News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Annual Passholder park reservation calendar, opening day for Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom on June 28 is currently unavailable for new park reservations.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 9.32.08 PM.png

Surferboy567

When they say soundtrack in this case, I think they're just referring to the music in the ride as the "soundtrack." That's not to say Disney won't be releasing any of the ride music. My guess is that the song PJ Morton wrote for the finale will be released as a single.
Hope we get a melody like Splash’s previous soundtrack release.

Figments Friend

Pretty sure this will likely be VQ only just like the other recent new Attractions began with, and some still retain.

Too much to deal with otherwise and OPs will want to address the crowd control issues / potentially long lines that will form in what is already a somewhat compact area in comparison to other places in the Park.

VQ will help alleviate those issues……as well as push Guests to empty wallets for LL who miss the time windows.
No way Disney will pass up all that easy money….all a part of the master plan.

So get your thumbs flexing and start practicing your seven second timing.
It’s coming….

-

aladdin2007

Pretty sure this will likely be VQ only just like the other recent new Attractions began with, and some still retain.

Too much to deal with otherwise and OPs will want to address the crowd control issues / potentially long lines that will form in what is already a somewhat compact area in comparison to other places in the Park.

VQ will help alleviate those issues……as well as push Guests to empty wallets for LL who miss the time windows.
No way Disney will pass up all that easy money….all a part of the master plan.

So get your thumbs flexing and start practicing your seven second timing.
It’s coming….

-
do you mean in general come June 28th or passholder previews?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has confirmed Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will open with a Virtual Queue. Disney does say a standby queue is expected to be used soon after opening.

1. Drop on in-to virtual queue…​

When Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens on June 28, it will use a virtual queue. Guests can request to join the virtual queue via the My Disney Experience app at one of two times: 7 a.m. or 1 p.m. While a standby queue will not be available during the attraction’s initial opening days, we expect to open a standby queue soon after the attraction’s opening.

Visit disneyworld.com/virtualqueue for more details about how virtual queues at Disney World work and what you need to know before visiting Magic Kingdom.

2. … or use Disney Genie+ service.​

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will also be included as a Lightning Lane entrance in Disney Genie+ service*. Purchasing this service on the My Disney Experience app helps you get to some of your favorite attractions faster through Lightning Lane entrances and includes digital downloads of select Disney PhotoPass attraction photos taken in the park on the day of your purchase at no additional charge. Guests may check the app on the day of their visit for pricing and availability.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
So no individual LL? This should guarantee selling out Genie+ daily more quickly and likely push MK G+ price higher. SDMT and Tron will likely still both sell out daily.
Maybe we should have seen this coming. 😂

Edit: meant to say G+ may sell out more quickly if priced similar to how it's been, not necessarily Tron and SDMT. Wouldn't be surprised to see MK G+ jump +$10.

Last edited:

tanc

Wow was not expecting it to be a Genie+ lightning lane, that's honestly pretty surprising to me. I never really thought about it, but having ILL and Genie+ LL probably must confuse people. Confused me at first, I thought it was the ILL, regardless at least we know how to get on the ride.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Wow was not expecting it to be a Genie+ lightning lane, that's honestly pretty surprising to me. I never really thought about it, but having ILL and Genie+ LL probably must confuse people. Confused me at first, I thought it was the ILL, regardless at least we know how to get on the ride.
Not to get us off topic here but it was an incredibly stupid move by Disney imo to have something called Lightning Lane and Individual Lightning Lane both obtained differently as well but anyways, back to Tiana’s broccoli swamp adventure

Bocabear

I am always confused about how to get on rides at Disney anymore... And confused why the admission ticket keeps going up, then we are getting fleeced for another $15-20 per ride we want to go on....

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Very rushed looking on-ride photo "concept art". Elements are OK but it needs some serious clean up and finessing. The attraction logo disappears into the wooden plaque of which there isn't enough detail. The firefly on the bottom right appears 3-5ft tall because there's no firefly trail or additional firefly family members to better reference his size. The splash graphic looks like clip art or a sticker instead of being integrated into the water. The critters depicted are the same ones they've shown multiple times now. Did they not plan on illustrating various poses? The greenery doesn't evoke that of a swamp. Oh, and Photoshop paintbrush fireflies blobs in the daytime. But the bottles are a nice addition. Other than that it looks like a quality On-ride photo! That'll be $18 please!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom