News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Casper Gutman

For the posters shouting at others for being pessimistic, consider shouting at Disney for releasing a steady, unbroken stream of or material that reinforces people’s fears about this ride. This is a uniquely sensitive redesign, and whatever else one can say about it the PR aspect (including our glimpses of the ride itself) has been total garbage. Quite frankly, Merlin’s comments are the only reason there’s any reasonable hope right now.

As a side note, the more they go on about all the “genuine New Orleans” artists and musicians and blacksmiths and other assorted folks involved in minor aspects of the ride, the more skeptical I get - it all seems to spring from a complete misunderstanding (or disdain) for what “authenticity” means in a Disney theme park.

MerlinTheGoat

You're reading too much into their words.
For now, until definitive confirmation, I agree. There's nothing in that article that provides any sort of evidence on the AA population.

The imagineer giving the tour is stated to have pointed out the location of the first critter band right after the drop, but it is not mentioned if they had temporary cutouts. They may not have been given any.

The ones that ARE stated to have gotten cutouts are the main characters from the movie, ones that will be the main focal point and also the most advanced AA's of their respective scenes. If no other critters were given cutouts, then it's pointless to make assumptions on how densely populated these scenes are. The non-movie characters may simply not have been physically included in the preview.

Yeah. The cutouts are just temporary placeholders until the final animatronics are done. It’s so they can get a picture of spacing and stuff for each scene. No cutouts will be in the final version of the ride.
Yes, though that wasn't what was being discussed. Some in this thread were assuming that since the author didn't mention any other cutouts of the secondary critters being present, that there wouldn't be many other scenes with a lot of animatronics outside of that one critter-band at the start.

I have a feeling this is NOT the case, as again I interpreted the article much differently and don't think it's something you can base assumptions like that on. I think the article was far too vague on any useful evidence to assume that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For the posters shouting at others for being pessimistic, consider shouting at Disney for releasing a steady, unbroken stream of or material that reinforces people’s fears about this ride.
Funny, but some people don't have extreme pessimism despite the lack of information.

How did Disney force pessimism on some but not all?

splah

The general consensus about this is that it's most likely you're gonna tear a ligament from the strain of your own over-reaching pessimism.

But feel free to ask a genuine question if you want a genuine answer.
That is a legitimate question. Sure I embellished with the motivational posters. But what existed when splash closed was a “tunnel”. We know we’re going to be in an office for at least some portion of the queue. And at load there are cranes so we’re outside again.

Are we going to walk the offices hallways to get outside or will be detour through the salt mine to retain the existing infrastructure?

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

That is a legitimate question. Sure I embellished with the motivational posters. But what existed when splash closed was a “tunnel”. We know we’re going to be in an office for at least some portion of the queue. And at load there are cranes so we’re outside again.

Are we going to walk the offices hallways to get outside or will be detour through the salt mine?
We just don't know.

Had your post been phrased more like "Do we think the interior queue on the way to the load will still have a “tunnel” look or do we think that'll be changed to match the new queue concept?" your question would have come off less slanted.

neo999955

In the Parks
No

Are we going to walk the offices hallways to get outside or will be detour through the salt mine to retain the existing infrastructure?
I would imagine it will still be a tunnel. You pass her offices (plus kitchen?), but are descending into the salt mine. I think we’ll see a lot more decorations creating that transition / explaining the salt mine, but I think it’ll still be primarily the tunnel repainted. Just a guess ofc.

celluloid

I would imagine it will still be a tunnel. You pass her offices (plus kitchen?), but are descending into the salt mine. I think we’ll see a lot more decorations creating that transition / explaining the salt mine, but I think it’ll still be primarily the tunnel repainted. Just a guess ofc.

Probably painting the rockwork to look...salty. The offices will be more the barn leading into those salt mines. Easy way.

MerlinTheGoat

The proof will be in the pudding when the ride opens - either Disney will deliver or they won't, guests will respond accordingly, and Disney will feel that for better or worse.
The ride is almost certainly going to have long lines and praise from most outlets at first regardless of whether it deserves it or not. I very much hope the pro-TBA crowd doesn't intend to use this as definitive evidence for how "good" the ride actually objectively is, even though i'm sure they will.

People are perfectly within their right to criticize at least what we know so far about the ride. And so far, a great deal of what we know deserves criticizing. I'm not personally upset about there being an office or a crane, it's the sort of stuff I'd expect from a queue. But the hyper fixation on random boring information like this and the lack of information about more important details is really starting to concern me.

At best, they're doing a terrible job at marketing the ride. And I hope that's the extent of it, that they've been holding back info on the ride because they want it to be a pleasant surprise. I hope it's not the case that they're using these sort of details as distractions for them screwing up the inside.

At this point, the biggest make or break for me is the interior. The sets have to be fantastic without an over-reliance on video projection, and there has to be a Splash-level population of animatronics (especially in the finale, which is iffy at the moment). There are other factors too of course, but if they flunk out on those two things, then it's all over and the ride will be a complete failure in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

wdrive

It is decidedly not on topic. As the site owner has frequently had to remind people.

I have more than a few people in this thread on Ignore, and nobody on that list has earned their position lightly.

What I take issue with goes well beyond mere disagreement.

What’s off topic about not liking an element of the ride? This discussion we’re having is the most off topic thing I’ve seen in here for awhile. Genuinely, have I missed the posts you’re referring to?
What do you have issue with beyond disagreement?

Lirael

Just realized they had yet another easy way out to explain the hill on the bayou. Just say we, the guests, we turned into animals, or are animals and the place only seems tall because we are in fact small. Would even fit with the original. Heck, have Dr. Facilier come back, trick us into becoming bug sized or something so we can spy on Tiana for him, then have the drop be the moment he's caught and yet again sent back to the other side. None of this worker owned salt mine stuff

ToTBellHop

None specifically. Likely Disney doesn't know yet because it depends on the construction of the ride. But... all signs point to before Fall.
Personally, I think 7/4/24 more than 5/27/24. 4 months from now seems a bit too ambitious. If they are installing AAs and letting reporters tour the ride, it’s certainly in the final stages of construction.

James Alucobond

The worst thing i've seen posted today was someone from a few hours back (before editing his post to hide this part) calling fans of Splash "deranged and embarrassing bitter adults living in their mom's basement". Unless that's what you're referring to, but it seems like you're more on the side that agrees with it. Most of the rude comments and name calling have been from pro-Tiana people. Calling others ignorant, stupid etc (yourself included).
No one should be insulting anyone for what rides they like or being sad about rides that they loved being replaced. But it's likewise true that no one should be accusing people of having poor taste and low standards simply because they're trying to discuss elements of an in-progress attraction no one has experienced yet. Whenever a piece of news about this attraction surfaces, you can predict with 100% accuracy who will show up to barely read what is being said, dig for a phrase they deem overly corporate or DEI-ish, and post it alongside an insult without considering the context at all.

The Mom

Premium Member
Any poster who insults/demeans/disrespects another poster will be banned from the discussion.

Any posters who strays off topic will have their post removed and may be banned from future participation.

Any posters who appear to be targeting other posters will be banned from future discussion.

Edited to add: any posters who continue to discuss the arguments will not be allowed to participate. I didn't realize that would have to be spelled out. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

discos

Based on the concept art, it seemed as if the critter band, Tiana and Louis were all replacing the geese. But with the updated tour report, it seems like only the Critters are replacing the geese, with Tiana and Louis set to appear a little further on. Based on the description, Louis #1 would be replacing Brer Rabbit, Bear, Fox, and blue bird, while Tiana #1 replacing the porch bunnies, porcupine, and raccoon.
I interpreted it as the band is gonna be where Bre'r Frog and the first fishing goose is as soon as you enter, then around the first bend Louis replaces the trio of Geese, and then Tiana would be on the hill where Bre'r Fox and Bear used to be.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Any clues on when the ride will be open
1705591492983.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom