News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

Sad to see that huge tree removed that was in the middle of the U turn section at the bottom of the big drop. Maybe to be replaced. But that seems odd to remove only to replace.

If also noticed cypress type trees in the areas flanking the drop in some art and scale models. Maybe faux trees to enhance the bayou feel of the final product.

A real shame that we lost a legit interaction with a large tree(s) Something MK has removed quite a few of over the years.

TheMaxRebo

I just hope its complete by the time we go on the 14th July 2024..heres hoping lol

All we have been told is both versions (Disneyland and WDW) will open in 2024. Given that WDW's started earlier (ride closed about 4 months earlier) one would think the new version would open earlier in WDW as well (though it is larger so may take more time)

I would think it would make sense to want it open for the summer, plus gives them something to o arket for the summer (already have the holidays and parties for the fall) and they do seem to be moving faster on this than other projects, but who knows with Disney

celluloid

Space Thunder Tiana needs to be the next live action remake. Get on it sweater.

Like the series(the reason the attraction is themed the way it is) it is currently out of his willingness to pay up.
Since the Disney Plus series has been delayed, the attraction is in no rush.

Tha Realest

I’ve been wondering- will the strike impact the work on this attraction?

Many of the film actors are reprising their roles. It seems any work thats viewed as an extension of their film work is not permissible under the union rules. I wonder if this likewise affects the voice work for the TV series as well.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I’ve been wondering- will the strike impact the work on this attraction?

Many of the film actors are reprising their roles. It seems any work thats viewed as an extension of their film work is not permissible under the union rules. I wonder if this likewise affects the voice work for the TV series as well.
Unless the strike continues for a very, VERY long time, it's doubtful that it would impact the ride. Recording the lines is a one day process and implementing them into the ride won't take long either. They can likely use a stand-in (if necessary) to record the lines initially for any testing/programing purposes and then bring in the actors when they are available. So long as the strike is done by ~1 month before the ride is supposed to open, I'd guess they'd have plenty of time to do what they need to do.

celluloid

Unless the strike continues for a very, VERY long time, it's doubtful that it would impact the ride. Recording the lines is a one day process and implementing them into the ride won't take long either. They can likely use a stand-in (if necessary) to record the lines initially for any testing/programing purposes and then bring in the actors when they are available. So long as the strike is done by ~1 month before the ride is supposed to open, I'd guess they'd have plenty of time to do what they need to do.

It has a large impact and delay on the animated series, which was the goal of the attraction's granted budget.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I’ve been rereading One Little Spark by Marty Sklar and the convoluted backstory of TBA seems to go against 4 of Mickeys 10 commandments…

1. Know your audience – Don’t bore people, talk down to them or lose them by assuming that they know what you know.

3. Organize the flow of people and ideas – Use good story telling techniques, tell good stories not lectures, lay out your exhibit with a clear logic.

6. Avoid overload – Resist the temptation to tell too much, to have too many objects, don’t force people to swallow more than they can digest, try to stimulate and provide guidance to those who want more.

7. Tell one story at a time – If you have a lot of information divide it into distinct, logical, organized stories, people can absorb and retain information more clearly if the path to the next concept is clear and logical.

You’d think Imagineering and the corporate offices would have some copies of their 10 commandments lying around to reference from time to time.
I think we have to wait on this one. I don't think the ride itself will be overbearing in anyway with the backstory they have established.

TheMaxRebo

I think we have to wait on this one. I don't think the ride itself will be overbearing in anyway with the backstory they have established.

I agree, or is my expectations at least

I feel like they went backwards and shared all this minutia of backstory elements before the ride is open or even before bulk of the actual ride is known

I love a good backstory but to me it enhances the experience for those that are interested - but the based experience should still be fully enjoyable to everyone whether they know it or not.

Maybe just as nothing else really in the works and feel like they have to share something about what is being worked on at WDW so they keep over sharing on this backstory.

Vegas Disney Fan

I hope you’re right, I’ve said a couple times it will be nearly impossible to screw up this ride, unfortunately every time I say it Disney releases a statement that makes it sound like it’s being designed to deliver a message rather than being designed to be fun, and I start to worry again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom