News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SilentWindODoom

Embrace the jolt from the log as we reach the unload bottleneck

In the earlier discussions of the possibility of speeding logs through, it was mentioned that such buildup was something happening *if* things go wrong. But in the last number of the trips to the resort I've taken, such a buildup has happened on every water ride I've been on, seemingly waiting for 50-100% of the ride's length in a line of boats, including stopping at the start of the Small World finale. I didn't remember it ever being like that before.

Is it a new(-ish) normal, something I just didn't remember as a child, or I just have bad luck?

MagicHappens1971

In the earlier discussions of the possibility of speeding logs through, it was mentioned that such buildup was something happening *if* things go wrong. But in the last number of the trips to the resort I've taken, such a buildup has happened on every water ride I've been on, seemingly waiting for 50-100% of the ride's length in a line of boats, including stopping at the start of the Small World finale. I didn't remember it ever being like that before.

Is it a new(-ish) normal, something I just didn't remember as a child, or I just have bad luck?
I believe this is due to the influx of transfers from ECVs and Wheelchairs…

JohnD

No, for all you know the fence was underneath - but I'm familiar with how the Briars were constructed, and there was no fence under them because there was no under them. The Briars were a mass of individual tubes twisting out from the concrete floor below the waterline. You could see through them. A fence would be visible through them if it were hidden amongst the Briars, which it wasn't.

Here's a clip where you can see right through the Briars from multiple angles - no fence visible anywhere through:

Here's a gif of a TBA construction shot laid over a shot of the Briar Patch - look through, no fence:

View attachment 769551

Here are 2 TBA construction photos from February last year after they started removing the Briars - there's some scaffolding, but no fence:

View attachment 769549

View attachment 769548

It's fine not to know about this, but there's no need to discount the fact that other people do. I'm not being smug, I'm just telling you the truth. You're the one saying that since you don't know it must simply be unknowable.

Let's both get off the fence and move on.

Smiley/OCD

Two additional questions…has anyone seen if the water cannons have been turned back on or are permanently shut off??

Does anyone think the water “pouring” off the right side after the big drop at the bottleneck has been adressed??

Purduevian

From on operations standpoint, ideally you have at least enough logs/boats to ensure that there is always another one ready to enter load assuming a perfect dispatch every single time.

Using an imaginary version of Splash/Tiana's as in example, the ride loads 3 logs at a time and has a ride time of 12 minutes. Another assumption is under idea circumstances it takes 1 minute from the 3 logs entering the load/unload to leave the area. Finally lets assume they stagger the 3 log releases every 20 seconds to spread out the course
So after 12 minutes we need all 3 original logs back ready to meet the load/unload station

Time of where Log 1 isWhere is log 3 into the ride?How many logs have left unload ideally
00 mins3
1 min40 seconds6
2 mins1 min, 40 seconds9
Break
12 mins and 40 seconds12 minutes (Ready to enter load42
Now as boats 43,44,45 leave the station in 20 seconds boats 1,2,and 3 are ready to take their place. (Boat 4 will bump right into 3 as it's taken into the unload station in 20 seconds)

However, if the ride misses even 1 of the ideal 60 second dispatch times, boats 43,44,45 are waiting to enter the loading area still, so 1-3 will bump in behind them. If it misses more and more, the back up gets bigger and bigger

So ideally this ride have 45 logs on it, but to be safe, however, most people would probably add at least 6 more incase a calculation or 2 is off.

ToTBellHop

Do some of us seriously believe Universal’s latest announcement left Disney thinking, “GAWRSH! Better open something 3 months early, ah-hyuck!”?

They knew EU was opening next year. Everyone knows this. D’Amaro specifically rides Fear Fall to inspect the park’s progress. He thinks the Helios looks like Riviera.

The only reason this was accelerated was because MK desperately needs capacity and it was possible to condense the timeline. The only reason for delaying to late 2024 was for something to market then. They’ll market it this summer into fall instead.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240221_170544.jpg

Hoping for full operations tests tonight :)

bmr1591

Based on the progress, TBA should see previews for the attraction by mid April - early May? I would think

I have a conference the week of April 15 in Orlando, so my wife and I are staying a couple extra days to enjoy the last days of our APs (still deciding if we want to renew). If they announced an AP preview for that weekend, we'd be moving our flight from Thursday to Saturday immediately.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I may have missed this - but if water is running does that mean the interior is mostly finished? I would think they would need construction walkways set up in the flume until they were close to done.
Almost certainly, at least work near the flume itself. The water is running through the entire ride with the exception of the lift hills and drops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom