News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

UNCgolf

Well if it's anything like nrj then it will be fantastic. Only downfall of that ride is it's too short.

I do love NRJ, but if Tiana is exactly like NRJ it would be disappointing and feel like a downgrade from Splash. NRJ gets away with not having any AAs (other than the shaman at the end) because it's a C ticket, and because it wasn't replacing something that was full of AAs.

All indications are that Tiana will have plenty of AAs/other physical figures, though, so I don't think that's a concern, and using screens the way they're used in NRJ as a supplement to the physical sets would be just fine.

the_rich

I do love NRJ, but if Tiana is exactly like NRJ it would be disappointing and feel like a downgrade from Splash. NRJ gets away with not having any AAs (other than the shaman at the end) because it's a C ticket, and because it wasn't replacing something that was full of AAs.

All indications are that Tiana will have plenty of AAs/other physical figures, though, so I don't think that's a concern, and using screens the way they're used in NRJ as a supplement to the physical sets would be just fine.
To clarify, I meant the way it incorporates screens with physical sets.

Disstevefan1

I know you're being snarky and sarcastic, but I'm sure it will be.
I am sure it will be fine. Maybe "perfect" is the wrong word. As we all know, "perfect" is the enemy of "good".

They will open all will all will be good.

We all hope there wont be any failures days after opening like we saw in Moana and World celebration gardens.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone know if they’re going to do anything to hide this railing when the ride opens? I feel like some shrubbery or tree stump covering would do it, but it’d be a shame if they left this railing exposed, kind of feel like it’d take away from the theming a bit.
As others have said, the railing is permanent, but I have heard there is an incredible firefly effect planned that's going to happen each time a log goes down the drop. Per @Disney Glimpses, there is electrical work being done, and I believe it's for that effect. They are going to add flora around the railing as seen in the model and that's what will react to the logs going down the drop.

aladdin2007

Now that the opening is imminent, and there is speculation what will remain / look different from what we’re seeing now (e.g. fencing) what are your predictions for how the final product will be recieved?

My general feeling is it will have a blend of really impressive animatronics and segments of screen-based experiences (think NRJ and new Peter Pan ride tech). I have a feeling that there may be pacing issues, to a degree, given the intractability of changing the ride track (and to a similar degree, the fact the ride experiences between WDW and DL are not a 1:1 copy).
Im thinking like FEA but a little more fleshed out...What made the finale of splash so great was all the happy singing critters everywhere...and while we dont know exactly for sure, it sounds like its going to be more people character animatronics placed around being tianas palace instead of different fun singing critters and animals like before in the incredible swamp with riverboat....it just doesn't excite me by the sound of it, so far.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I don’t think it even does get away with it. Everyone I’ve ever been with has the same criticism of it.

It does for me! I think NRJ is fantastic. Of course more AAs would be nice, but I think that pushes it to D or E ticket status and I don't believe it was intended as that. I actually enjoy it more than FoP -- FoP is still good, but after you've been on it a couple of times it lacks the immersion of NRJ (obviously YMMV here).

I'm also not sure animal AAs would work in practice because I think they're incredibly difficult to do well. They could have more Na'vi, but I feel like animals, especially when intended to be realistic (as opposed to cartoon animals like Splash), might actually detract from the experience because of the effect on suspension of disbelief. Just look at the Jungle Cruise AAs. While I'm sure they could build better animal AAs, that feels like it would again be pushing it towards E ticket budget/status.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I don't think anyone has actually seen a green pool noodle.
Obviously, they come in all colors, Amazon has two shades of green in fact.
1711390844907.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom