News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Oswald

Ok so if it isn't a new ride how do the scenes go? How's the plot progression? And don't give me "oh it'll be bad I bet" if it isn't new then you know the ride already - how is it? Is it fun? Better then splash? If it isn't new then what is it? It's new.

According to Google, new means "already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time,
not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time."
If this doesn't follow that definition nothing does.
Scene 1 - Critter Band Welcomes you
Scene 2 Leaving home replacement - Louis Welcomes you
Scene 3 Turning Around replacement - Tiana welcomes you to "The party". Says they are looking for an ingredient
Scene 4 Rope Trap replacement - Naveen does something LE WACKY.
Scene 5 Pre dip drop - Tiana warns of the dark side of bayou, but says we have to go in to find the ingredient. "Be careful"
Scene 6 Bees replacement - Shadows mess with Louis
Scene 7 Caves replacement - Shadows mess with Tiana and Naveen in a boat
Scene 8 Pre Lift Hill - Mama Odie "saves you" warding off the spirits, and leading you to the "escape"
Scene 9 Drop - Mama Odie says something corny and stereotypical
Scene 10 Finale - You gather in front of Tiana restaurant. The true special ingredient was love, or friendship, or some other Kingdom Hearts level BS

The side critters are placed throughout to fill in space, but not to the extent of splash. Many are static birds and frogs, not unlike little mermaid.

The End. Call me in 3 months.

Disstevefan1

Ok so if it isn't a new ride how do the scenes go? How's the plot progression? And don't give me "oh it'll be bad I bet" if it isn't new then you know the ride already - how is it? Is it fun? Better then splash? If it isn't new then what is it? It's new.

According to Google, new means "already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time,
not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time."
If this doesn't follow that definition nothing does.
Ok, OK its a "new" ride.

Since this "new" ride will use the same ride system, layout, vehicles as the "old" ride, its still a fun log flume ride no matter the theme

I will continue to like this "new" ride the same as I liked the "old" ride because it uses the exact same ride system.

I NEVER said the "new" ride will be bad.
I said I will like it the same because its still exactly the same fun log flume ride.

I do not understand why folks will not like the "new" ride.

It is the exact same ride that was reskinned to make a "new" ride.

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

We have zero evidence they are employing a reverse forced perspective in order to make the drop look smaller.

You're right. That's why I've been repeatedly saying that they're not making an active effort to lessen the look of that thrill. I've never talked about the flume itself. That's fast and screamy and intense and everyone knows it.

I'm talking about the mountain around it.

Bocabear

Ok, OK its a "new" ride.

Since this "new" ride will use the same ride system, layout, vehicles as the "old" ride, its still a fun log flume ride no matter the theme

I will continue to like this "new" ride the same as I liked the "old" ride because it uses the exact same ride system.

I NEVER said the "new" ride will be bad.
I said I will like it the same because its still exactly the same fun log flume ride.

I do not understand why folks will not like the "new" ride.

It is the exact same ride that was reskinned to make a "new" ride.
While I hated losing the original music and characters, I have always thought the same...it will still be fun, but I have 35 years of happy memories on that ride... I loved the music, the colors, the story... I am not sure anything about the re-skin will live up to what preceded it... But I am sure it will be a fun flume ride just as it always was.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Magnolia trees have been planted in the queue!
1710950165270.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney uses forced perspective everywhere, including Cindy Castle. If they're using it, so what? It's part of their usual bag of tricks.

Because in order to criticize the retheme, a case is made that the drop now looks shorter giving children a false sense of how scary-thrilling it will be, or, it makes the drop now look taller, scaring off children who might enjoy it.

Neither side has actually presented any evidence that there is an intention to use forced perspective. Are the flowers getting smaller or larger as you look up the hill? We don't know. Neither do those claiming that in this new reconstruction that there is actual forced perspective being used.

But it does serve has a whipping rod, as ephemeral as it may be.

celluloid

Realistically, Energy never had a wait.

So if you’re only getting 1000 guests through the doors, Guardians is not only serving more guests per hour (which effectively is what you want with capacity) but also pulling them from the rest of the park for a consistently long amount of time (something Energy excelled in).

Even with virtual queue, the multiple pre-shows, queue, and ride experience are at least a 30 minute experience (even when the queue is absolutely minimal).

So if you can give 2000 guests the experience in an hour, you’re effectively removing 1000 guests per hour from the park.

Even if we’re generous to Universe of Energy and call it an hour-long experience, that’s still an only 1000 guests fully pulled from the park for the hour assuming the extremely underutilized capacity it always had.

Guardians pulls no one who does not care for rollercoasters, or anyone under 42 inches, or that do not like rollercoasters or rotating thrill rides. It actually causes more people to wait around and take up capacity in other attractions, dining and venues near and far of the park.

Near the end no one cared about Ellen's Energy Adventure. But the ride system as a whole was over 40 year old and based on properties without the connection even the refurb in the mid 90s had.

But all this moot at the attraction also did not do what Disney wanted, which was replace something and gain more attendance out of it to match the ROI.

Dear Prudence

Because in order to criticize the retheme, a case is made that the drop now looks shorter giving children a false sense of how scary-thrilling it will be, or, it makes the drop now look taller, scaring off children who might enjoy it.

Neither side has actually presented any evidence that there is an intention to use forced perspective. Are the flowers getting smaller or larger as you look up the hill? We don't know. Neither do those claiming that in this new reconstruction that there is actual forced perspective being used.

But it does serve has a whipping rod, as ephemeral as it may be.
Truthfully, the drop never looked bad from the perspective of not being on it, it was the Moment of Truth when you saw the entire rest of the park that your life flashed before your eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom