News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I was wondering how long the Frozen talk was going to last...

Anyway, here's a question: Does anyone have any actual idea of how far along the interior is? There's been precious little revealed about what's going on inside the Salt Mine these days.

RSoxNo1

That is my issue exactly... I liked the film and characters... I don't need a whole new story into a character that (could have) evolved after story we love... Just like other classic Disney film characters...I don't need a sequel to know what happened afterwards...The idea of being in the bayou and having Dr Facilier send you over the water to the "Other Side" or escaping the "Other Side" over a waterfall sounds like an amazing attraction to me... Ending at Tiana's Palace is great too...but all this gobbledygook they have created does not make sense to me...
One of our biggest complaints on Fantasyland type rides lately has been the book report approach.

Fox&Hound

Frozen Ever After takes place after the film and yet we hear all the old familiar songs from the movie but with different lyrics.

I am hoping to hear a lot of the popular songs from the movie even if they have to do new lyrics.

TeriofTerror

He’s my favorite character in the film. I’d rather they drop Naveen. Tiana can do better than that duckboy.

The Other Side would’ve looked fabulous in dark light replacing the Laughin’ Place…
I agree with literally every word of this.
I've always been irked that my favorite princess is saddled with that ne'er-do-well.

Sir_Cliff

I think there has been a lot of complaining about book report rides on here in recent years.

There are good and bad examples of book report rides, but overall I don't think it's necessary to literally retell the story of the film on which a ride is based. Personally, I would prefer they try and do something a little more interesting than that as I don't think a flume ride is a good medium for re-telling the story of a 90 minute film in the space of about 10 minutes. I know it gets a lot of hate, but I think Frozen Ever After does a good job of taking you through settings and songs from Frozen without the need to re-tell the story of the film.

Who knows if what they have come up with is a good alternative to re-telling the story of the film. However, the fact they are not just doing that doesn't necessarily seem like a bad thing to me.

retr0gate

Because we do it out of the love for Disney…they do it for a paycheck and a paycheck ONLY
This is extremely insulting to people who work in this industry. I'm sure there are a few exceptions whom this statement would actually apply to, but I doubt many of the people pursuing a job at WDI are doing it just "for the paycheck." Many of these folks are truly passionate about the work they do. It is not the fault of the creatives for literally doing their jobs when unfair mandates are placed onto them by people higher up on the corporate ladder.

FettFan

I’m not sure why people are intent on framing Facilier’s absence in ideological terms. The ride takes place after the movie, by which point Facilier has been carried off to the underworld. You wouldn’t expect to see Ursula or Maleficent in rides set after the events of the two movies to which those characters belong. (For my part, I would love for Facilier to make an appearance in spirit form, but I’m not holding my breath.)

Why even spirit form? In a magical/fantasy setting, it’s not uncommon for characters sent to the great beyond to come back in the flesh.
johnny depp run GIF

gandalf the white GIF

season 3 kyle GIF

LittleBuford

Why even spirit form? In a magical/fantasy setting, it’s not uncommon for characters sent to the great beyond to come back in the flesh.
johnny depp run GIF

gandalf the white GIF

season 3 kyle GIF
We last saw him being overpowered and carried off by spirits, after which his tombstone appears. I'm not sure how he would get out of that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom