News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
It needed a striking willow tree.

While it's not regionally accurate, a weeping willow does lend itself to the bayou vibe.
*Ignore the smokestack shack, I was just toying around with an idea that didn't quite land.

willow.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While it's not regionally accurate, a weeping willow does lend itself to the bayou vibe.
My quick interwebbing says that weeping willows were introduced in the U.S. in the late 1700s.

They are 'hardy' in zones 4-10, which includes all of Louisiana.

1710210801236.png

Finding other pictures of weeping willows in the region is exhausting since the Spanish Moss makes every tree look like a weeping willow.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
My quick interwebbing says that weeping willows were introduced in the U.S. in the late 1700s.

They are 'hardy' in zones 4-10, which includes all of Louisiana.

View attachment 772592

Finding other pictures of weeping willows in the region is exhausting since the Spanish Moss makes every tree look like a weeping willow.
I guess it would makes sense to add a few throughout. Maybe they'll add some to the queue.

SilentWindODoom

“They’re going to fix the logs” feels wish-casty in the same way that the salt mine stuff was just going to be negligible backstory which wouldn’t manifest in or near the attraction.

Who on earth cares if the existing caves have white crystals on the walls or not?

*Ignore the smokestack shack, I was just toying around with an idea that didn't quite land.

View attachment 772583

That looks cool, but it would have the opposite of the effect. A small tree makes it look taller and it needs to look smaller.

Bocabear

Because salt mines typically aren’t super tall and don’t match NOLA scenery. They are dwarfing the “mountain” on purpose.
it doesn't actually look smaller...but honestly, it's a ride...in order for this ride to actually work, it needs to be tall... that is the fact. I don't think it really matters... Splash was supposed to be a hill in rural Georgia...and we, the riders were supposed to be the size of critters... (hence the giant thorns in the briar patch)... so the height at this point isn't really an issue... it is what it is...

Brer Oswald

Who on earth cares if the existing caves have white crystals on the walls or not?

That looks cool, but it would have the opposite of the effect. A small tree makes it look taller and it needs to look smaller.
Why does it need to look smaller? Isn’t that counter intuitive to the type of ride this is? They should be trying to make a retheme that is as appealing of a flume ride as the previous version, if not moreso.

If they wanted to make an “accurate” New Orleans Bayou, then they would need to level the whole thing and start from scratch.

SilentWindODoom

Because then nobody can whine that there are no mountains in Louisiana. :hilarious:

Why does it need to look smaller? Isn’t that counter intuitive to the type of ride this is? They should be trying to make a retheme that is as appealing of a flume ride as the previous version, if not moreso.

If they wanted to make an “accurate” New Orleans Bayou, then they would need to level the whole thing and start from scratch.

Of course. But that would be a waste of resources and the outcry from those who were against the change would be overwhelming. But the large trees and water tower installed in the foreground seem to be classic forced perspective, reversing what was initially installed with the rockwork and trees getting smaller on the way up.

We've discussed a lot how the drama of the plunge is not in any way hindered by this. It still looks high, fast, and screamy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom