News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

I’ll be honest, those splash figures moved way more than I remembered. I think some of it has to do with the fact that some are further away and it’s easy to miss the brief time you’re in the scene.

That and you’re trying to reattach your soul back to your body after the drop 😂
Their movement was also dependent on how motivated maintenance crews were at taking care of them. The WDW variant in particular was often extremely neglected, so it wasn't uncommon to see AA's operating at only a small fraction of their full range. Eyes might not blink, mouths might not open and close (or would do so sluggishly), arms and hands might no longer work properly etc. And that was the ones that weren't completely static or missing entirely.

The last point in time that Splash Mtn's figures at WDW operated at approximately their peak level of performance (as they did in the 90s) was in 2013 following a major refurbishment. And it largely maintained that condition for a few years after. Though eventually it declined once again in the years leading up to its final closure.

Tokyo's version of the ride is still maintained to exceptional standards. You can look to that version for further evidence of how capable even these relatively ancient figures were/are.

ChewbaccaYourMum

View attachment 769512
The rides down a year and a half and rhet couldn't patch up the spot they ripped Br'er Rabbit off?
At the end of the article they zoomed in on the piece on the back of the logs and there's a red tag attached that says "rejected" probably due to these having bad paint jobs or other such things. I thought the same thing when I saw the photo though lol

Sectorkeeper71

Their movement was also dependent on how motivated maintenance crews were at taking care of them. The WDW variant in particular was often extremely neglected, so it wasn't uncommon to see AA's operating at only a small fraction of their full range. Eyes might not blink, mouths might not open and close (or would do so sluggishly), arms and hands might no longer work properly etc. And that was the ones that weren't completely static or missing entirely.

The last point in time that Splash Mtn's figures at WDW operated at approximately their peak level of performance (as they did in the 90s) was in 2013 following a major refurbishment. And it largely maintained that condition for a few years after. Though eventually it declined once again in the years leading up to its final closure.

Tokyo's version of the ride is still maintained to exceptional standards. You can look to that version for further evidence of how capable even these relatively ancient figures were/are.
Ah, so I’m not especially unobservant….well not in THIS case maybe, they just haven’t worked 100% in a decade

MerlinTheGoat

What’s to stop them making modifications to the logs in these final stages?
Nothing. And we're still nowhere near summer, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. It's not just the patched space formerly occupied by the hood ornaments that needs attention. There's a ton of damage elsewhere on the logs too. They're in unacceptably rough shape and the ride should not be allowed to open with them in this condition-

1708454303271.jpeg

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

I’ll be honest, those splash figures moved way more than I remembered. I think some of it has to do with the fact that some are further away and it’s easy to miss the brief time you’re in the scene.

That and you’re trying to reattach your soul back to your body after the drop 😂

This and maintenance issues are probably what it comes down to. Those lions and giraffe really feel like they have similar range of motions to the finale figures in the state I remember seeing them.

Then again, there's also the issue of memory. :hilarious:

yensidtlaw1969

Believe what you want. If what you're trying to show in this vague, dark photo that there is no green fence, I already pointed out that's where the briars were in Splash which is directly in front of this log as it is going down the drop.
The green fence did not exist under the Briars because the Briars were a sculpted thicket that sat on the same spot as the new fence. The fence was not under nor behind because the Briars were not a facade that concealed anything underneath. There was no access point to the Briars, nor nothing to access.

The main point of that photo, though, was to demonstrate that there were no lights there "to light up the drop at night" like you claimed.

Not quite sure why it seems to rub you the wrong way that I'm clarifying this simply is a newly added element.

The green fence did not exist under the Briars because the Briars were a sculpted thicket that sat on the same spot as the new fence. The fence was not under nor behind because the Briars were not a facade that concealed anything underneath. There was no access point to the Briars, nor nothing to access.

The main point of that photo, though, was to demonstrate that there were no lights there "to light up the drop at night" like you claimed.

Not quite sure why it seems to rub you the wrong way that I'm clarifying this simply is a newly added element.
Yea i see your point as well and think it’s overstated on the reply. Maybe you could clarify a bit. Idk?

On a related note, for the group, do we think this is being impacted to speed up with the EU (epic universe just didn’t want to type it out if we weren’t allowed in the Disney forum). Maybe there’s something else to be revealed is my hunch.

JohnD

I admit I'm making an assumption. Does it really matter to you whether a fence was there or not when its going to be covered up? Who's getting rubbed the wrong way here? Every day, any deviation from Splash, other than the theming obviously, I'm reading variations of "the sky is falling."

Sectorkeeper71

Yea i see your point as well and think it’s overstated on the reply. Maybe you could clarify a bit. Idk?

On a related note, for the group, do we think this is being impacted to speed up with the EU (epic universe just didn’t want to type it out if we weren’t allowed in the Disney forum). Maybe there’s something else to be revealed is my hunch.
I think their motivation is more to absorb summer crowds and get the parks water ride up and running for then. I think the idea of getting this ride done right, as fast as possible, at any cost, has lit a fire under their butts given the ride it’s replacing

yensidtlaw1969

The timeline for this attraction was always intended to be brief - Late 2024 was the announced date when the ride closed in January 2023. That they've managed to shave several months off of that doesn't seem to be in any direct way related to Epic Universe (which you can say here). The Magic Kingdom is lacking one of its major E Tickets while this transformation is being done, under any circumstance they would want to get that attraction capacity back online as soon as possible.

yensidtlaw1969

I admit I'm making an assumption. Does it really matter to you whether a fence was there or not when its going to be covered up? Who's getting rubbed the wrong way here? Every day, any deviation from Splash, other than the theming obviously, I'm reading variations of "the sky is falling."
What matters is further asserting an assumption despite being shown disproving evidence. Telling others "Believe what you want" when they're gently correcting you with proof certainly suggests you're being rubbed the wrong way.

But this new fence is far from a major concern. It's certainly not a "sky is falling" moment - which, for the record, I would extend to my entire well-documented opinion of Tiana's Bayou Adventure. This ride has many detractors, but I have not been one of them.

Just trying to be clear about the truth. The fence is new, which is interesting because it does look like it features equipment (Lighting? Sound?) that Splash did not include before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom