News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

One thing is for sure there will be less AAs and the addition of fog machines compared to Splash.

Disney stated there will be "dozens" of AAs by my math, this is a minimum of 24.

I doubt we will get 24.

I hope to be proven wrong.
If accurate, I just heard a claim that potentially put concerns about the AA population to rest. It refers to the ride as a whole, but especially the finale scene which was singled out specifically as having "easily as many AA's as Splash". I hope it's true. Again the source has been quite accurate in the past, especially regarding details that they are able to verify in person in a definitive way. In this case, they claim to have personally seen up to date mockups of a bunch of the scenes in the ride with characters placed. So it's not based on heresay information from someone else.

Incidentally, they also claim that the Bob Iger tour never happened, and no revisions have been ordered. Unlike the AA claims, this is technically heresay and likely won't be possible to prove. But they are 100% certain that this was a lie created to feed an agenda. Take this however you like and with a grain of salt since it's again a bit of heresay that probably won't ever be proven either way, but the source is definitely not an Iger fan and wouldn't make such a definitive comment on the matter without good reason. I myself already doubted the Iger Tour story anyway.

As always, I trust the source. Especially when what they're saying claims to be from true hands-on details they've seen for themselves. But continue to take with a dome of salt for sanity reasons. If we get definitive evidence to the contrary, i'll concede to being wrong and apologize. I realize some of this steps on some toes of people in the blogger/twitter sphere as well as in this very thread...

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

If accurate, I just heard a claim that potentially put concerns about the AA population to rest. It refers to the ride as a whole, but especially the finale scene which was singled out specifically as having "easily as many AA's as Splash". I hope it's true. Again the source has been quite accurate in the past, especially regarding details that they are able to verify in person in a definitive way. In this case, they claim to have personally seen up to date mockups of a bunch of the scenes in the ride with characters placed. So it's not based on heresay information from someone else.

Incidentally, they also claim that the Bob Iger tour never happened, and no revisions have been ordered. Unlike the AA claims, this is technically heresay and likely won't be possible to prove. But they are 100% certain that this was a lie created to feed an agenda. Take this however you like and with a grain of salt since it's again a bit of heresay that probably won't ever be proven either way, but the source is definitely not an Iger fan and wouldn't make such a definitive comment on the matter without good reason. I myself already doubted the Iger Tour story anyway.

As always, I trust the source. Especially when what they're saying claims to be from true hands-on details they've seen for themselves. But if we get definitive evidence to the contrary, i'll concede to being wrong and apologize. I realize some of this steps on some toes of people in the blogger/twitter sphere as well as in this very thread...
We all hope your source is correct.

I never believed the Iger tour story. Iger is too much of a showman to actually say, "this is boring" or whatever he was claimed to say, if he toured it, he would say "this is GREAT, PERFECT!" no matter what he was looking at.

In reality, Iger does not even care about the US parks. He loves all the foreign parks, especially China ;)

Just kidding, I thought Iger was quoted saying that TWDC was going to invest less in China. I hope so. They are going to need the money to react to Universal's EPIC

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well, there you go. No Facilier.

I don't see why they're so obsessed with maintaining continuity. They didn't care about maintaining continuity with the Ratatouille ride that ALSO takes place after the movie.

The restaurant, Tianna's Place is at the end of the movie, and the co-op is supposedly after the movie. Personally I don't really care about it being linear in relation to the animated feature, just that it be fun and have familiar characters. I guess we'll just pick one of the overhead points of light and call it Ray.

JoeCamel

Well, there you go. No Facilier.

I don't see why they're so obsessed with maintaining continuity. They didn't care about maintaining continuity with the Ratatouille ride that ALSO takes place after the movie.
Not exactly, he said he didn't record for the Disneyland ride but with WDW TBA being months ahead the recording would have been for the WDW ride.
Split a few hairs and keep the hope alive.......

Casper Gutman

As always, I trust the source. Especially when what they're saying claims to be from true hands-on details they've seen for themselves. But continue to take with a dome of salt for sanity reasons. If we get definitive evidence to the contrary, i'll concede to being wrong and apologize. I realize some of this steps on some toes of people in the blogger/twitter sphere as well as in this very thread...
Is your source making any distinction between AAs and “animated figures” or the like?

MerlinTheGoat

Is your source making any distinction between AAs and “animated figures” or the like?
Yeah they definitely know the difference. No doubt the ride will have a number of simpler animated props as well just like Splash did, but what they were referring to meant proper animatronics.

I'll also reiterate that they were the very first person who reported they would have physical faces, not projected. I posted about that either in this thread or the other one about a year ago IIRC. And even longer ago, (shortly after D23 2022), they were also the first person who accurately reported that the ride would have a much larger number of AA's than anything they've built in many years. Among other mostly accurate information. Overall, they have been right about far more things than wrong. And in this particular case, the claim is based on allegedly seeing official ride diagrams in person. Not just hearsay that was passed from word of mouth.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Personally, I wont split hairs since we know Splash had "animated figures".

If they give us a mix of AAs and "animated figures", I am counting both.
That's sort of my point - I don't know how many "official" AAs Splash actually had. One of my complaints about modern Disney is that build very complicated AAs like the Shaman or Kylo Ren instead of constructing actual scenes with lots of figures. How many AAs did the riverboat scene in Splash have? My ignorance makes it possible the figures we already know will about in the Tiana finale may technically be more AAs then were present in the Splash climax.

MerlinTheGoat

That's sort of my point - I don't know how many "official" AAs Splash actually had. One of my complaints about modern Disney is that build very complicated AAs like the Shaman or Kylo Ren instead of constructing actual scenes with lots of figures. How many AAs did the riverboat scene in Splash have? My ignorance makes it possible the figures we already know will about in the Tiana finale may technically be more AAs then were present in the Splash climax.
At WDW, Splash Mtn's finale room by my count had 17 legitimate animatronics. 12 of these were on the riverboat. The other 5 were the Swamp Boys, turkey and frog to the sides. There are three other true animatronic figures past this large room, Brer Fox, Brer Rabbit and Mr Bluebird. Mr Bluebird is comparable to a Tiki Bird in complexity, the minimum standard for what I would classify as a legit AA. Brer Fox is technically connected to two other character figures (Brer Bear and Brer Gator), but they're just simple animated props and he's the only one with substantial motion.

Disneyland's finale had a larger riverboat and a larger number of animatronics. 26 of the figures are legitimate animatronics. 18 of which occupied just the riverboat. The other 8 were off to the sides and include the original Swamp Boys trio, two cats, a wolf, a (not brer) fox and a donkey. Mr Bluebird is present in this scene instead of further on, but isn't an animatronic. Just a simple moving prop. I'd say the same goes for the Brer Fox figure in this version, it has far more simplistic motion than WDW's.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was Peltz!!!

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240125_181922.jpg
20240125_153310.jpg
20240125_152523.jpg
20240125_152516.jpg
20240125_150554.jpg

Screenshot_20240125_213147_Gallery.jpg

Final theming finally being added to the side closest to Pecos Bill, a couple more shots through the mesh, and a better look at the first lift hill out of the load station.

Edit: forgot to add the last photo, they were also working on the queue railings.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I realize some of this steps on some toes of people in the blogger/twitter sphere as well as in this very thread...
It appears we have two different sources saying two very different things. My source heard from a close friend actively working on the project in Orlando that the Iger tour DID happen. I didn't believe it had until I heard from my source.

My source also made it clear (and I don't know that I stated this earlier) that Iger didn't order any changes, but rather it was his reaction that made the higher ups on the project begin considering changes, which my source's friend said was mindboggling to those working on the project considering how far along they were.

My source said nothing about the number of animatronics this time, but had previously told me that I would be very impressed by what they were doing on this ride, despite my strong bias against it. They know I'm an animatronics fanatic, so I take this to mean there will be plentiful animatronics.

For context as to why I trust this person: My source correctly stated that TRON would not open until March/April 2023, back when everyone else thought there was a chance it would open in November/December. I could quote my posts, but I don't feel like scrolling back that far...

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
It appears we have two different sources saying two very different things. My source heard from a close friend actively working on the project in Orlando that the Iger tour DID happen. I didn't believe it had until I heard from my source.

My source also made it clear (and I don't know that I stated this earlier) that Iger didn't order any changes, but rather it was his reaction that made the higher ups on the project begin considering changes, which my source's friend said was mindboggling to those working on the project considering how far along they were.

My source said nothing about the number of animatronics this time, but had previously told me that I would be very impressed by what they were doing on this ride, despite my strong bias against it. They know I'm an animatronics fanatic, so I take this to mean there will be plentiful animatronics.

For context as to why I trust this person: My source correctly stated that TRON would not open until March/April 2023, back when everyone else thought there was a chance it would open in November/December. I could quote my posts, but I don't feel like scrolling back that far...
I think I might be the only person who, somehow, isn't concerned by this Iger tour. I can't see him being excited about it just walking through it, with work lights on, and none of the major Animatronics installed yet — at least at the time of his tour per the NOLA.com article confirming they still had cardboard cutouts in place as of January 5. If he went on the ride as a full test ride, in a log, with the majority of it being completed and in show mode, and then *still* said it was "boring" or was confused by what the missing ingredient is, whatever it might be, then I'd say it'd be much more concerning at that point.

Not that I don't trust the information being shared in here, I just can't see any reactions to it yet being valid with no log testing underway yet.

I feel the tease about the Animatronic total being impressive is the actual exciting thing here. That is something that truly gets me excited knowing how loved the Animatronics were in Splash.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Weird that they would describe it only as "THE Tiana Audio-Animatronics character" when that's the one character we know there are multiple AAs for. Couldn't they have put an "s" at the end of character??!
1706245244010.png

MerlinTheGoat

I feel the tease about the Animatronic total being impressive is the actual exciting thing here. That is something that truly gets me excited knowing how loved the Animatronics were in Splash.
I was told very early on (not long after D23 2022) that the ride would have a very impressive number of AA's. Uncharacterstic for anything they've built in a very very long time. They were the first person who mentioned this. I was never given an exact amount, but it was said that it would not disappoint people who appreciated that aspect of Splash.

I was concerned when Splash Archive came onto the scene and seemed to throw some cold water onto things. But when I saw the renders he got ahold of, I suspected he may have been working off of incomplete information given all of the blatant empty spaces that don't seem to exist for any reason other than to house AA's. Though for the record, Archive has remained adament on their prior claims of these being representative of the final roster of figures. So if he ends up being correct, then i'll owe him an apology.

All that said, again my source now claims they've seen finalized mockups and the ride is very well populated. Especially the finale which again was described as having "easily as many" AA's as Splash. So i'm feeling some relief at the moment. It will be a very easy claim to debunk, and it shouldn't be too awfully long before we get to see ourselves.

It's one of those things that we'll probably never know for sure, given that Disney isn't ever going to make a public comment.

My source claimed they know with 100% certainty that Iger has never visited the ride and made no comments on it. And again, given their already negative opinion of Iger, I don't think they'd make such a claim without good reason and evidence. Whether the evidence they were given is true or not, no clue.

I myself err on the side of doubting the tour story. Iger is well known to not be someone who visits the parks to tour in progress projects like these. If he paid any attention to the project at all, it's likely just to watch a CGI mockup or some other storyboard in the comfort of his office. The idea of his opinions being leaked publicly is also pretty far fetched to me. Unless he's being a stupid dolt and blurting it out for a large number of people to hear. There wouldn't likely be many people in an entourage of a ride tour, and it would be insanely easy to trace whoever it was who heard the comment and leaked it, heads would roll.

I don't know who the true origin of the Iger tour claim is. But my source believes it's someone with a malicious agenda against the project and perhaps WDI as a whole. Apparently Brayden in particular has made himself a lot of enemies at WDI over spreading a number of lies. TBA included. He has seemingly yet to retract that "only 17 AA's" bit he propagated. He's also been promoting the Peltz drama lately, which should provide some clarity as to the sort of agenda he has.

Not saying that you're getting your own info from Brayden. Just figured i'd mention this so other people know not to put any stock in his commentary in general.

There’s always the chance Iger toured and jokingly remarked “this looks boring” in response to the fact there were cardboard cutouts of AAs everywhere. We know not a single figure was in place at the time of this alleged tour. That with skepticism from other sources on this alleged event makes me less concerned. I’m happy enough to hear there is a likelier chance we’ll get a healthy AA population, especially for the finale which Splasharchive had claimed no additional figures would be added, save for some very static critters.
I get the sense that Archive was making assumptions based on what the renders he got ahold of showed, or rather didn't show. I do think the renders are almost certainly real and came from a Disney source, but to me they clearly look extremely incomplete. Far moreso than even those virtual ride throughs Disney has released of some of their other attractions like 7DMT and Tokyos' BATB ride. So I don't believe you can extrapolate how many figures will be present in the final version based on what is missing in them. He initially claimed there would only be 6 figures in this scene (which is still in the original tweet), but changed that to 9 in a post here after I noted that the render was missing three characters confirmed to appear in the ride (and probably won't be present in any scenes outside of the finale).

If he actually received explicit confirmation directly from someone working on the ride for his claims, then that's another matter and muddies the waters a bit. And we'll see what ends up being true, again i'll apologize to him and anyone else if it turns out i'm wrong. But having seen his renders myself, there are way too many suspiciously placed empty platforms for me to assume no other characters are going to be included. Along with again the different screenshots showing different combinations of the characters (or even zero characters in one of them).

Again I'm not trying to step on any toes here. Ultimately only the final product will prove whose sources ended up being correct. Just sharing what was said on my end. I do hope for the sake of all of us that the claims I was told about the AA population are true.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom