News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

discos

Could the grass scene with the cabin be this scene below? What you were saying makes sense but then I saw this image on my Instagram feed this morning. It would be easy to add a large Louis AA in the foreground and that wooden platform with all the small critter AAs on it. Maybe the trick is putting everything so close in the foreground that you won’t notice the rest of the scene is bare. In this regard, I think Disneylands version has a slight chance of being received better as none of the scenes except the finale had a lot of depth. Then again it had more AA’s. For me it’s not a question of if PatF will fall short from Splash but a question of how much. Especially when it comes to the finale.

View attachment 759663
That scene in the concept art is the first time we enter the Bayou so it would be just after "Slippin' Falls"

LittleBuford

Under the Bridge as you either entered the queue or exited.

A shame. The playground served a purpose as it was geared(and asked) that players be under 40 inches, the height requirement for Splash.
Never noticed it! It’s funny how the parks continue to throw up such surprises.

Brer Oswald

Could the grass scene with the cabin be this scene below? What you were saying makes sense but then I saw this image on my Instagram feed this morning. It would be easy to add a large Louis AA in the foreground and that wooden platform with all the small critter AAs on it. Maybe the trick is putting everything so close in the foreground that you won’t notice the rest of the scene is bare. In this regard, I think Disneylands version has a slight chance of being received better as none of the scenes except the finale had a lot of depth. Then again it had more AA’s. For me it’s not a question of if PatF will fall short from Splash but a question of how much. Especially when it comes to the finale.

View attachment 759663
It’s the scene on the left, immediately after you used to pass Brer Frog and Gator. The right side was an evac path (and I expect it will still remain one).

mickEblu

It’s the scene on the left, immediately after you used to pass Brer Frog and Gator. The right side was an evac path (and I expect it will still remain one).
That scene in the concept art is the first time we enter the Bayou so it would be just after "Slippin' Falls"

Thanks guys. I’m not too familiar with the MK layout I’ll have to watch a ride through again.

Brer Oswald

Thanks guys. I’m not too familiar with the MK layout I’ll have to watch a ride through again.
Just to make it a little more clear, discos and I are referring to two separate scenes based on two different images. The concept art seems to depict the HDYD scene after slippin falls. The “interior construction photo” almost certainly is the scene in describing, which takes place before the dip drop. The trees match up with the ones there previously.

Incomudro

Won't lie, I'm really liking what I see with the mountain so far. Especially the newly installed trees out front. I'm a bit iffy about the mural on the side of the barn. I just wish it didn't feel so "boxed in" on the side of the building. Instead, I wish the entire barn had been the canvas, not just one small square area.

But yeah, the mountain itself is lookin' good to me. Love all the foliage, trees, fences, etc. Even the water tower doesn't bother me that much with all this other stuff starting to fill the sightlines in. I'd wager it's going to look great at night, too.
Much of what I like about this is that they are doing a very good job of masking any external resemblance to Splash.
Since they are doing this, I want them to go all in.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
The track layouts are actually remarkably similar! I thought they were very different, but according to Park Lore's sketches they are very much alike. Sorry I can't quite figure out how to make them side by side. Disneyland is top and WDW is bottom.
1703122599850.png
1703122677042.png

Brer Oswald

The track layouts are actually remarkably similar! I thought they were very different, but according to Park Lore's sketches they are very much alike. Sorry I can't quite figure out how to make them side by side. Disneyland is top and WDW is bottom.
View attachment 759709View attachment 759710
The track layouts are similar, but the scene/room layouts couldn’t be more different. HDYD is practically an open room in Disneyland, where in WDW, it’s corridors with more open banked turns.

Bocabear

That play place always skeaved me out.
I would agree with that...nice to have a shady play place, but under the bridge and sort of crammed in there made it feel kind of icky...Maybe if it were re-designed to look less like an afterthought....and maybe the new play location will allow children to work in the salt mines or help the shipping department at Tiana's Foods Co-op pack boxes....

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Photos from today - looking very lush.

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_54472.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_54461.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_54455.jpg

Lots more at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...adventure-construction---december-21-2023.htm
I'm a little surprised they haven't listened to the feedback and replaced the signs on the construction walls with language that at least makes it clear it's not a restaurant—although the giant green not-a-mountain might be a dead giveaway. I haven't actually heard if people are saying that anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom