to 530+ posts and 35+ pages in less than 48 hours?!! :eek: Simply amazing. :D

seabee1

I finally just got to download the video from this morning on CBS. All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE!! That family should be ashamed. I have made a few comments in this thread, but I just am out of words. The kid couldn't even look at the camera. He didn't even answer any questions. "It's hard to describe really." No kidding, because you would be lying, maybe. I don't know why this shocks me. People are just awful now a days. I am sorry for this CM who has to go through this. I hope it is at least a paid suspension. I really hope Disney backs him because this is SO obvious it isn't his fault. The kid went to the hospital and is on pain meds. SHUT UP!!!!

disneyluva

Oh Wow

You know we have all been to the Magic Kingdom and seen those wild kids pulling, kicking, spiting . . . . . .On the CM (characters). It is wrong. You can see that when Tig first turns the kids arm jerks because he was holding something. Right is right and wrong is wrong but that kid was up to no good. One version I saw had audio and you could hear the Dad telling the kid to stop prior to the blow. Oh well I see dollar signs!!!!!!!!:slurp:

my three year old saw the pic on hear that says i was owned and she said..."ohhh mommy look tigger is giving the boy a big hug ohhh" i though i would share that

askmike1

Here are some more facts courtesy WESH.....
  • The family is going to seek money damages
  • Tigger is claiming that the kid "grabbed the back of his costume, cutting off the air to him......." (eat that all those who say the CM can't/won't talk out)
  • The union is claiming an accidental hit (ie, Tigger couldn't see he was going to hit the kid)
  • The family is bringing in a witness that will provide a different take on the cause for the hit
If they find the CM is right, a simple apology is in order for the accidental hit and move on. If the guest is right, then some sort of punishment and an apology is in order.

Another WESH update will be available in an hour.

http://www.wesh.com/news/10689788/detail.html

(and btw, if anyone wants a good laugh, go to that page and view their "raw video". They have the entire thing in slow motion, sound and all)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom